Author Topic: Hassan Whiteside  (Read 7687 times)

Hassan Whiteside
« on: January 14, 2015, 03:53:50 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Is he a restricted free agent next year????????????

Smitty77

P.S. Whoever it was that talked about calling HW up from the NBADL before Miami did it, kudos.  I bet there are about 29 GM's feeling quite stupid right about now, except for Riley!!!!!

Re: Hassan Whiteside
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 03:59:46 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
The jury is still out. He's on the oldish side, which limits any upside. I think he's getting drastically overrated because teams are ignoring him. He should slip soon.

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 04:03:51 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
The jury is still out. He's on the oldish side, which limits any upside. I think he's getting drastically overrated because teams are ignoring him. He should slip soon.

Wow, 25 is OLD?????????????????????????

Smitty77

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 04:15:42 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
It should be noted that he couldn't even make it in the Lebanese basketball league last spring.  Good for him on putting it together for a bit, and really good for him if can keep it up, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over the absence of Hassan Whiteside from the Celtics.

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 04:27:15 PM »

Offline NYDan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
The Heat have him through next season I believe, then he's an RFA.

I've watched the last few Heat games and he has been fantastic for them - game changing presence when he checks in, athletic and dominant while still playing within himself and the team concept. His scoring may go down without Wade tossing lobs the next few games but if Whiteside can keep his fouls in check and secure a starting role (IMO he's earned it already) it's the breakout/comeback story of the year. Personally I'm sold on the hype, looked like the Lakers did plan for him some and he still put up a great line in 21 minutes.

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 04:29:32 PM »

Offline MasterEmile

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 46
Yeah I'm from Lebanon, and me and a couple of my friends are utterly surprised by the numbers he's doing in the Nba. Don't get me wrong, he was one of the best foreign players by far in Lebanon (rule of having a maximum of 2 non-lebanese per team) but his numbers weren't all that impressive, considering that bench warmer caliber talent in the Nba completely dominate our league.
Note: Our best player Fady El Khatib, who was playing better than Whiteside last year, can't even crack a rotation in the Nba.

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 04:30:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Hassan who??

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 04:34:40 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
The Heat have him through next season I believe, then he's an RFA.

I've watched the last few Heat games and he has been fantastic for them - game changing presence when he checks in, athletic and dominant while still playing within himself and the team concept. His scoring may go down without Wade tossing lobs the next few games but if Whiteside can keep his fouls in check and secure a starting role (IMO he's earned it already) it's the breakout/comeback story of the year. Personally I'm sold on the hype, looked like the Lakers did plan for him some and he still put up a great line in 21 minutes.

The Heat have virtually no cap room for next year.  If he continues this pace, I would offer 6-7 million per to steal him away.  Big men are so very hard to find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 05:03:54 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
this looks like a possible classic case of 1/2 good season -> big contract -> big time bust after that.
 you never know, but thats happened plenty of times before.

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 10:38:39 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Wow, 25 is OLD?????????????????????????

Smitty77

That's not exactly young. In fact, he'll be 26 this year. If he were 21 or 22 it would bode much better for his potential.

He has energy and is active, let's see what happens once teams start actually paying attention to him and start keeping a body on him.

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 10:47:55 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Hassan who??

You didn't see the thread about him started by Yoki?  Give him all the credit in the world for bringing this dude to our attention, as I've always been in complete agreement with him on Whiteside, but I was just adding on to what he had established.  Here are some highlights -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZlJNzWGmFc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-9JGp31oqI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS2059GQPto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLyQPHfuzmw

We could have had him FOR FREE!  Ugh.

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 11:00:24 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Hassan who??

You didn't see the thread about him started by Yoki?  Give him all the credit in the world for bringing this dude to our attention, as I've always been in complete agreement with him on Whiteside, but I was just adding on to what he had established.  Here are some highlights -

Are you higher on him or Granger armed with the Heat medical staff?

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 11:07:44 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Hassan who??

Are you higher on him or Granger armed with the Heat medical staff?

Well, after that blistering shooting streak of his, Granger hasn't been able to throw it in the ocean from the beach over the past 2 weeks, lol, but at least he's been able to play, but, yeah, I'm 'higher' lol on Whiteside.

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 06:15:24 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2015, 06:30:43 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
We could have had him for free this season, but would have to pay after that just like whichever team eventually gets him this summer. An easy comp for this story seems to be this year's Linsanity. We'll see how it all plays out.

On another note, whenever I hear or see his name mentioned, I yell "Cause I'm Hassan Whiteside!" to the tune of Mr. Brightside by the Killers. The one person I know who has heard me do that does not think it's amusing.