Author Topic: Brook Lopez to be traded soon?  (Read 11782 times)

Re: Brook Lopez to be traded soon?
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2015, 09:39:49 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I wonder if KG gets bought out.

I was thinking the same thing.

I'd say Clips, Bulls, Wizards, and Mavericks as possible suitors for him, or at least they would be the teams that he'd prefer to go since he's familiar with players/coaches on them. I think the Mavs have been acquiring about Jermaine O'Neal for weeks now. If that fails, maybe KG becomes a possibility if he happens to get bought out by the Nets.

Are the Nets even shopping KG around? I would think that a playoff team looking for 20 minutes a game from a PF/C type would be pretty psyched to have KG around. It doesn't seem fair to keep around a non-playoff team.

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2015, 09:43:42 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I just don't get it. How an any team have any interest in Lopez? How can you be interested in an overpaid injury prone and soft big who is coming off the bench?! Doesn't make sense to me to get him.

If you have similar money tied up in long-term contracts to worse players, you should definitely be considering acquiring Lopez.

Sacramento has always wanted a center who would allow them to let Cousins play PF.  BroLo doesn't fit what the Kings are reportedly looking for, but Lopez for Jason Thompson, Stauskus, and Derrick Williams might be interesting.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Re: Heat looking to get brook lopez ?
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2015, 09:44:13 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
The Nets have continued to discuss a trade of Brook Lopez and the Heat have shown a strong interest, according to Ohm Youngmisuk of ESPN NY.

Hmmm perhaps we could help facilitate.
Brook Lopez is a strong offensive presence when healthy.  If healthy.....
People wrote Pau Gasol off early.  I think too many people are doing the same with Brook Lopez.

Gasol was a 1B player on a back to back championship team . He actually should have been MVP in the 2010 finals . Lopez isn't on that level IMO.

I actually really like the comparison. The Lakers got him for dirt cheap because so many had written him off.

You think giving up a young Marc Gasol was dirt cheap?

Hindsite is 20/20.

That was widely considered a garbage deal for Memphis at the time. Nobody saw Marc Gasol becoming what he has.

I remember watching him on the 2006 Spanish team and being impressed and he had improved and grew a couple inches in the year after the Lakers had drafted him.  He was playing good in a very competitive Euro league at the time of the trade, he had fallen to the second as he was not ready for the NBA immediately, but there was no doubt he would be a starting NBA center.  To get him and 2 firsts, the person the Lakers had taken 17th overall in the previous draft, and a guy who had gone 1st overall 6 years earlier out of high school as a lottery ticket type, I do not consider that dirt cheap.  It might have been underwhelming, but I disagree with the term dirt cheap.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2015, 09:45:16 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I wonder if KG gets bought out.

I was thinking the same thing.

I'd say Clips, Bulls, Wizards, and Mavericks as possible suitors for him, or at least they would be the teams that he'd prefer to go since he's familiar with players/coaches on them. I think the Mavs have been acquiring about Jermaine O'Neal for weeks now. If that fails, maybe KG becomes a possibility if he happens to get bought out by the Nets.

Are the Nets even shopping KG around? I would think that a playoff team looking for 20 minutes a game from a PF/C type would be pretty psyched to have KG around. It doesn't seem fair to keep around a non-playoff team.

They're more concerned with dumping the future salary of Lopez and Deron Williams.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2015, 09:51:28 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
ESPN's Chris Broussard reporting that OKC is in talks with Brooklyn and Charlotte on a three-team deal that would send Brook Lopez to OKC.

Sources: Nets,Hornets,OKC talking 3-way trade. Brook Lopez 2 OKC, Lance Stephenson 2 BKN, Jeremy Lamb/Jarrett Jack 2 Charlotte.Talks ongoing

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2015, 09:54:04 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
ESPN's Chris Broussard reporting that OKC is in talks with Brooklyn and Charlotte on a three-team deal that would send Brook Lopez to OKC.

Sources: Nets,Hornets,OKC talking 3-way trade. Brook Lopez 2 OKC, Lance Stephenson 2 BKN, Jeremy Lamb/Jarrett Jack 2 Charlotte.Talks ongoing

So long as Perk is involved and can be reunited with either KG or Big Al, I'm happy.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2015, 10:23:07 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I just don't get it. How an any team have any interest in Lopez? How can you be interested in an overpaid injury prone and soft big who is coming off the bench?! Doesn't make sense to me to get him.

If you have similar money tied up in long-term contracts to worse players, you should definitely be considering acquiring Lopez.

Sacramento has always wanted a center who would allow them to let Cousins play PF.  BroLo doesn't fit what the Kings are reportedly looking for, but Lopez for Jason Thompson, Stauskus, and Derrick Williams might be interesting.

I guess that makes sense. Especially when you are OKC and you're desperately trying to prove  to KD that you want to build a winner around him.

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2015, 10:25:54 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Gotta say I love it for Brooklyn. You're future is already going down in flames and you add the even more self-destructive Lance Stephenson. I can't wait for the C's to get their hands on those lottery picks.

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2015, 10:29:39 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Sacramento has always wanted a center who would allow them to let Cousins play PF.

I'm not sure if that's true any more.  Cousins is the most dominant center in the NBA, where he's been elite at both ends this year.  Why move him to PF, where he'd presumably be asked to play further away from the basket on offense, and required to chase guys around on the perimeter on D?

I wouldn't put it past Sacramento's management, but it seems like a poor idea to me.  Cousins just needs a power forward who can hit a jumper and play some defense next to him.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2015, 10:53:44 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!

Complete panic move by OKC if true. They want Lopez but were too cheap to pay Gasol?

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2015, 10:57:15 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I'd rather see kg go to Brooklyn then Lopez.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2015, 11:02:37 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I'd rather see kg go to Brooklyn then Lopez.

You mean that you'd rather see KG in OKC, as opposed to Brooklyn, than Lopez, right?

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2015, 11:14:07 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Complete panic move by OKC if true. They want Lopez but were too cheap to pay Gasol?

They were too cheap to pay Harden and it looks like they won't sign Reggie Jackson to a new deal (hence the trade for Waiters), so it doesn't surprise me.  Presti doesn't seem to understand that the nba isn't baseball or football - you can't just trade all stars or let them walk once they hit a certain age because you're too cheap, like how the Red Sox seem to do every time a player turns 30, lol. ;D  It doesn't matter how many 'prospects' and/or draft picks that you get in return, Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb could never replace James Harden.  Lamb and Martin don't even have the same skill-set as that dude with the beard, which I really hope he shaves before something starts growing in there, lol. ;D  Anyway, I just don't think that that's how you build a team - routinely swapping your best players for guys who you hope will be able to replace an all star just because of your unwillingness to actually pay them.  Once you have a guy like Harden, you've got to hold onto them, because they don't exactly grow on trees.

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2015, 11:14:17 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I question Cousins ability to play the four or PF.   He is not the best shooter at range.

Re: Heat looking to get brook lopez ?
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2015, 11:20:59 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The Nets have continued to discuss a trade of Brook Lopez and the Heat have shown a strong interest, according to Ohm Youngmisuk of ESPN NY.

Hmmm perhaps we could help facilitate.
Brook Lopez is a strong offensive presence when healthy.  If healthy.....
People wrote Pau Gasol off early.  I think too many people are doing the same with Brook Lopez.

Gasol was a 1B player on a back to back championship team . He actually should have been MVP in the 2010 finals . Lopez isn't on that level IMO.

I actually really like the comparison. The Lakers got him for dirt cheap because so many had written him off.

You think giving up a young Marc Gasol was dirt cheap?

Hindsite is 20/20.

That was widely considered a garbage deal for Memphis at the time. Nobody saw Marc Gasol becoming what he has.

I remember watching him on the 2006 Spanish team and being impressed and he had improved and grew a couple inches in the year after the Lakers had drafted him.  He was playing good in a very competitive Euro league at the time of the trade, he had fallen to the second as he was not ready for the NBA immediately, but there was no doubt he would be a starting NBA center.  To get him and 2 firsts, the person the Lakers had taken 17th overall in the previous draft, and a guy who had gone 1st overall 6 years earlier out of high school as a lottery ticket type, I do not consider that dirt cheap.  It might have been underwhelming, but I disagree with the term dirt cheap.

All very true and dirt cheap maybe an exaggeration, but it is essentially the same as if the 2016 2nd round pick from Dallas in the Mavs trade turns into a player as good as Rondo. You hope Crowder, the first, and the Minny 2nds work out, but you jump for joy if a very low draft choice becomes an DPOY and perennial all-star.