Author Topic: Brook Lopez to be traded soon?  (Read 11789 times)

Re: Heat looking to get brook lopez ?
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 07:43:48 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Danny's not taking on salary owed next year. 

It depends on the return.

His price seems higher than anyone would want to pay.

(Of course, if it's a star player, that's a different story.)

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 07:55:05 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Would Danny rather see Lopez traded or stick, given that we own those BKN picks?

I think he'd rather see him moved. BKN won't have significant cap room this summer even if they dump Lopez. So, they'd probably be worse without him in 2016.

Suppose, just for the sake of argument, we think that the 2016 Nets pick is 15-20th if they keep Lopez, but could be 8th-15th if they get rid of him?

Wouldn't we be willing to step in as a third team and give up a 2nd rounder to make that happen, if we could?

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 07:37:41 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Brooklyn has accelerated trade discussions for Brook Lopez with the intention on moving him soon, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Nets talking to several teams, but officials around league say Nets making second hard push for intel on Charlotte’s Lance Stephenson.

Wojo

Re: Brook Lopez to be traded soon?
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 08:09:11 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It better be a 3-way if Charlotte is involved.  Trying to play Lopez next to Big Al would be a disaster.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 08:15:36 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Would Danny rather see Lopez traded or stick, given that we own those BKN picks?

I think he'd rather see him moved. BKN won't have significant cap room this summer even if they dump Lopez. So, they'd probably be worse without him in 2016.

Suppose, just for the sake of argument, we think that the 2016 Nets pick is 15-20th if they keep Lopez, but could be 8th-15th if they get rid of him?

Wouldn't we be willing to step in as a third team and give up a 2nd rounder to make that happen, if we could?

I think he'd rather have him stay in Brooklyn because it clogs up their rotation+salary to add anyone decent.
Lopez is a significant injury risk, and there's gotta be some correlation between Lopez being a ball hog and Deron Williams completely dogging it.

The major factor in all this is Plumlee playing so well so they don't need two above average centers when one is being paid 3 million vs 17 million.

Moving Lopez for someone like Stephenson gives them an addition by subtraction. At least from a roster perspective.

I'd assume the Bobcats would ask for Bogdanovic to replace Stephenson too.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2015, 08:21:37 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
I'd rather see Lopez stick in BKN.  Things aren't going well.  Any flexibility they gain can only hurt us.

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2015, 08:33:25 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Moving Lopez for someone like Stephenson gives them an addition by subtraction.

A reasonable argument can be made that moving Stephenson is addition by subtraction for Charlotte and acquiring Josh Smith's teammate on the 2014-2015 All-Cancer team has a shot at making the Nets worse next season.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 08:34:39 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
If they trade Lopez and manage to get rid of Deron Williams, I wonder if KG gets bought out.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2015, 08:55:22 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
I wonder if KG gets bought out.

I was thinking the same thing.

I'd say Clips, Bulls, Wizards, and Mavericks as possible suitors for him, or at least they would be the teams that he'd prefer to go since he's familiar with players/coaches on them. I think the Mavs have been acquiring about Jermaine O'Neal for weeks now. If that fails, maybe KG becomes a possibility if he happens to get bought out by the Nets.

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2015, 09:12:53 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
The Nets have continued to discuss a trade of Brook Lopez and the Heat have shown a strong interest, according to Ohm Youngmisuk of ESPN NY.

Hmmm perhaps we could help facilitate.
Brook Lopez is a strong offensive presence when healthy.  If healthy.....
People wrote Pau Gasol off early.  I think too many people are doing the same with Brook Lopez.

Gasol was a 1B player on a back to back championship team . He actually should have been MVP in the 2010 finals . Lopez isn't on that level IMO.

I actually really like the comparison. The Lakers got him for dirt cheap because so many had written him off.

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2015, 09:15:13 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
The Nets have continued to discuss a trade of Brook Lopez and the Heat have shown a strong interest, according to Ohm Youngmisuk of ESPN NY.

People wrote Pau Gasol off early.  I think too many people are doing the same with Brook Lopez.

Gasol was a 1B player on a back to back championship team . He actually should have been MVP in the 2010 finals . Lopez isn't on that level IMO.

I actually really like the comparison. The Lakers got him for dirt cheap because so many had written him off.

You think giving up a young Marc Gasol was dirt cheap?
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2015, 09:17:04 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Hindsite is 20/20.

That was widely considered a garbage deal for Memphis at the time. Nobody saw Marc Gasol becoming what he has.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2015, 09:19:44 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Hindsite is 20/20.

That was widely considered a garbage deal for Memphis at the time. Nobody saw Marc Gasol becoming what he has.

I agree with this.

I don't necessarily think that Gasol's reputation was in the dumpster when the Lakers acquired him, though.  I think that's why there was so much outrage:  everyone knew that the Grizzlies had given up a good player.

The Grizzlies owner admitted after the fact that the didn't shop around.  That blew my mind:  you're trading your star, and you don't even let the league know that you're close to pulling the trigger.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2015, 09:25:25 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I just don't get it. How an any team have any interest in Lopez? How can you be interested in an overpaid injury prone and soft big who is coming off the bench?! Doesn't make sense to me to get him.

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2015, 09:32:32 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I don't consider him starting material over 80 games even possible ....when is the last time he played a whole season ? 

He is a backup at this point.......he has never proved he can stay healthy , unless he is on the bench.

His attitude maybe screwed up a bit......trying to save himself ....Hollins doesn't seem to think he plays hard .  Especially on defense......maybe he has been taking coasting lessons from Rondo.

Lopez needs a back up gig on a contender ......he just can't be relied on as your main weapon as a big .......he'll break down ....

Having Brooke and DWill.   The most fragile players on the same team must be maddening for a coach.