Author Topic: MCW On trade bloc (espn)  (Read 15243 times)

Re: MCW On trade bloc (espn)
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 06:31:34 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
He's not on the block.

He's been in the block since at least last June.  Everyone knows it, including MCW.

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 07:02:42 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
He's not on the block.

He's been in the block since at least last June.  Everyone knows it, including MCW.
He's no more "on the block" than every single player on the Celtics (Smart, Sully, Oly, Bradley, etc).

They are open to moving him if they get a few 1sts or an established superstar, but they aren't actively seeking a trade destination for a 23 year old rich man's Rajon Rondo.  He's a productive young player that plays a position of need.  Why would they trade him?

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 07:05:03 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
He's not on the block.

He's no more "on the block" than every single player on the Celtics (Smart, Sully, Oly, Bradley, etc).

They are open to moving him if they get a few 1sts or an established superstar, but they aren't actively seeking a trade destination for a 23 year old rich man's Rajon Rondo.  He's a productive young player that plays a position of need.  Why would they trade him?

Maybe because they don't view him as part of their future.

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 07:05:03 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
He's not on the block.

They are open to moving him if they get a few 1sts, but they aren't actively seeking a trade destination for a 21 year old rich man's Rajon Rondo.

A rich man's Rondo? Stop trolling

He is a worse shooter , distributor , defender than Rondo ever was .

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 07:05:51 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
He's not on the block.

There was a lot of talk that he developed a lot of bad habits (stat padding being the most notable). There is also a lot of question of how much he'll actually improve considering he's already 23 and isn't the most athletic of players.

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2015, 07:07:50 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
He's not on the block.

They are open to moving him if they get a few 1sts, but they aren't actively seeking a trade destination for a 21 year old rich man's Rajon Rondo.

A rich man's Rondo? Stop trolling

He is a worse shooter , distributor , defender than Rondo ever was .
Is he?

Dunno if that's true. 

Career averages of 16 points, 6.6 assists, 6.3 rebounds, 1.7 steals on 40%/26%/67% shooting

What was Rondo doing in his second season? ... 10.6 points, 5.1 asssits, 4 rebounds, 1.7 steals, 49%/26%/61% ... but keep in mind this was with near prime version of KG, Pierce and Ray drawing attention.   The year prior on a Phily-like bottomfeeder, Rondo shot 41% and 21%  6.4 points, 3.8 assissts, 3.7 rebounds, 1.6 steals.

I think between year 2 MCW vs Year 2 Rondo, I go with MCW. 

Anyways...MCW isn't actually available.  "The Sixers will want multiple first-round draft picks for MCW"... much ado about nothing.

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2015, 07:14:09 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Here's what one writer speculated:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24962190/the-sixers-trouble-with-trading-michael-carter-williams

So the Sixers are stuck to a degree. But then, if Boston feels Marcus Smart is a future 2-guard (and they're playing Evan Turner at point right now for crying out loud), then they have the picks to spare. It's whether MCW fits their style, and that's a big question mark.

Other than that, there's the idea of adding him as a reserve. But what team gives up mulitiple picks or assets to acquire a backup point guard?

Tell you what, I'll give em a couple late 1sts and Sully if they want to throw in Nerlens Noel.

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2015, 07:18:06 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
I can't speak for Philly, but if I were them I'd trade him.  Maybe there's still a little luster on that ROY trophy?  His numbers are fool's gold.  He can't shoot now and shows no sign of improving there.  His impact on games is nowhere close to prime Rondo, although his numbers show him being ahead of where Rondo was at the same age.  PG's are a dime a dozen.

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2015, 07:23:49 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24962190/the-sixers-trouble-with-trading-michael-carter-williams

So the Sixers are stuck to a degree. But then, if Boston feels Marcus Smart is a future 2-guard (and they're playing Evan Turner at point right now for crying out loud), then they have the picks to spare. It's whether MCW fits their style, and that's a big question mark.

Other than that, there's the idea of adding him as a reserve. But what team gives up mulitiple picks or assets to acquire a backup point guard?

Tell you what, I'll give em a couple late 1sts and Sully if they want to throw in Nerlens Noel.
Yuck.  I do NOT want  MCW or Noel on this team.  I wouldn't trade Sully straight up for both of them (in strict basketball terms).

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2015, 07:26:35 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

Yuck.  I do NOT want  MCW or Noel on this team.  I wouldn't trade Sully straight up for both of them (in strict basketball terms).

Yea I know he has only played a few games but Noel has looked awful whenever I have seen him (like a high schooler or hasheem thabeet)

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2015, 07:26:41 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

You can't be serious. Both players individually probably have more value than Sullinger.

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2015, 07:27:29 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
He's not on the block.
Ive read that he is on the block several times this year.  I believe that Chad Ford mentioned just that in his chat today.

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2015, 07:28:28 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

You can't be serious. Both players individually probably have more value than Sullinger.

I think Noel has more value than Sullinger.

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2015, 07:28:54 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
He's not on the block.

Maybe because they don't view him as part of their future.
Maybe all of the Okafor talk is BS, and they really have their eyes set on Mudiay.

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2015, 07:29:59 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

Would you give them:

Boston's 2015 First Round Pick
Brooklyn's 2016 First Round Pick
Jared Sullinger

For

MCW & Noel ??