Author Topic: Bos/Cha idea  (Read 2282 times)

Bos/Cha idea
« on: January 11, 2015, 06:03:36 PM »

Offline Deezzyy

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
Boston out: Turner, Bass, Thornton clips 15, cavs 16
Boston in: Stephenson,Biyombo, Hairston

Why Boston: whether you like him or not Stephenson is an electric player who does not fit in Charlotte and gives us a go to scorer, a lockdown defender, and a playmaker. We also get two young and interesting prospects in Biyombo and Hairston. This move also opens up a lot of developmental time for players like Marcus Smart and James Young. It also allows us to move Bradley or move him to the bench as a great 6th man.
starting lineup of
Smart
Stephenson
Crowder
Sully
Zeller

Re: Bos/Cha idea
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 07:02:52 PM »

Offline sjosephe

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
I think your giving up way to much and your taking on not one but two players w/ issues on or off the court. Also I think Biyombo is redundant w/ Sully (another undersized big even if he is good rim protector, and he is a restricted FA this yr.

Stephenson's trade value is so low i'd do something like

use Rondo's TPE (9.0 TPE and maybe the Clippers 1st for Stephenson and Charlotte's 1st this yr. and a future 2nd)

or send Thornton or Prince expiring contract for Stephenson and swap Clips 1st with Charlotte's 1st this yr. and a future 2nd

I think either would be a good deal for Charlotte b/c they could get rid of Stephenson and get 9 million TPE and 9m in cap space for next yr. to try to bring in someone to go along with Jefferson so he doesn't opt out and leave what could be a still rebuilding team.

And the return of course for us would be to move up in the draft from our Clips pick and if Stephenson plays well for us we could turn him into more pick(s) and or asset(s) next yr. or dare i say even keep him.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 08:24:29 PM by sjosephe »

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 08:13:24 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
You act as if we are still trying to win this year, when they traded Green it was over, perhaps even when they traded Rondo.  This has zero chance of happening.

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 08:33:49 PM »

Offline sjosephe

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
You act as if we are still trying to win this year, when they traded Green it was over, perhaps even when they traded Rondo.  This has zero chance of happening.

I'm not sure how you think either of our trade ideas are a win now trade?

What makes you say it wouldn't happen?

If your gonna troll someone's idea's I think you should take a minute to explain why you think that or come up with an alternate trade idea. It's not like any of us are Danny and we are asking you to do his job for him, we are just having fun with what if's...

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 09:02:45 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56

Why Boston: whether you like him or not Stephenson is an electric player who does not fit in Charlotte and gives us a go to scorer, a lockdown defender, and a playmaker. We also get two young and interesting prospects in Biyombo and Hairston. This move also opens up a lot of developmental time for players like Marcus Smart and James Young. It also allows us to move Bradley or move him to the bench as a great 6th man.
starting lineup of
Smart
Stephenson
Crowder
Sully
Zeller
How about something a little simpler: Bradley and Pressey for Stephenson. This gets Bradley off the books now instead of the summer of 2018. Next year, Stephenson is basically an expiring contract as 2016-2017 is a team option year so if he is a problem we can just let him go. The summer of 2016 we either have Stephenson performing at a high level or an incredible amount of cap space.

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 02:20:59 AM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7

starting lineup of
Smart
Stephenson
Crowder
Sully
Zeller

Love lance, and think the trade is realistic but probably too much given on our end.  Also dont have interest in Hairston or Biyombo.  How about....
Boston out: Turner, Thornton clips 15
Boston in: Stephenson, (try for Vonleh) cap filler

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 03:41:14 AM »

Offline heldthemhanging

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
Sorry, wrong post.

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 12:56:18 PM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens