Author Topic: 2015 Philly/Boston Draft Deal  (Read 5776 times)

Re: 2015 Philly/Boston Draft Deal
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2015, 10:15:09 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Would give any draft pick we receive for embiid, but no possibility whatsoever Phili would be willing to move embiid.  Would consider (most likely would but would have to know where our pick falls) move our first for Noel.

You mean, you would swap picks with Philly to get Embiid right??  Straight up #1 or #2 pick for Embiid is bad move.   

Swapping picks with Philly giving us Embiid and say the #4 or #5 picks would be worth thinking about.  Philly may require us to include the clippers pick as well.
Greg

Re: 2015 Philly/Boston Draft Deal
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 12:38:20 AM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
Would give any draft pick we receive for embiid, but no possibility whatsoever Phili would be willing to move embiid.  Would consider (most likely would but would have to know where our pick falls) move our first for Noel.

You mean, you would swap picks with Philly to get Embiid right??  Straight up #1 or #2 pick for Embiid is bad move.   

Swapping picks with Philly giving us Embiid and say the #4 or #5 picks would be worth thinking about.  Philly may require us to include the clippers pick as well.

No.  As long as we dont get the first pick, I would trade 2 and above for embiid.  I said any pick because the only way embiid would even be argued to be available is if Phili gets Okafor.  Embiid would be the far better prospect between townes and noel.  The only argument you can make for Phili trading Embiid after getting Okafor, is because you have that franchise center already (and embiid is a franchise center as well) why take the gamble on embiids health when you can take the safer (and still extremly talented) noel.  Noel and Okafor would look really good together.  But still I don't believe there is any likelihood Phili would consider moving Embiid.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 01:15:07 AM by bmac934 »