Author Topic: How crazy are the Kings? (trade idea)  (Read 708 times)

How crazy are the Kings? (trade idea)
« on: January 09, 2015, 11:35:35 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Kings are currently 15-20 and 7 games back from the 8th seed in the west with OKC likely to push for that spot as the season goes on. A sensible move would be to hold pat and not risk any future assets to win more games this season.

So fare this season sensibility has not been in style in Sacramento. So with that in mind here is my trade idea

Cs get D Williams, Stauskas, 2018 Loto protected 1st

Kings get Green, Wright and wash 2015 2nd

This would actually be two separate trades. Wright for future 1st (using their TPE) then Green + 2nd for Williams and Stauskas

Why it works

Celtics, showed interested in Stauskas during the draft process. He hasn't done much as a rookie but is a young skilled guy who was the 8th pick. He has a nice complementary skill set and could work nicely down the road with Smart. Williams is an expiring deal who may find a 4th big role if bass is moved.

Kings, its a crazy move to try to make the playoffs. Wright should compliment Cousins and Thompson well and could either start at the 4 or come off the bench and back up 4 and 5. Green is a less perfect fit but could be a stud as a high usage 6th man. Could also see them finishing games with Green and Gay at Forwards creating great spacing.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: How crazy are the Kings? (trade idea)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 11:51:13 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I wouldn't call that a crazy move in the least.  In fact, I'd say it's a sensible trade proposal.

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 11:53:46 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I wouldn't call that a crazy move in the least.  In fact, I'd say it's a sensible trade proposal.

What makes it crazy is the fact that its win now in a season that (baring other teams injuries) they are not likely to make playoffs.

Cs could also include Turner if they like him over Sessions or McCullum as secondary ball handler to collison.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 12:06:59 PM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 12:00:00 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Yeah, it's win now, but at no real cost -- they get rid of an underwhelming rookie player and lose out on the chance to draft a likely role player a couple of years from now.  At the same time, they get more front court depth and could try a funky Gay-Green-Cousins starting lineup for their desired faster pace games.