Author Topic: Report: Jameer for Nate Robinson; Nate to be bought out (merged)  (Read 18248 times)

Re: Nate Robinson Coming Back
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2015, 07:08:46 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Robinson is as tough as nails. 

Smart, Robinson and Crowder = CBS type of players

but overall a weird trade unless the celts pry a 2nd also somehow from this trade

It's not really that weird. Nelson has an option for next year, and makes more money. This way Boston saves money for both this and probably next year.

yeah but why not then just keep Rivers then

I don't know that I understand what Rivers has to do this trade.

exactly.  And how does this trade work. We are bundling Rivers with Nelson? I thought Rivers can only be traded individually

I'm glad Nelson will be gone.  This is a weird trade though

Rivers has nothing to do with this trade.  He has not yet been traded.  This is a straight-up Nelson-for-Robinson swap, no more, no less.  It's possible Robinson and Rivers could be packaged to LA, but pretty unlikely.

Both Rivers and Robinson could be sent to LA as a package for either two players who have salaries that match up with each individually, or for players making more, in which case a trade exception would be used to take the player coming back.  For instance, we could trade Rivers, Robinson, and Zeller for DeAndre Jordan, because Jordan fits into the Rondo exception.  We'd then get three small trade exceptions each for Rivers, Zeller, and Robinson.

I don't see the above happening, but it's was the most plausible example I could come up with.

We can't trade either of those players with other players right now and I can't remember how long it is b4 we can but it's probably longer than a team is willing to wait.

My bad. You said that lol. Preach on.

Dang, I need Hooked on Phonics... I read it a 3rd time and you didn't say it.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Re: Report: Jameer for Nate Robinson; Nate to be bought out (merged)
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2015, 07:11:25 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
(For those asking about Rivers)

Eric Pincus: Clippers are obviously still working towards adding Austin Rivers - they're trying to manage under very restrictive hard cap

Eric Pincus: I also hear the Clippers are looking to move Reggie Bullock out in a salary dump, to gain breathing room w/hard cap.

Jesus, Doc is a morbid general manager...
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2015, 07:14:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Eric Pincus: Clippers are obviously still working towards adding Austin Rivers - they're trying to manage under very restrictive hard cap

Eric Pincus: I also hear the Clippers are looking to move Reggie Bullock out in a salary dump, to gain breathing room w/hard cap.

Can bullock for rivers 1 on 1 trade work?? 

Bullock would be a decent addition

« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2015, 07:20:51 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

but overall a weird trade unless the celts pry a 2nd also somehow from this trade

It's not really that weird. Nelson has an option for next year, and makes more money. This way Boston saves money for both this and probably next year.

exactly.  And how does this trade work. We are bundling Rivers with Nelson? I thought Rivers can only be traded individually

Rivers has nothing to do with this trade.  He has not yet been traded.  This is a straight-up Nelson-for-Robinson swap, no more, no less.  It's possible Robinson and Rivers could be packaged to LA, but pretty unlikely.

Both Rivers and Robinson could be sent to LA as a package for either two players who have salaries that match up with each individually, or for players making more, in which case a trade exception would be used to take the player coming back.  For instance, we could trade Rivers, Robinson, and Zeller for DeAndre Jordan, because Jordan fits into the Rondo exception.  We'd then get three small trade exceptions each for Rivers, Zeller, and Robinson.

I don't see the above happening, but it's was the most plausible example I could come up with.

We can't trade either of those players with other players right now and I can't remember how long it is b4 we can but it's probably longer than a team is willing to wait.

I did say it.  The rule isn't that they can't be traded with other players, but that their salaries can't be aggregated together to match another player's.  So they can be traded in separate mini deals, or together in a trade where we use an exception to take back the other player's salary.

« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2015, 07:28:02 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Denver probably see something in Nelson. lol

Robinson has not been a very good fit with the Nuggets. Played much better with the Bulls

I think Nelson is a better PG too.

« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2015, 07:29:39 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Denver probably see something in Nelson. lol

Robinson has not been a very good fit with the Nuggets. Played much better with the Bulls

I think Nelson is a better PG too.

