Author Topic: Latest Green deal proposal has us getting Salmons and Prince  (Read 17037 times)

Re: Latest Green deal proposal has us getting Salmons and Prince
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2015, 01:48:15 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Mark Murphy: Saw a very happy Jeff Green heading to his gate for a flight to Boston at 5:30 a.m. Gave us a big "good morning." Think he likes this trade? Twitter @Murf56

Going from one of the league's worst to one of the league's best is pretty exciting. Not to mention Green is best friends with Courtney Lee.

Re: Latest Green deal proposal has us getting Salmons, not Prince
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2015, 01:51:29 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
My understanding is we are getting both Salmons and Prince. Am I wrong here?

Not wrong. And I don't get it unless they're both going to bought out immediately (waiving them makes no sense because we'd be paying them full salaries). I'm terrified that Stevens will play these guys heavy minutes, like Doc always used to, rather than accepting our fate of huge losses in favor of young players getting extended minutes.

Salmons probably won't even be asked to report, if he isn't immediately bought out.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2015, 01:56:25 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Not wrong. And I don't get it unless they're both going to bought out immediately (waiving them makes no sense because we'd be paying them full salaries). I'm terrified that Stevens will play these guys heavy minutes, like Doc always used to, rather than accepting our fate of huge losses in favor of young players getting extended minutes.

Salmons probably won't even be asked to report, if he isn't immediately bought out.
a real question for cb. i have seen a number of posters urge ainge to "buy out" contracts. what advantage does this give to the team? are there substantial savings to be had? are the celtics to fill out their roster with other players from some place?

i am not sure how such buy outs out directly help the celtics.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2015, 01:56:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I rather bring in Salmons vs Prince.   Maybe there is a way to trade Prince to the cavs for a 2nd lol

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2015, 02:07:49 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Prince was washed up when we beat Detroit in the 2008 ECF.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2015, 02:14:07 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Love how people talk about the merits of these player like they're anything other that salary match. Any one of us could be on the other side of that contract and Ainge wouldn't care.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2015, 02:19:05 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Considering we can't trade Salmons or Prince (correct me if I'm wrong) this year I'm pretty certain they will be waived almost instantly.

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2015, 02:20:13 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Why Salmons though? Of course I knew about the trade for Prince. But how does Danny agreeing to add Salmons into the deal make any sense?

Who cares, they'll be waived either way.
The trade is about the pick.

Another pick?? After we just got one for Wright? Not bad
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2015, 02:26:46 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Considering we can't trade Salmons or Prince (correct me if I'm wrong) this year I'm pretty certain they will be waived almost instantly.

We can trade them, just like we moved Wright.  We just can't move them in combination with other players (that's the simple version).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2015, 02:40:09 PM »

Offline nacceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
@ESPNSteinLine  29s29 seconds ago
ESPN sources say New Orleans is poised to join Memphis/Boston deal for Jeff Green ... with Austin Rivers going to Celts

Finally...Austin Rivers looks like he'll actually be in green after 3,000 rumors the past three years.

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2015, 02:42:34 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
ESPN sources say New Orleans is poised to join Memphis/Boston deal for Jeff Green ... with Austin Rivers going to Celts

Finally...Austin Rivers looks like he'll actually be in green after 3,000 rumors the past three years.
Lol Awesome

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2015, 02:44:07 PM »

Offline nacceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
@ESPNSteinLine  20s21 seconds ago
Remains to be seen if deal is pushed through today or if it waits until league office opens Monday. But the three teams have agreed to terms

Rivers is shooting 39% from the field & 28% from three...So, his biggest perceived talent coming out of Duke is a big time weakness so far this season.

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2015, 02:44:48 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

you're kidding me. the celtics may actually also get a living, breathing, non-ancient, non-sucky player in this deal? rivers is not good, but he is young....worth at least another 2nd rounder.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2015, 02:45:16 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I hope we aren't getting Rivers INSTEAD of the pick.   Probably not, but Steins' last couple tweets seem to leave out the part about the pick.

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2015, 02:45:46 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Wow, really? That is pretty crazy. This is all CB ever wanted from 2010-2012.