Author Topic: Jeff Green to Clippers Chatter  (Read 12081 times)

deandre jordan
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2015, 11:47:22 AM »

Offline ForexPirate

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 19
the only way I trade green to clippers is if I can get Jordan.  other than that they have nothing I need and what they have will only delay my re-build.

I would get Jordan and convince him to stay after this year. max him out and rebuild around him.

Re: Jeff Green to Clippers Chatter
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2015, 11:57:41 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I not so sure Jeff Green wants to be traded.  There is more to a person their one skill set.  I lived long enough to understand .....humans are complex and don't all act like clones.....just take Sanders as the latest case.  Humans can be unpredictable .

He is not your typical self worth ego crazy ...CP3 type player who chases the CA sunshine, media and likes to be center of attention..

Jeff is smart and realizes he has a good situation with good bosses and is comfortable , and frankly has the calm attitude to cone off he bench and not complain when his skill declines.

He loves Georgetown , has tons of friends .....he actually likes the east coast ..it's home .....like Ohio is for LeBron.

I would not be surprised to see him ask to be retained If a suitable deal can be had.

Not everybody chases rings.  Like Henderson on Hornets,  some folks don't like to move.

I suspect he would like to be on the Wizards , if he can' t stay on the Celtics.

Jeff knows a good thing .  He is smart and may want a FO job , like a fellow I know from the Suns , Mark West......a very smart man and very much like Jeff.

I think Jeff really dreads leaving .

A friendly contract could benefit both partied and SHOW Boston is a place players want to stay ...

On another team ...like Clippers ..he'll be used up and cast aside in a couple years , off somewhere he doesn't want to be .....maybe in a bad situation away from his family .

Could be worth taking less ..to be happy.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 12:06:32 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2015, 12:00:24 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Green literally said, "I do not want to be traded".

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2015, 12:03:02 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
To be fair, Rondo also said he wanted to retire a Celtic and then it came out from one of his closest friends that he privately expressed his willingness to leave.

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2015, 12:07:42 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
To be fair, Rondo also said he wanted to retire a Celtic and then it came out from one of his closest friends that he privately expressed his willingness to leave.

Jackie M. also had the story months ago. For a player to say that he wants to be traded is really burning bridges, as it makes it harder for his team to get full value for him. Any good soldier, when asked, will speak positively about wanting to be on the team.

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2015, 12:25:54 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff

Jackie M. also had the story months ago. For a player to say that he wants to be traded is really burning bridges, as it makes it harder for his team to get full value for him. Any good soldier, when asked, will speak positively about wanting to be on the team.

You mean that "disrespectful wench" Jackie M. who's clearly "losing it"?  ;D

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2015, 12:30:24 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

You mean that "disrespectful wench" Jackie M. who's clearly "losing it"?  ;D

Off-topic, but what's the deal with the "disrespectful wench" thing?  It gets quoted whenever Jackie M is brought up but Google only shows links to those same CB quotes.

EDIT:  Thanks, poster didn't use her full name, probably why I could never find it.  Mystery solved I suppose. 
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 01:11:35 PM by foulweatherfan »

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2015, 12:37:54 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff