Author Topic: Brook Lopez to be traded soon?  (Read 11762 times)

Brook Lopez to be traded soon?
« on: January 14, 2015, 05:36:42 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
The Nets have continued to discuss a trade of Brook Lopez and the Heat have shown a strong interest, according to Ohm Youngmisuk of ESPN NY.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 07:53:16 PM by crownontherocks »

Re: Heat looking to get brook lopez ?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 05:50:32 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
The Nets have continued to discuss a trade of Brook Lopez and the Heat have shown a strong interest, according to Ohm Youngmisuk of ESPN NY.

Hmmm perhaps we could help facilitate.
Brook Lopez is a strong offensive presence when healthy.  If healthy.....
People wrote Pau Gasol off early.  I think too many people are doing the same with Brook Lopez.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 05:53:11 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Hmmm perhaps we could help facilitate.
Brook Lopez is a strong offensive presence when healthy.  If healthy.....
People wrote Pau Gasol off early.  I think too many people are doing the same with Brook Lopez.

Gasol was a 1B player on a back to back championship team . He actually should have been MVP in the 2010 finals . Lopez isn't on that level IMO.

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 05:54:46 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Wonder how that would work? Lopez's almost $16 mil would be hard to match. Would have to be a 3rd team involved? Even then would it work?

EDIT: I don't think Riley has the assets to get him.

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 05:56:39 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Heat would have to send out $10.7 mil to make salaries work -- Nets would definitely have to take some significant salary back for next year.  Certainly Birdman.  Tough to see a deal between them.

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 06:06:14 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I don't think Bosh and Brook Lopez would be all that good together. Bosh is better with a more mobile big man. Lopez is a flawed enough big man already. Throw in some concerns over fit and I doubt adding Lopez to the mix would really help Miami.

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 06:08:17 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I think Miami should be concentrating on adding another creator out on the perimeter to help out Wade and Bosh. Too reliant on Wade to create offense for them. I do like their offensive system with Bosh at center alongside shooters. A 2nd creator alongside Wade would make them one of the top offensive teams in the league.

I think a 2nd high quality creator on the perimeter make a much larger impact offensively than a talented offense-only center like Brook Lopez would.

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 06:11:27 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I think Miami should be concentrating on adding another creator out on the perimeter to help out Wade and Bosh. Too reliant on Wade to create offense for them. I do like their offensive system with Bosh at center alongside shooters. A 2nd creator alongside Wade would make them one of the top offensive teams in the league.

I think a 2nd high quality creator on the perimeter make a much larger impact offensively than a talented offense-only center like Brook Lopez would.

Micheal Carter Williams?

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 06:12:57 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
We could help facilitate by eating some salary if they wanna send us Whiteside and a first rounder with our trade exception.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 06:17:44 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Micheal Carter Williams?

I think ideally Miami would want someone who can make outside shots as well as being a threat off the dribble ... because D-Wade is a sketchy shooter so pairing him with a guy like MCW who is a very poor shooter would put a lot of pressure on other three guys on court with them.

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 06:25:12 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Gotta give it up to the Heat. Turned a 2nd rounder and NBA chump change into Whiteside and James Ennis. Now they have those two + Napier, Norris Cole, etc. to turn into a third piece next to an already legitimate Wade/Bosh core. Impressive.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 06:27:48 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't think Bosh and Brook Lopez would be all that good together. Bosh is better with a more mobile big man. Lopez is a flawed enough big man already. Throw in some concerns over fit and I doubt adding Lopez to the mix would really help Miami.

I agree.  Plus, Lopez isn't really a complementary player.  The only thing he does is score, and if he's not getting the ball, he's basically useless out there.  How many shots do Bosh and Wade want to cede to Lopez?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 06:28:39 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
We could help facilitate by eating some salary if they wanna send us Whiteside and a first rounder with our trade exception.

Danny's not taking on salary owed next year.  Most of Miami's roster is under contract until 2016.

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 06:30:15 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Heat would have to send out $10.7 mil to make salaries work -- Nets would definitely have to take some significant salary back for next year.  Certainly Birdman.  Tough to see a deal between them.

You'd think any trade would need to include McRoberts and Birdman - both of whom are pretty yucky. Since that is only about $10.6 mil, they would also need to include one of their minimums.

I realize the Nets want to rid themselves of Brook Lopez, but I doubt it will be at the expense of paying McRoberts through 2018 (when he has a player option for $6 mil).

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2015, 06:34:20 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Danny's not taking on salary owed next year. 

It depends on the return.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes