Author Topic: Jeff Green to Clippers Chatter  (Read 12054 times)

Jeff Green to Clippers Chatter
« on: January 08, 2015, 04:30:14 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
There's some chatter about Green going to the Clippers to improve their wing scoring.  Seeing that we own their first this year, probably going to have to be for players.  Hawes and Barnes???
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Re: Jeff Green to Clippers Chatter
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 04:32:27 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
It would be counterproductive to improve the Clippers this year just to do it.

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 04:32:41 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I'm hearing Jeff Green to the Clippers, per chatter.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 04:39:26 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I think I'd rather hold onto Green for the rest of the season than have Hawes/Barnes. Not really sure how the Clips could match Green's contract, not a whole lot of wiggle room, even after dumping Cunningham on the Sixers.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 04:49:11 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I think I'd rather hold onto Green for the rest of the season than have Hawes/Barnes. Not really sure how the Clips could match Green's contract, not a whole lot of wiggle room, even after dumping Cunningham on the Sixers.

I'm not saying Hawes/Barnes was a deal I saw, I kind of took a quick look a pulled those two names because of $$$.

They have an open roster spot because of the Sixer deal and there is talk of Green to them.  What would get that done?
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 04:49:13 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I think there's a useful player out there we can trade him for. A crappy 2nd round pick doesn't do it for me, but I suppose, like Rondo, if we're just giving away good players for essentially nothing perhaps it's better to get something rather than nothing.

With all these draft picks, we'll be luck to have a couple turn out as good as Rondo and Green are right now (in their prime with 3-5 quality years left). Danny's strategy just pains me right now. Doesn't feel very productive.

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 04:49:19 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

This. No way the Celtics make that pick they got from the Clippers for Doc worse. I guarantee you the one place Jeff Green isn't getting traded to is the Clips.

Funny enough though he would be their last piece of the puzzle.

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 04:51:46 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

This. No way the Celtics make that pick they got from the Clippers for Doc worse. I guarantee you the one place Jeff Green isn't getting traded to is the Clips.

I guess it's nice people think Green would improve the Clips.

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 04:57:12 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

I'm not saying Hawes/Barnes was a deal I saw, I kind of took a quick look a pulled those two names because of $$$.

They have an open roster spot because of the Sixer deal and there is talk of Green to them.  What would get that done?

I read you. With Jamal Crawford, those two guys are probably the contracts that would be needed to match Green's incoming. Doesn't seem like a good fit, but perhaps someone else more creative can come up with something else.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 04:57:33 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

You don't think he would? I think that someone who has played and thrived under Doc Rivers who gives the Clips something that they need desperately (an upgrade at wing) I think would help them. At the very least I think he'd be better than Matt Barnes.

I guess it doesn't matter because again Green's not LAC bound. Atleast not this season.

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 04:58:41 PM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
I think there's a useful player out there we can trade him for. A crappy 2nd round pick doesn't do it for me, but I suppose, like Rondo, if we're just giving away good players for essentially nothing perhaps it's better to get something rather than nothing.

With all these draft picks, we'll be luck to have a couple turn out as good as Rondo and Green are right now (in their prime with 3-5 quality years left). Danny's strategy just pains me right now. Doesn't feel very productive.
Jeez, not this narrative again. People need to understand that the Rondo situation was totally unique and can't be related to other trades. That aside, I'm a fan of the Rondo trade for Boston so far. Crowder is great off the bench, Wright has done well when given minutes (which hasn't been often) and is our best shotblocker as of now, Nelson is trash admittedly but he was salary filler, and that pick will be more valuable than people think due to the reverse protection this year.

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 04:59:38 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

You don't think he would? I think that someone who has played and thrived under Doc Rivers who gives the Clips something that they need desperately (an upgrade at wing) I think would help them. At the very least I think he'd be better than Matt Barnes.

I guess it doesn't matter because again Green's not LAC bound. Atleast not this season.

why wouldn't he improve the Clips...he won't be the best player

CP3, Blake is there best players and I think that's where Jeff Green will thrive in. Opposing team as of now playing against us is "green is our best player, take care of him and there goes a chunk of their scoring"

With him on the Clips, Jeff Green is the least important person opposing team has to worry about. You have CP3 to worry about or Blake and Jordan dunking on you

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 05:05:28 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
We have a month or so for teams to come forward with 1st round picks.  If we strike out, green gets traded for prince's expiring and a 2nd

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 05:08:58 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199

I think the clips would be the perfect fit for Green.  He doesn't have to carry much of the offensive burden.  They don't need him to rebound too much.   He's more versatile than Barnes.  Spencer Hawes has sucked this year.  Big baby has underperformed.  Green has to be better than Chris Douglas Roberts.

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 05:12:49 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

I found myself wondering today whether in three years we'll be talking about getting back a couple of 2nd rounders as an acceptable return for KO or Sully.