From a Nuggets fan...

A lot of the media guys that had access to the lockeroom were saying that he was a cancer. So I guess this is a move to bring in a vet and have stability.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2015, 07:31:03 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Is this true? If this is true, it's the greatest day in my life as a Celtic fan. I'd just like him attend one practice before the buyout. It'd be an exciting day to be a fan. Dude is a legend.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 07:49:31 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2015, 07:31:46 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The rule isn't that they can't be traded with other players, but that their salaries can't be aggregated together to match another player's.  So they can be traded in separate mini deals, or together in a trade where we use an exception to take back the other player's salary.

What's our current cap number, I wonder?  We've got to be fairly close to being below the cap, right?

I ask because that changes the rules regarding aggregation, to some degree.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2015, 07:33:55 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Hey Roy,  so is this the updated moves via the Rondo trade ?  Got this on another board:

1.) Shaved nearly 10mil further below the tax (effectively turning Rondo's salary into Crowder's and Robinson's).

2.) Effectively turned the 5.3mil Bogans TPE and 3.8mil Anthony TPE into a 12.9mil Rondo TPE and a 5.0mil Wright TPE.

3.) Acquired the following picks (listed at most likely date/range of arrival):
- 2016 DAL 1st (8-30)
- 2016 MIN 2nd
- 2016 DAL/MEM 2nd (more favorable)
- 2017 MIN 2nd

4.) Acquired Jae Crowder.

If accurate, pretty darn good by one of the best GM's in the biz...Always a step ahead of everybody else.

« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2015, 07:49:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Hey Roy,  so is this the updated moves via the Rondo trade ?  Got this on another board:

1.) Shaved nearly 10mil further below the tax (effectively turning Rondo's salary into Crowder's and Robinson's).

2.) Effectively turned the 5.3mil Bogans TPE and 3.8mil Anthony TPE into a 12.9mil Rondo TPE and a 5.0mil Wright TPE.

3.) Acquired the following picks (listed at most likely date/range of arrival):
- 2016 DAL 1st (8-30)
- 2016 MIN 2nd
- 2016 DAL/MEM 2nd (more favorable)
- 2017 MIN 2nd

4.) Acquired Jae Crowder.

If accurate, pretty darn good by one of the best GM's in the biz...Always a step ahead of everybody else.

If next Danny can somehow get Towns, he will be god

I would give up all of our 2015 picks and another 1st for Towns

« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2015, 08:01:16 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170

1. Celtics buy Nate out
2. Rivers to Clippers for Reggie Bullock + Ekpe Udoh
3. Nate signs with Clippers for vet min

That would work for both teams

« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2015, 11:06:06 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Wow. I can't believe Denver agreed to this.

Same here.  If Nate was such a cancer in the locker room, why not just buy him out instead of taking on another year of salary, most likely, in Nelson? 

« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2015, 11:11:38 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

1. Celtics buy Nate out
2. Rivers to Clippers for Reggie Bullock + Ekpe Udoh
3. Nate signs with Clippers for vet min

That would work for both teams

Except Bullock is not an expiring, which has been a priority/dealbreaker for Ainge since the initial reports of the Rivers to Clippers story.

Unless something has changed, a third team needs to step in to take Bullock.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2015, 11:30:58 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The rule isn't that they can't be traded with other players, but that their salaries can't be aggregated together to match another player's.  So they can be traded in separate mini deals, or together in a trade where we use an exception to take back the other player's salary.

What's our current cap number, I wonder?  We've got to be fairly close to being below the cap, right?

I ask because that changes the rules regarding aggregation, to some degree.

Not close, when you consider trade exceptions.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2015, 11:31:53 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

I did say it.  The rule isn't that they can't be traded with other players, but that their salaries can't be aggregated together to match another player's.  So they can be traded in separate mini deals, or together in a trade where we use an exception to take back the other player's salary.
good stuff as ever SL. i'm beginning to think you work for the nba.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva