Author Topic: Stein: Celtics/Grizzlies talks heating up over Green  (Read 13668 times)

Re: Stein: Celtics/Grizzlies talks heating up over Green
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2015, 05:05:49 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I am hoping for Jordan Adams.
Yeah, only decent thing that Memphis could send us that'd make sense.

I think future draft compensation makes more sense than Adams.  I'd rather wait until 2019 for a pick.

I think I agree.

Who knows where MEM will be 4 years from now.

I don't think a 5 month rental of Jeff Green warrants a far into the future first round pick.

Maybe it's heavily protected. Say top 23 protected for a few years then turns into a 2nd round pick if Memphis has higher picks than that.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Frankly, I think Jordan Adams is about as good a prospect as you can expect to get with a late first rounder so I am happy to take him instead of uncertainty of late first rounder.

It shouldn't be heavily protected.  Jeff Green's Bird rights are worth more than zilch, and if he'd fit great on Memphis now, he would next year too.

If it's a Green for a distant first (2018 or later), I bet that pick has no more than top-5 protection on it.

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2015, 05:06:37 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Reading that the Celtics and Jameer are negotiating a buy out.

no surprise, expect  Bass to be moved and Thorton to be bought out too . Our roster by the deadline

PG: Turner       / Pressey
SG: Smart        / Young
SF: Crowder    / Wallace
PF: Sully          / KO
 C: Zellar         /  ?

I would start James Young instead of Smart. No long distance shooting with perimeter trio of Turner, Smart, Crowder. Need a shooter in there.

Edit: Ohh, Bradley. Bradley will start at SG.Jacking up shots. My guess is James Young will be backup SF behind Jae Crowder.

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2015, 05:07:32 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Read that the Celtics and Jameer are possibly negotiating a buy out earlier today

From the CSN Washington guy?  He's just tossing out potential buyout names. I bet nothing is imminent with Jameer. 

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2015, 05:07:34 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

no surprise, expect  Bass to be moved and Thorton to be bought out too . Our roster by the deadline

This will only happen if Prince is physically unable to take the floor. Otherwise expect him to start.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2015, 05:08:44 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I am hoping for Jordan Adams.
Yeah, only decent thing that Memphis could send us that'd make sense.

I think future draft compensation makes more sense than Adams.  I'd rather wait until 2019 for a pick.

I think I agree.

Who knows where MEM will be 4 years from now.

I don't think a 5 month rental of Jeff Green warrants a far into the future first round pick.

Maybe it's heavily protected. Say top 23 protected for a few years then turns into a 2nd round pick if Memphis has higher picks than that.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Frankly, I think Jordan Adams is about as good a prospect as you can expect to get with a late first rounder so I am happy to take him instead of uncertainty of late first rounder.

It shouldn't be heavily protected.  Jeff Green's Bird rights are worth more than zilch, and if he'd fit great on Memphis now, he would next year too.

If it's a Green for a distant first (2018 or later), I bet that pick has no more than top-5 protection on it.

Trades like that remind me of the Grizzlies giving up a distant future first round pick for Otis Thorpe ... with that pick becoming the #2 overall pick in one of the most loaded drafts (2003) of All-Time.

Seems foolish to give up a pick so far down the road without heavy protection on it.

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2015, 05:08:44 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

I would start James Young instead of Smart. No long distance shooting with perimeter trio of Turner, Smart, Crowder. Need a shooter in there.

Edit: Ohh, Bradley. Bradley will start at SG.Jacking up shots. My guess is James Young will be backup SF behind Jae Crowder.

you're right , I keep forgetting about being stuck with Bradley ughhhhhh

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2015, 05:08:45 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I just hope someone puts a padlock on Sully's fridge if Jeff gets traded.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2015, 05:09:32 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

This will only happen if Prince is physically unable to take the floor. Otherwise expect him to start.

Buy him out and let the Clippers have him.

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2015, 05:09:57 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Read that the Celtics and Jameer are possibly negotiating a buy out earlier today

From the CSN Washington guy?  He's just tossing out potential buyout names. I bet nothing is imminent with Jameer.

Yeah, but I'm betting the groundwork has been laid if Ainge has to make a roster spot.

I have a feeling he (and should) value Pressey more than Jameer.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2015, 05:13:12 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Yeah, but I'm betting the groundwork has been laid if Ainge has to make a roster spot.

Pressey is garbage.  He's only valuable in the sense that he helps us lose games.

Jameer will be bought out if we don't find a way to get pick value out of him.  His veteran presence is a waste on this team.

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2015, 05:15:00 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Pressey is garbage.  He's only valuable in the sense that he helps us lose games.

Jameer will be bought out if we don't find a way to get pick value out of him.  His veteran presence is a waste on this team.

Its simpler than you're making it.

Phil Pressey. ..Jameer Nelson. Pick one to keep for this team.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2015, 05:16:11 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I'll guess prince and a 2nd rounder

It would already be done if that was the price.

I'm assuming Ainge values Green more than you.

Agreed. A second rounder is virtually no compensation at all. It would be only for the sake of doing Memphis and Green a favor.

The Celtics and Grizzlies, sources said, have been exchanging trade proposals on Green for some time, with Memphis believed to be offering the $7.7 million expiring contract of Tayshaun Prince and a future first-round pick to Boston in exchange for Green.
If the Griz were offering a future 1st round pick, I have to imagine this would be done.

Green is gone for the first team that offers a protected future 1st.  Maybe Ainge is trying to squeeze another one out of them... but I think he's prepared to move Green for an expiring and 2nd.  He's gotta be careful he doesn't blow an opportunity to get a 1st for Green by asking for too much and seeing Memphis go elsewhere leaving Boston holding the bag. 

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2015, 05:16:27 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52

Pressey is the best Point Guard for this team currently. No way he's moved.

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2015, 05:17:20 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Its simpler than you're making it.

Phil Pressey. ..Jameer Nelson. Pick one to keep for this team.
Neither.  I'd rather Pressey get minutes, because he helps us lose.  He'll probably be out of the league before Nelson retires.

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2015, 05:18:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Pressey is the best Point Guard for this team currently. No way he's moved.
Pressey would struggle to get minutes in the D-League.  He's horrible.  If he's still in the NBA in 3 years, I'll be shocked.