Author Topic: Traded Player Exceptions TPE  (Read 627 times)

Traded Player Exceptions TPE
« on: January 09, 2015, 11:13:10 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I thought this may be an appropriate time with the news of Wright being on the trade block to create a list of teams with sizable (4mill +) TPE per trade machine. Left out the Cs monster 12.9mill

Kings 5.8mill
Minn 6.3mill , 4.7mill
Lakers 4.8mill
Denver 4.6 mill
Wash 4.3 mill
Raptors 3.4mill
Knicks 5.9mill, 3.6mill
Pacers 4.2mill
Nets 3.3mill

Its my understanding that these TPE's can be fuly or partially used to take on a players salary and can not be combined with other TPE's.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Traded Player Exceptions TPE
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 11:43:32 AM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
I thought this may be an appropriate time with the news of Wright being on the trade block to create a list of teams with sizable (4mill +) TPE per trade machine. Left out the Cs monster 12.9mill

Kings 5.8mill
Minn 6.3mill , 4.7mill
Lakers 4.8mill
Denver 4.6 mill
Wash 4.3 mill
Raptors 3.4mill
Knicks 5.9mill, 3.6mill
Pacers 4.2mill
Nets 3.3mill

Its my understanding that these TPE's can be fuly or partially used to take on a players salary and can not be combined with other TPE's.
I misunderstood TPE's for a long time, but I think I'm getting a handle on it.  Here's a simple summary of  what I've learned in case it helps anybody.

• Teams that are under the salary cap may make trades freely, so long as they remain under when the trade is complete.
  • Teams that are over the salary cap may not make trades without using an exception.
  • In order to acquire a player, a team must have a single exception that is larger than the incoming salary.  Exceptions cannot be combined to acquire a single player.
  • Multiple exceptions can be used to acquire multiple players, where exception 1 is used for player 1 and exception 2 is used for player 2, and so on.
  • Traded Player Exceptions do not allow teams to bypass any of the financial restrictions that would normally apply.  Trades must still meet all salary matching requirements described below.