Who would you trade our 2015 pick for?

Gobert
Favors
Noel
Embiid
Henson
Nuric
Dieng

Author Topic: Worst-Case Scenario for 2015 Draft  (Read 5638 times)

Worst-Case Scenario for 2015 Draft
« on: January 12, 2015, 11:42:32 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2931
So let's say that the lottery gods are not kind to us again, and our pick falls around the 4-8 range missing out on the can't-miss talents like Mudiay, Okafor, Towns, etc.

The players above all have either been in trade rumors or could probably (imo anyways) be had with a lottery pick in that range due to team needs, fit, injury, etc. Which of the above players, if any, would you trade our pick for this year if it falls into the 5-8 range, and which players are most realistic to get with our pick?

I'd have to say Gobert or Embiid would be my choice, because they both have tremendous upside when healthy. Overall, I'd probably trade Sully plus our 1st for a healthy Embiid.

Re: Worst-Case Scenario for 2015 Draft
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 01:02:04 PM »

Offline ScubaSteve

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Embiid by far has the most upside so I'd be happy trading our pick for him regardless of where it is in the draft.  But if we get a pick in the 5-8 range and none of the top centers are available, Noel would be a solid return if Danny does decide to deal the pick. The rest of the guys in the poll are all good young players with some upside but not worth a top 8 selection imo.

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 02:10:03 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Well I didn't feel this past year was an end all not getting a top three as I liked; Wiggens, Parker, Embid, Smart, Gordon, Exum, Vonleh, Randle, McBuckets, Staukas, Young, Harris. Yes in that order at draft time too.

This year I also like the top crop; Okafor, S.Johnson, Mudiay, Towns, Porzingis, Russell, WCS, D.Johnson, Turner, Obure, Winslow, Looney.

So basically no matter what a top ten pick nets a good prospect. Now if they develop quickly or at all is always the real question no one is can't miss ever.

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 02:15:14 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
depends where we end up.  considering our pick is likely top 4-5 and the only 2 players on that list I'd consider are Favors and Embiid.  thing is Favors is more of a 4/5 and looking for good money soon.  Embiid hasn't shown he's recovered yet.  depending who's available with our pick, I certainly wouldn't move it in advance of the draft

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 02:20:26 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Id go with Favors.

I think he is most likely to actually be traded say the Cs land the 4th and the Jazz the 8th I could see a Sully + 4 + clipper for Favors and 8th

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 03:53:30 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
depends where we end up.  considering our pick is likely top 4-5 and the only 2 players on that list I'd consider are Favors and Embiid.  thing is Favors is more of a 4/5 and looking for good money soon.  Embiid hasn't shown he's recovered yet.  depending who's available with our pick, I certainly wouldn't move it in advance of the draft

Yeah, I mean it obviously depends on a clean bill of health, but I'd probably trade any pick that couldn't get Okafor or Towns for Embid if he's healthy.

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 11:59:24 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
couple of other topics where this is spoken about in conjunction with, would you give up a couple of picks to move into philly's slot if the lotto gods are good to them? 

for instance, if they get one or two, would you give up your first and clips first to move up a couple of slots.  they may since they may like the noel/embid front court.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 12:20:58 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
couple of other topics where this is spoken about in conjunction with, would you give up a couple of picks to move into philly's slot if the lotto gods are good to them? 

for instance, if they get one or two, would you give up your first and clips first to move up a couple of slots.  they may since they may like the noel/embid front court.

It'd probably take more like three picks to get up there, because I've read they're really high on Okafor, which of course could mean they really like Mudiay. lol

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 12:25:18 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Would the Sixers even consider trading Embiid? It seems unlikely (though I would probably do it.)

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 12:54:31 PM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23
Worst Case? we make the playoffs

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 01:01:29 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

Favors isn't looking for a new contract; he signed an extension in 2013.

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 01:20:16 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
Jesus, can we stop it with the Favors posts??? Forsberg throws in a little line about him being a possible "target" and suddenly everybody thinks he's available. He's NOT available and the Jazz are NOT looking to take a step backward in their rebuild, which is what trading Favors for a 19 year old draftee would be. Besides, they already will have a perfectly fine first rounder of their own this season, why would they be desperate to have the Celtics' pick as well?

Forget about Gobert, forget about Favors, forget about Nurkic. Utah and Denver have no reason to deal them whatsoever.

I would not trade for Embiid until he actually can plays in some NBA games. If the Sixers are dangling him before he plays it would only be because they know he's damaged goods and want to get maximum trade value before he's exposed. Why would they sell low on him otherwise? If he's the real deal his value will be way higher in a few years as opposed to now when he's still an injury question mark.

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 01:29:22 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Would the Sixers even consider trading Embiid? It seems unlikely (though I would probably do it.)

i can see them trading Embiid if they like Noel better and realize the two wont work well together, and/or if they have concerns about Embiids long term health.

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 01:38:45 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Jesus, can we stop it with the Favors posts??? Forsberg throws in a little line about him being a possible "target" and suddenly everybody thinks he's available. He's NOT available and the Jazz are NOT looking to take a step backward in their rebuild, which is what trading Favors for a 19 year old draftee would be. Besides, they already will have a perfectly fine first rounder of their own this season, why would they be desperate to have the Celtics' pick as well?

Forget about Gobert, forget about Favors, forget about Nurkic. Utah and Denver have no reason to deal them whatsoever.

I would not trade for Embiid until he actually can plays in some NBA games. If the Sixers are dangling him before he plays it would only be because they know he's damaged goods and want to get maximum trade value before he's exposed. Why would they sell low on him otherwise? If he's the real deal his value will be way higher in a few years as opposed to now when he's still an injury question mark.

I would take a chance on Embiid if Philly dangles him. Too good of a prospect not to turn down. I could see Favors avalible if he doesn't mesh well with Gobert, though the chances are slim.

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 01:42:08 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
You had me at Embiid or Nurkic.

If Danny feels like he wont get an impact player in our draft position and would trade the pick, those two names should be on high priority list.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace