Author Topic: Woj's article on Lebron and his lack of leadership w/Cavs  (Read 11221 times)

Woj's article on Lebron and his lack of leadership w/Cavs
« on: January 14, 2015, 01:04:25 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
For all the leveraging of the Ohio homecoming into marketing and commercials, few surrounding these Cavaliers sensed James had intimately invested himself into the process of constructing a championship culture. When the Cavaliers needed his old MVP self – hard-playing, smart and relentless – they found him taking off plays and jogging back on defense and undermining his coach in ways big and small. James hadn't offered the leadership he promised to reconstruct the franchise, only his presence.

Of course, LeBron James isn't leaving Cleveland again, and no leveraging can convince NBA people he will leave. James has what he wants in Cleveland: a captive audience for his business pursuits and the further elevation and reclamation of his marketing image. He has his friends everywhere in the organization – hired into staff jobs, riding on the team charters, meeting with management and ownership at will. Those things didn't happen in Miami with Micky Arison and Pat Riley, but let's be honest: Almost no other franchise wouldn't have promised all that access to sign James.

In the end, James will decide Blatt's fate. If he remains obstinate, the Cavaliers will have to make a change. No coach can exist in that climate, least of all a European icon with no NBA playing or bench experience. Blatt has to grow fast on this job, learn the league and its players in a hurry, but James can give him support in the locker room – or keep choosing to treat him like a short-timer.

Whatever James' agenda on the coaching front, there were those who believed they had it pegged back in the summer. It was no accident Mark Jackson left one of the most powerful agents in basketball to become a client of Paul. Paul had no coaching clients, but immense leverage within the Cavaliers. To hear Jackson overpraising James and the team's talent on television – even defending James on giving Blatt a tepid public endorsement – delivers light in itself to this alliance.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cavs-need-lebron-james-to-show-leadership-he-promised-173753124.html
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 01:34:21 PM by sed522002 »

Re: Woj's article on Lebron and his lack of leadership w/Cavs
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 01:13:42 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I've said it before: LeBron isn't a good leader, especially in adversity. Too much entitlement.

Playing with DWade forced LeBron to be a better leader.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 01:17:14 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I loved his leadership for the Cavs at the OSU game.

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 01:21:08 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Sounds like Charlie Sheen's character in Major League II for most of the movie.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 01:24:12 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
One of these days we're going to find out that LeBron had 5,000 pizzas delivered to Woj's house or something. The dude has a serious hang up on James.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 01:26:48 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Thing that I was most interested in with that article, that Mark Jackson hired Rich Paul as his agent.

Mr. Hand Down Man down angling for his next job I guess.

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 01:27:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 01:29:21 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
One of these days we're going to find out that LeBron had 5,000 pizzas delivered to Woj's house or something. The dude has a serious hang up on James.

He's toned it down on Lebron..lol, but man did he have one when he left for Miami.

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 01:33:39 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Thing that I was most interested in with that article, that Mark Jackson hired Rich Paul as his agent.

Mr. Hand Down Man down angling for his next job I guess.

If it's Mark Jackson that Lebron wants as the Cavs coach, then they are in bigger trouble than I could have imagined.

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 01:34:14 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
I like the article but I do think the Cavs will be fine, Lebron looked explosive last night, by far the most explosive he has all year.  I wonder what he did in Miami for those two weeks??  Was Tony Bosch in Miami at the same time:)

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 01:46:09 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
I like the article but I do think the Cavs will be fine, Lebron looked explosive last night, by far the most explosive he has all year.  I wonder what he did in Miami for those two weeks??  Was Tony Bosch in Miami at the same time:)

How was last night encouraging? Yes Lebron played very well, but they still lost to 10th best team in the West and benched one of their starters. They may beat the Lakers in their next game but then will probably be back under .500 with their next two games against Clippers and Bulls.

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 01:55:36 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Florida sunshine makes good "juice".

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 01:56:48 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48

How was last night encouraging? Yes Lebron played very well, but they still lost to 10th best team in the West and benched one of their starters. They may beat the Lakers in their next game but then will probably be back under .500 with their next two games against Clippers and Bulls.

Did you watch him at all this year? he wasn't the same guy.  Last night he was explosive and dynamic.  He will go back to his MVP shortly and the Cavs will start rattling off wins.  Last night was the best he has looked in a long, long time

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 02:00:37 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Did you watch him at all this year? he wasn't the same guy.  Last night he was explosive and dynamic.  He will go back to his MVP shortly and the Cavs will start rattling off wins.  Last night was the best he has looked in a long, long time
If he's really getting worn down, I don't think two weeks rest are going to keep him at this level for the rest of the season.

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2015, 02:01:57 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

James' explosiveness is not the problem. The problem is that the team is poorly constructed, dysfunctional, they don't respect the coach, and James is also likely looking to undermine the coach and bring more of his friends in. It's a mess.