Author Topic: Woj's article on Lebron and his lack of leadership w/Cavs  (Read 11196 times)

Re: Woj's article on Lebron and his lack of leadership w/Cavs
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2015, 11:02:11 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Well I guess the demise of the Cavs was a little premature, they have rattled off 8 wins in a row and are now only 3 games out of the 4 spot with 35 games to play, still think they will be the team to beat in the East when the playoffs roll around...

It's the JR Smith effect!

...half joking, but I did think he was a good fit when they got him, his game is basically the role they wanted Waiters to take.

EDIT: I saw that.  Oddly I completely believe him.  Though I think enough time there and he'll just wind up chugging Patron at TGI Friday's like Vince Young.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 11:21:20 AM by foulweatherfan »

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2015, 11:16:08 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2015, 12:29:23 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
LeBron has been showered with  aculades his whole life .......what he wants and everything is about him and nobody else ...save his family.

Too self much  .....me ......everything needs to be about him ...all,the time .......like Howard .

Not very like able personality  .

He has trouble lowering his self to the lesser gifted players level .......a basic jerk

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2015, 07:48:34 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
It's the:

Timo effect!!
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2015, 09:05:21 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
I like the article but I do think the Cavs will be fine, Lebron looked explosive last night, by far the most explosive he has all year.  I wonder what he did in Miami for those two weeks??  Was Tony Bosch in Miami at the same time:)

How was last night encouraging? Yes Lebron played very well, but they still lost to 10th best team in the West and benched one of their starters. They may beat the Lakers in their next game but then will probably be back under .500 with their next two games against Clippers and Bulls.

Did you watch him at all this year? he wasn't the same guy.  Last night he was explosive and dynamic.  He will go back to his MVP shortly and the Cavs will start rattling off wins.  Last night was the best he has looked in a long, long time

James' explosiveness is not the problem. The problem is that the team is poorly constructed, dysfunctional, they don't respect the coach, and James is also likely looking to undermine the coach and bring more of his friends in. It's a mess.

James explosiveness has been ONE of the problems!  ( his numbers are down across the board ) Yes, the team is poorly constructed etc but any team with Lebron, Kyrie and Love shouldn't be under .500 in the East.  I think Lebron was dinged up more than we think.  I saw him make a handful of plays last night that he hasn't all year.  The Cavs are still going to finish in the top 4 in the East.  It's not like this team isn't making the playoffs...

Do you look at the standings or do any basic math before you make these kind of predictions?

The Bulls are currently the 4th seed in the conference with a 26 and 13 record and a .667 winning percentage. If we assume they play at a similar pace the rest of the season they would be roughly 55- 27 (there really isn't a reason to think they will drop off considering Gibson, Noah and Rose have all been banged up and Rose has been getting extra rest)

For the Cavs to finish with a record of 55-27 they will have to go 36-7. Have you seen anything in this team that suggests they will only lose 7 games the rest of the season? They are even further behind the other teams... Top 4 would be a minor miracle

Looks like your math was fuzzy bro - Cavs in 3rd right now and 1.5 games out of second....As I said before Lebron would right the ship and this team would finish top 4, looks like they are going to finish top 2 at this point....

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2015, 09:43:13 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
When he wrote the article it was very much in question, TT.

I don't think LeBron gets credit for righting the ship as much as the GM making the trades.  Lebron has played since the beginning and did not right the ship.   Why does he get credit now?  That makes no sense to me.

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2015, 10:46:31 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Why does Woj like Lebron so much? What's the story

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2015, 10:48:25 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Like?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2015, 10:52:21 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton

Like?

Wojo has been pretty hard on Lebron throughout his career...

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2015, 10:58:47 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Like?

Wojo has been pretty hard on Lebron throughout his career...

Exactly.  That's why I was questioning the thought.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2015, 11:14:12 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
This doesn't have much to do with his leadership, but i was thinking yesterday about how annoying it would be to play with him because of his hot potato assists. You know, those ones where he holds the ball forever, until the clock winds down, then he passes it to you at the last second. Whether you have a good shot or not, you have to put it up. If you male it, he gets an assist. If you miss it, he's fine, but your percentage goes down..

I'm such a lebron hater, i know
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2015, 11:14:31 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
When he wrote the article it was very much in question, TT.

I don't think LeBron gets credit for righting the ship as much as the GM making the trades.  Lebron has played since the beginning and did not right the ship.   Why does he get credit now?  That makes no sense to me.
He doesn't, the article was always just nonsense and now that the team is winning (you know when Lebron got healthy) it has just become apparent of Woj's nonsensical viewpoint.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2015, 11:16:16 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Woj is such a tool.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2015, 11:18:37 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
This doesn't have much to do with his leadership, but i was thinking yesterday about how annoying it would be to play with him because of his hot potato assists. You know, those ones where he holds the ball forever, until the clock winds down, then he passes it to you at the last second. Whether you have a good shot or not, you have to put it up. If you male it, he gets an assist. If you miss it, he's fine, but your percentage goes down..

I think that is called a Rondo??

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2015, 11:21:25 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

I think that is called a Rondo??
Ooh, burn

Sidenote, i LOVE marcus smarts feel for the game
I trust Danny Ainge