Author Topic: Your thoughts on this hypothetical situaton for 2015 offseason  (Read 1900 times)

Your thoughts on this hypothetical situaton for 2015 offseason
« on: January 12, 2015, 07:54:41 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
This is kind of out of left field,

Lets say the Cs fail to land a top 5 pick this draft are left picking in the wing loaded 5-8 range. How would people feel in DA made a move involving Sully, clips pick and a future protected first and possibly trading down if Cs have better pick then Utah for Favors? Then followed that up by making an all out (max deal) push for Monroe? This it not my ideal scenario but to me it seems plausible. The Cs would be sitting on a very talented 4 big rotation of Monroe, Favors, KO and Zeller of the 4 I would expect Zeller to be moved. With Monroe being only 24, Favors 23 and KO 23 the Cs would be set for bigs for years. I also think 3 three would compliment each other very nicely in high usage 3 man 4/5 rotation where on healthy nights a 4th big never sees the court. The Cs would still retian a lottery first this year and would likely get a good wing like Winslow from Duke or Russell the guard from Ohio. I think those two big man acquisitions along with growth from Smart, AB, Crowder 15 1st and Young could leave the Cs competing for the 8th seed while still holding alot of trade chips.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Your thoughts on this hypothetical situaton for 2015 offseason
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 08:48:35 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Danny finishes the cleaning house ...... Starts working on Wallace departure .  .... Reviews the progress and worth of his rookies .  Who can he use as trade bait.

Loads his gun for bear and begins the search for possible pairings of elites to bring in.

I think the tear down eases , the build up starts

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 10:01:57 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I think I would prefer Sully and our pick for Gobbert and their pick (assuming we have the higher pick and are trading down). I like Favors, but I'm enamored with Gobbert's potential. Plus, he's only in his second year of his rookie deal.

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 10:03:16 AM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
I like your idea CFAN.  I think Monroe is a legit center in the NBA.  He hasn't even hit his prime yet.  Most big men peak a little later (~ age 28-29) than guards and forwards.  I think he really is worth a max deal, especially if we can sign him now under the current CBA.  Because a max deal under this CBA will be significantly less than a max deal under the new CBA.

There's another important attribute of Greg that simply can't go unmentioned: durability.  He's played in 94% of the Pistons' games since he came into the league (344 out of a possible 363).  This is a super important factor that's often overlooked when considering a player's value.

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 10:04:40 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Lets say the Cs fail to land a top 5 pick this draft are left picking in the wing loaded 5-8 range. How would people feel in DA made a move involving Sully, clips pick and a future protected first and possibly trading down if Cs have better pick then Utah for Favors? Then followed that up by making an all out (max deal) push for Monroe? This it not my ideal scenario but to me it seems plausible. The Cs would be sitting on a very talented 4 big rotation of Monroe, Favors, KO and Zeller of the 4 I would expect Zeller to be moved. With Monroe being only 24, Favors 23 and KO 23 the Cs would be set for bigs for years. I also think 3 three would compliment each other very nicely in high usage 3 man 4/5 rotation where on healthy nights a 4th big never sees the court. The Cs would still retian a lottery first this year and would likely get a good wing like Winslow from Duke or Russell the guard from Ohio. I think those two big man acquisitions along with growth from Smart, AB, Crowder 15 1st and Young could leave the Cs competing for the 8th seed while still holding alot of trade chips.

cant really see it happening because Ainge appears defiant to land a superstar first before adding some 'maybe' AllStar caliber guys as fitting pieces.

I think the way he does this is via the drft and i think after taking so long to finally clearing Wallace's salary off the books, the last thing he'll want to do is wrap up big money over multiple years for some guys who have relaitvely underperformed so far in their NBA careers.

hope that makes sense but i like the creativity. I just thnk you add those guys once you have a kevin lve or Kevin garnett.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 11:13:08 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421

cant really see it happening because Ainge appears defiant to land a superstar first before adding some 'maybe' AllStar caliber guys as fitting pieces.

I think the way he does this is via the drft and i think after taking so long to finally clearing Wallace's salary off the books, the last thing he'll want to do is wrap up big money over multiple years for some guys who have relaitvely underperformed so far in their NBA careers.

hope that makes sense but i like the creativity. I just thnk you add those guys once you have a kevin lve or Kevin garnett.

I understand what you are saying but looking at what ATL is doing with Milsap and Horford I cant help but think a year or two from now Favors and Monroe could match or exceed their production. If things play-out well and Smart and AB become a good starting back-court the Cs are basically left with cap room and a ton of pick to add an allstar level SF. Maybe that stud SF is James Young, a 2015 pick (Johnson, Hezonja), or maybe a 2016 guy we get with Nets pick (J Brown, B Simmons)

This is my best case, 2 years from now in this hypothetical

PG  Smart (22yr old) 15pt 5rb 6ast all nba defender,
SG  AB      (26yr old) 13pt 3rb 2ast elite level defender
SF  VOID TO FILL
PF Monroe (26yr old) 18pt 10rb 2st focal point of offense
C  Favors   (25yr old) 16pt  9rb 1.5blk anchor on D

bench

Young (21yr old) 12pt 3rb 1ast backup 3/2 comes in to score JR Smith mold
KO      (25yr old) 12pt 6rb 2ast backup 4/5 would play 28+mpg

I really like the mix of offense and defense that team could have.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet