Author Topic: Kings willing to trade Stauskas for frontcourt help  (Read 15585 times)

Re: Kings willing to trade Stauskas for frontcourt help
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2015, 05:39:49 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Should note the article talks about the Kings looking for a "high-level" player.  Olynyk is a backup in a weak frontcourt on a losing team... I'd be shocked if the Kings were remotely interested in anything we have to offer.

Who is going to give up a "high-level" frontcourt player for Stauskas?  Some people around here are quite down on Marcus Smart and Stauskas makes Smart look like Goran Dragic.

Mike

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 05:44:28 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
hey idiots do you watch basketball? you do not trade away a 7 footer who can shoot and has proven he can play (albeit not consistently yet) for just another 6'5 - 6'6" guard whos proven nothing

Is that really necessary? Calling people idiots isn't gonna get you a lot of love around here.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 05:48:52 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Should note the article talks about the Kings looking for a "high-level" player.  Olynyk is a backup in a weak frontcourt on a losing team... I'd be shocked if the Kings were remotely interested in anything we have to offer.

Who is going to give up a "high-level" frontcourt player for Stauskas?  Some people around here are quite down on Marcus Smart and Stauskas makes Smart look like Goran Dragic.

Mike

It might mean the Kings are willing to give Stauskas more than 3 months in the NBA before giving up on him.  If they can get great value, they'll do it -- otherwise, no time to panic.

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 05:52:49 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
That being said, would you consider parting with Olynyk and a lesser asset for Stauskas?  KO might not be the "high-level" player they're looking for, but he's a good stretch four to help spread the floor around Boogie. The frontcourt defense might be a concern, but it's not that great right now as it is.

Would this be a feasible trade for both parties?

I like it. I want to trade Olynyk for whatever good prospect / asset Ainge can get for him. Stauskas seems like a good option. I would do that.

But Ainge won't. He doesn't want to trade Olynyk any time soon. He sees him as one of his best "pieces".
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 05:52:56 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
hey idiots do you watch basketball? you do not trade away a 7 footer who can shoot and has proven he can play (albeit not consistently yet) for just another 6'5 - 6'6" guard whos proven nothing

Is that really necessary? Calling people idiots isn't gonna get you a lot of love around here.
But he watches basketball! And apparently thinks that Steve Novak is the pinnacle of NBA play.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2015, 05:54:15 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

This was my initial reaction too.

If we could merge Sully, KO, Zeller and Bass in some sort of Voltron-like process, we might have a player the Kings would want.

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2015, 05:55:15 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

If we could merge Sully, KO, Zeller and Bass in some sort of Voltron-like process, we might have a player the Kings would want.

We'd also have a player I'd want!

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 05:59:09 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Too bad this guy will still be unable to play interior help defense or block a shot :-D
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2015, 06:01:51 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Too bad this guy will still be unable to play interior help defense or block a shot :-D

I was thinking the same thing. And unfortunately, adding Shav Randolph to the mix will not improve matters.

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2015, 06:12:56 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

I think if Brandon Bass were as tall as Olynyk with Sullinger's wingspan he'd have no trouble playing help defense and blocking shots.

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2015, 06:17:09 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
NS 5.5 PER, +/- per 100 possessions -17
KO 16.2 PER, +/- per 100 possessions +5

Why do I want to trade KO for Staukas?

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2015, 06:23:13 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Fluid Bigs who can shoot like Olynyk don't grow on tree's in this league.  No way do you give him up for Stauskas.  You can find Stauskas and then some with your mid-to-late first round picks coming up.  You can't always find 7 footers who can shoot like KO.

"Fluid" is definitely not the word I'd use to describe KO. "Awkward" and/or "slow" would work though. KO's a solid shooter, I'll give him that, but he'll be a poor man's Ryan Anderson if we're lucky.

He isn't Anthony Davis by all means but there is not many 7 footers who can dribble, pass, shoot, & drive to the bucket like he does.  He's a fluid big man no matter how you spin it.  They don't come around in the league a lot and they're hard to come by.

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2015, 06:25:53 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell

I watch.  And those are my sentiments as well, although I'd project it a little differently than you.

Stauskas is a dime a dozen.  Ainge can & will land someone better than Stauskas with the Clipper first rounder.

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2015, 06:27:01 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Never compare a rookie to a sophomore, unless the rookie is doing better.  McLemore was performing just as poorly last year, and now he's quite valuable.  Not to mention Sacramento's coaching situation has been unsettled this year.

Guarantee next year a lot of people will say "I told you so" about Stauskas when he comes into his own.  I will be one of them.

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2015, 06:29:11 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell

Never compare a rookie to a sophomore, unless the rookie is doing better.  McLemore was performing just as poorly last year, and now he's quite valuable.  Not to mention Sacramento's coaching situation has been unsettled this year.

Guarantee next year a lot of people will say "I told you so" about Stauskas when he comes into his own.  I will be one of them.

What will you say about KO and his game, 2-3 years down the road ?

It's tough to project on anyone, and it's waaaay early to grade these 2 out as a finished product.  That's why I take the 7 footer all day who looks to be extremely skilled.  He's just a year and a half into the project.