Author Topic: Jeff Green to Clippers Chatter  (Read 12082 times)

Re: Jeff Green to Clippers Chatter
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2015, 05:14:37 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
It would be counterproductive to improve the Clippers this year just to do it.

This. No way the Celtics make that pick they got from the Clippers for Doc worse. I guarantee you the one place Jeff Green isn't getting traded to is the Clips.

Funny enough though he would be their last piece of the puzzle.

I guess it's nice people think Green would improve the Clips.

Green > Matt Barnes

Mike

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2015, 05:30:59 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Yeah Jeff Green would be a great pickup for them, actually.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2015, 05:49:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Reggie bullock and a 2nd. Or wilcox and a 2nd. Thats the most they will give up for green.

Bullock is a tough player, good defender, decent shooter. Wilcox has a pure shooting stroke but kind of passive.   I would take bullock

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2015, 05:56:12 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Reggie bullock and a 2nd. Or wilcox and a 2nd. Thats the most they will give up for green.

Bullock is a tough player, good defender, decent shooter. Wilcox has a pure shooting stroke but kind of passive.   I would take bullock
Have to get creative with a 3rd team to make a deal like that work.  Money isn't close.

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2015, 06:05:50 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I think there's a useful player out there we can trade him for. A crappy 2nd round pick doesn't do it for me, but I suppose, like Rondo, if we're just giving away good players for essentially nothing perhaps it's better to get something rather than nothing.

With all these draft picks, we'll be luck to have a couple turn out as good as Rondo and Green are right now (in their prime with 3-5 quality years left). Danny's strategy just pains me right now. Doesn't feel very productive.

I found myself wondering today whether in three years we'll be talking about getting back a couple of 2nd rounders as an acceptable return for KO or Sully.
its a good point because in the time line the chances of the celtics being a playoff team are slim and both those guys rookie contracts will be up so we'll need to resign them against other teams, let them walk or trade them for .50 on the dollar

also green is better than a lot of sf in the nba, he'll improve a good amount of playoff bound teams as a starter

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2015, 06:10:33 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Green would be a very difficult fit for salary cap purposes for the Clippers.  They are above the luxury tax and pushing the hard cap.  They're also short on expirings.  Hawes and Barnes, as was mentioned, fits, but I'm not sure Spencer Hawes fits Danny's plan of not taking on salary for next year - he's got two more guaranteed years and a player option after that.  And he's got a 15% trade kicker to boot.  Barnes is guaranteed a million by himself.  They're also short on first-round picks, since they can't trade one until I believe 2019 (which is sort of like Memphis' situation, except Memphis isn't sending back about $20 million in future salary obligations).

Hoenstly, the only thing that the Clips can offer to make sense from the Celtics perspective is Deandre Jordan.  I don't think that happens, but there is no way Jeff Green winds up in LA without a third team getting involved.

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2015, 06:24:25 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
A third team would be needed. Clips don't fit well as a trade party, since the Cs don't want to add salary.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2015, 06:47:11 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Why are any of you trying to figure out how we help them?  They aren't even a lock for the playoffs,  I'm sure they will get in but WE HAVE AN UNPROTECTED FIRST!!! I for one,  don't want to make that pick worse just to get rid of Green!!!!!! You have to really hate Green for this to make sense. Yes,  Green absolutely makes them better, how is that a serious question?
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2015, 06:50:53 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I'm hearing Jeff Green to the Clippers, per chatter.
Are you saying that the chatter isn't a reliable source?  Maybe the chatter was misquoted.

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2015, 06:54:16 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
There's some chatter about Green going to the Clippers to improve their wing scoring.  Seeing that we own their first this year, probably going to have to be for players.  Hawes and Barnes???

I'm hearing Jeff Green to the Clippers, per chatter.

I now have multiple sources that Jeff Green might end up a Clipper.

"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2015, 06:57:30 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
With the amount of knowledge some posters have about teams and league rules in general, I wonder if someone here would be as successful of a GM as some of the others out there. Not being facetious.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2015, 06:58:31 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Time to use Danny's connections with Doc to pull off a trade for Chris Paul  ;D

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2015, 08:21:04 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Green would be a very difficult fit for salary cap purposes for the Clippers.  They are above the luxury tax and pushing the hard cap.  They're also short on expirings.  Hawes and Barnes, as was mentioned, fits, but I'm not sure Spencer Hawes fits Danny's plan of not taking on salary for next year - he's got two more guaranteed years and a player option after that.  And he's got a 15% trade kicker to boot.  Barnes is guaranteed a million by himself.  They're also short on first-round picks, since they can't trade one until I believe 2019 (which is sort of like Memphis' situation, except Memphis isn't sending back about $20 million in future salary obligations).

Hoenstly, the only thing that the Clips can offer to make sense from the Celtics perspective is Deandre Jordan.  I don't think that happens, but there is no way Jeff Green winds up in LA without a third team getting involved.

Well the Clips were willing to give the C's Jordan when KG was involved in the Doc trade, but the Clips blew that one for us. It's the only player I think DA would go for on the Clips. And anything of the garbage they throw, DA could do better, at least get a late 1st rounder in this years draft from an other team is worth more than garbage players or expiring contracts.

Green,Zeller, Sully or KO for Jordan would work money wise. Gives the Clips an okay Center, but an upgrade at the SF and back up  PF.

But well probably end up with Big Baby and Turkeyglue.....

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2015, 08:23:50 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Why are any of you trying to figure out how we help them?  They aren't even a lock for the playoffs,  I'm sure they will get in but WE HAVE AN UNPROTECTED FIRST!!! I for one,  don't want to make that pick worse just to get rid of Green!!!!!! You have to really hate Green for this to make sense. Yes,  Green absolutely makes them better, how is that a serious question?

Agree 100%.

Following that same line of thinking, trading Green to an Eastern Conference team that is below us in the standings  (Pistons, I'm looking at you, and they would absolutely want him since he's Monroe's Hoya buddy and they have no good 3) to improve our draft position makes a lot more sense than screwing ourselves here by 1. helping the Clips get a worse draft position and 2. selling short on him for corpses mentioned and 2 2nd round picks between 50-60. 

Sickening.

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2015, 08:55:34 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

For me we have to move Jeff Green above all other goals/missions. Particularly if it's the only deal we can get for Jeff Green, we have to take it.

My feelings are that it's more important to make our team suck as much as possible, rather than give the Clippers 3 or 4 more wins.

Question:
Would you rather 3rd worst this season and have the Clippers finish with the 24th pick, or have the Celtics finish 5th worst and have the Clippers with the 21st pick?

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.