Author Topic: Report: Jameer for Nate Robinson; Nate to be bought out (merged)  (Read 18245 times)

Re: Report: Jameer for Nate Robinson; Nate to be bought out (merged)
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2015, 11:34:29 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Hey Roy,  so is this the updated moves via the Rondo trade ?  Got this on another board:

1.) Shaved nearly 10mil further below the tax (effectively turning Rondo's salary into Crowder's and Robinson's).

2.) Effectively turned the 5.3mil Bogans TPE and 3.8mil Anthony TPE into a 12.9mil Rondo TPE and a 5.0mil Wright TPE.

3.) Acquired the following picks (listed at most likely date/range of arrival):
- 2016 DAL 1st (8-30)
- 2016 MIN 2nd
- 2016 DAL/MEM 2nd (more favorable)
- 2017 MIN 2nd

4.) Acquired Jae Crowder.

If accurate, pretty darn good by one of the best GM's in the biz...Always a step ahead of everybody else.
ainge is amazing and i saw none of this happening. this gives me even more hope going forward. if ainge can turn these piles of chicken Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. in chicken salad, what will he be able to do with all those draft picks?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2015, 11:41:01 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
Hey Roy,  so is this the updated moves via the Rondo trade ?  Got this on another board:

1.) Shaved nearly 10mil further below the tax (effectively turning Rondo's salary into Crowder's and Robinson's).

2.) Effectively turned the 5.3mil Bogans TPE and 3.8mil Anthony TPE into a 12.9mil Rondo TPE and a 5.0mil Wright TPE.

3.) Acquired the following picks (listed at most likely date/range of arrival):
- 2016 DAL 1st (8-30)
- 2016 MIN 2nd
- 2016 DAL/MEM 2nd (more favorable)
- 2017 MIN 2nd

4.) Acquired Jae Crowder.

If accurate, pretty darn good by one of the best GM's in the biz...Always a step ahead of everybody else.
ainge is amazing and i saw none of this happening. this gives me even more hope going forward. if ainge can turn these piles of chicken **** in chicken salad, what will he be able to do with all those draft picks?
I still say it's not etched in stone that Dallas makes the playoffs.  Looking at their box tonight, their starters are all logging heavy minutes and they're getting nothing off the bench.  One injury to a starter and they could be cooked in the West.

« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2015, 11:49:29 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Nate the great!!! :))))
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Re: Nate Robinson Coming Back
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2015, 11:49:56 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Wow. I can't believe Denver agreed to this.

Same here.  If Nate was such a cancer in the locker room, why not just buy him out instead of taking on another year of salary, most likely, in Nelson?

I went on the Real GM board to see if there was an explanation and a fan said they need someone to run the offense off the bench. I guess since they won't have any real cap room next year, his 3.5 doesn't matter to them. Still, I'm shocked that they deemed trading for Nelson to be their best option.

Re: Nate Robinson Coming Back
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2015, 12:30:49 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
Nelson had a player option next year.  We didn't want his money eating into our cap space.

Again, this is the same reason why I keep saying you shouldn't get too attached to Jae Crowder.  The main priority right now is maximizing our cap flexibility this summer... not locking up role players.

I lurk these boards religiously, and post very infrequently.

I have disagreed with you about Rondo and the state of the C's pretty much since the Nets trade, but honestly, so far, you have been pretty much on point with your predictions.

Kudos.

« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2015, 11:55:29 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Sam Amick
?@sam_amick
The Celtics have competed the buyout of Nate Robinson, I'm told, after he was traded from Denver yesterday.

So now we're free to trade Rivers for the two LAC expirings.

« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2015, 11:57:53 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Sam Amick
?@sam_amick
The Celtics have competed the buyout of Nate Robinson, I'm told, after he was traded from Denver yesterday.

So now we're free to trade Rivers for the two LAC expirings.

Hurray. Thank god Nelson is gone

Guessing rivers for cdr , udoh and 2nd

Thornton buyout next?

« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2015, 12:35:39 PM »

Offline fandrew

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 25
I think Danny will try to trade Thornton first before just buying him out. I think that Bass and Thornton will attempted to be traded by the deadline. If no trades happen than maybe a buyout for both so they could find new homes on their own. But it is also possible that Danny just lets their contracts expire. I think they will be traded though for a 2nd each and smaller expiring contracts that can just be buried on the bench. If we are lucky, maybe even get a young player on a rookie contract with good upside who is just buried on an already deep team.
"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care." - Peter Gibbons

« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2015, 01:58:09 PM »

Offline snowball

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
ainge is amazing

wake me up in 5+ years when the Celtics are a legitimate contender
for the East. "amazing".

« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2015, 02:32:28 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I could live with Nate ANY day over Nelson.   Nate was always fun and right winning attitude.

Nelson is poison .

« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2015, 02:46:46 PM »

Offline 33_Larry Legend_33

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 87
I could live with Nate ANY day over Nelson.   Nate was always fun and right winning attitude.

Nelson is poison .

Interesting... I just read the EXACT OPPOSITE the other day.  Denver had soured on Nate's poor attitude in the locker room.  And Nelson has always been viewed as a good teammate.  I live near Orlando and have for over 10 years, so I follow the Magic closely.  What you typed, respectfully speaking, couldn't be further from the truth regarding Nelson. 

The guy signed with Dallas thinking he'd be a part of a contending team.  To get Rondo, Dallas moves him - not his fault nor decision.  Can't blame him if he were a bit bummed by this.  So would you...  But to call him a "poison" - sorry, but that's unfair.

Look up any information on Nate in the last week or so, and you're more likely to read that Nate was a poison in Denver...