Author Topic: Latest Green deal proposal has us getting Salmons and Prince  (Read 17078 times)

Re: Latest Green deal proposal has us getting Salmons and Prince
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2015, 04:02:56 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Rivers is a combo guard (starting to see a theme here). He's probably one of those kids who could have used some more seasoning before entering the draft. He seemed like a pretty solid scorer in his Freshman year at Duke. He hasn't exactly panned out in the NBA so far though.

That being said, he's only 22. If people here hung on to the hope that Rondo would take a leap at the age of 29, I don't see why it's so far fetched for a 22 year old to do so. Not saying g he'll turn into a star but there is potential there. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery/new system. I'm interested to see how he fits CBS' offensive system w/all the pick n rolls, etc.

Overall, Rivers seems like a low risk, high reward type of gamble. It's not like the C's are going anywhere this year so might as well see what happens. Maybe they'll get lucky for once.
Gerald Green got written off, right?  Etoine Moore, when he was here, looked like he'd never stay in the league, so it does happen.
Exactly my point. We don't really lose anything. If he stinks, he probably helps with getting a better lottery pick this year and then we don't pick up his QO. If he actually shows signs of improvement, we may have found a solid player for CBS' system. I'd rather see Rivers play than Pressey or the corpse of a Jon Salmons type player. For Christ' sake, CBS made Jordan freaking Crawford and Evan Turner into efficient players during their time here!
ha, good points. so rivers has a least a CHANCE of improving while a celtic. heck, if CBS make chicken sandwiches out of those two, then it is worth a roll of the dice on rivers.

i guess maybe this is one of the reasons ainge hired CBS. he saw the celtics taking on a lot of young talent and wanted a coach to make more chicken sandwiches for the team.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2015, 04:05:25 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Prince, Wallace and Nelson will have some interesting conversations on the end of the bench about how they all ended up in "end of your career purgatory".  No longer players, just dollar based place holders.  Kind of an indignant way for guys to close out their careers, but the money they make doesn't necessarily convince them to walk away from the game.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 04:13:29 PM by Redz »
Yup

« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2015, 04:08:39 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Prince, Wallace and Thornton will have some interesting conversations on the end of the bench about how they all ended up in "end of your career purgatory".  No longer players, just dollar based place holders.  Kind of an indignant way for guys to close out their careers, but the money they make doesn't necessarily convince them to walk away from the game.

He's actually only 27. Just looks much older.

« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2015, 04:13:13 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Prince, Wallace and Thornton will have some interesting conversations on the end of the bench about how they all ended up in "end of your career purgatory".  No longer players, just dollar based place holders.  Kind of an indignant way for guys to close out their careers, but the money they make doesn't necessarily convince them to walk away from the game.

meant to say Nelson

(thanks for the catch  ;) )
Yup

« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2015, 04:13:34 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
CBS made Jordan freaking Crawford and Evan Turner into efficient players during their time here!

I wouldn't call either particularly efficient.  Turner has a .480 EFG%; Crawford's was worse (and improved when traded to the Warriors).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2015, 04:32:07 PM »

Offline sjosephe

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
Considering we can't trade Salmons or Prince (correct me if I'm wrong) this year I'm pretty certain they will be waived almost instantly.

We can trade them, just like we moved Wright.  We just can't move them in combination with other players (that's the simple version).

We could turn around and send Prince to someone, Example- Charlotte for Stevenson (not saying do this trade) just saying we can get someone else's junk and maybe get another pick or player(s) for taking him off there hands, then if he played well we could turn around and sell him  in the off season or next yr. and maybe get another return for him out of it.

« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2015, 04:35:48 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
This is a KILLER deal now that you consider we get a 1st AND Rivers.

Rivers is someone I believe we could get another pick out of.

« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2015, 04:37:02 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346

Dude needs to just come home and go bald.

« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2015, 04:42:28 PM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Now I'm seeing Austin Rivers to be included. interesting. I don't hate that idea.

« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2015, 04:45:00 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I'd think salmons or prince could give a playoff team depth and then can be had for beans
or i'd think they'd be cool hanging with nelson, wallace and tommy drinking miller lite at the end of the bench  ;D

« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2015, 04:46:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Are you SURE we still get a first?  ???

« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2015, 04:52:01 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Rivers is about as valuable as Fab Melo.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2015, 04:58:24 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

Gerald Green got written off, right?  Etoine Moore, when he was here, looked like he'd never stay in the league, so it does happen.
[/quote]

To my memory, E'Twaun Moore had some good moments with non steady playing time. What is most memorable are some big 4th quarter 3 pts baskets in the 5th game of the playoffs with Miami.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 05:11:32 PM by alley oop »

« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2015, 05:10:11 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Rivers is about as valuable as Fab Melo.

I think that's fair.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2015, 05:25:25 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Mark Murphy ?@Murf56 
Source: Austin Rivers may be part of Green 3-team deal, but he's not headed to Celtics - http://tinyurl.com/n7m4fhe