Author Topic: Grizzlies may be looking to trade for Luol or Jeff Green  (Read 22047 times)

Re: Grizzlies may be looking to trade for Luol or Jeff Green
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2015, 12:58:55 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Aside to @ESPNSteinLine report on MEM/Green: Cavs/Bos/MEM had talked re 3-teamer that would have sent JG to MEM, Koufos to CLE, picks to BOS

So we need another team besides the cavs to get in on a 3 teamer again

If MEM was indeed willing to part with Koufos to get Green in the original scenario, I see no reason why a simple two-team deal couldn't still be a possibility.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2015, 12:59:36 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Aside to @ESPNSteinLine report on MEM/Green: Cavs/Bos/MEM had talked re 3-teamer that would have sent JG to MEM, Koufos to CLE, picks to BOS

how many picks I wonder, how lucky are we if it is 2 1st rounders? I'd pull the trigger on that one

That was before the Mozgov deal. Don't know how many teams are as desperate as the Cavs were.

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2015, 01:01:13 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Koufos Koufos Koufos Koufos

The Grizzlies are not trading Koufos!!!

Would you trade your feet for a second pair of shoes?

You were saying? Point is that trading Koufus, who is a FA and they'll probably lose for nothing, is a very real possibility.

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA 

I can think of a lot of reasons for someone to leak that rumor. I can't think of a single reason for Memphis to set themselves up for a playoff run without a backup center.

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2015, 01:09:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

If MEM was indeed willing to part with Koufos to get Green in the original scenario, I see no reason why a simple two-team deal couldn't still be a possibility.

Bc danny doesnt want koufus

« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2015, 01:12:39 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Bc danny doesnt want koufus

You sure about that? Legit center, can get his Bird Rights.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2015, 01:12:43 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Koufos Koufos Koufos Koufos

The Grizzlies are not trading Koufos!!!

Would you trade your feet for a second pair of shoes?

You were saying? Point is that trading Koufus, who is a FA and they'll probably lose for nothing, is a very real possibility.

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA 

I can think of a lot of reasons for someone to leak that rumor. I can't think of a single reason for Memphis to set themselves up for a playoff run without a backup center.

I'll give you a few. Their current starting SF is Prince. Koufus is their backup and is a luxury that will only play around 10 minutes per game during the playoffs. Should Gasol go down, they're toast anyways. Green would come in and solidify the spot. That team will look significantly better with Green starting rather than Koufus watching during the playoffs.

« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2015, 01:14:42 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

As an aside- the Memphis fans on "Grizzly Bear Blues" are having some super impressive conversations about whether it's worth it to give up Calathes or Quincy Pondexter to get back Green. Whoever it was on our board that was pitching Green, Bass, and two 2nd rounders for Marc Gasol needs to head over there and take them on, eh?

« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2015, 01:14:44 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

If. We know Green's available for picks. And we can assume CLE wanted Koufos. So presumably the deal didn't happen because MEM doesn't want to part with him.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2015, 01:17:40 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

As an aside- the Memphis fans on "Grizzly Bear Blues" are having some super impressive conversations about whether it's worth it to give up Calathes or Quincy Pondexter to get back Green. Whoever it was on our board that was pitching Green, Bass, and two 2nd rounders for Marc Gasol needs to head over there and take them on, eh?

It doesn't exactly mean that they have perspective though. It just means that fanbases overvalue their own players. That Green offer is nearly as farfetched as the Gasol deal.

« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2015, 01:17:44 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
Dim out the roster except for the rookie deals and the dreadful Wallace contract (maybe buyout next year?)..

Make MAX offers for Leonard and Drummond.. (have to pay to come here)

Continue to draft well as gather assets and build the team from ground up with those Leonard, Drummond, Smart, Sully and KO as centerpeices (even though they have been playing poorly)..

Solid players such as Zeller, Bradley, Croweder and Young to contribute ..

Keep the team young and build srtong

« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2015, 01:25:22 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
let's trade Green for Courtney Lee!

Am I alone in wishing we kept Courtney Lee instead of Bradley?

« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2015, 01:25:23 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Green , Pressey, Wright to OKC.    for Perk and Jackson

« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2015, 01:28:27 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

It doesn't exactly mean that they have perspective though. It just means that fanbases overvalue their own players. That Green offer is nearly as farfetched as the Gasol deal.

This conversation is impressive? I don't suppose you meant to say unimpressive....

http://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2015/1/8/7514157/memphis-grizzlies-jeff-green-luol-deng-trade-rumors-stein
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2015, 01:34:42 PM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
let's trade Green for Courtney Lee!

Am I alone in wishing we kept Courtney Lee instead of Bradley?

You're not alone now and you weren't alone then.

« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2015, 01:35:01 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Trading green off should entice fans to fil the seats and garner TV contracts by the boat load