Author Topic: Standings watch for C's picks in 2015  (Read 66825 times)

Re: Standings watch for C's picks in 2015
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2015, 09:01:16 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Kobe's probably out for the year, so the Laker's record could improve.

TP for making me laugh.

Tough win for us last night.  True, we're going to win games occasionally, but we really need to concentrate on losing the games that we're supposed to lose.

Mike

« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2015, 09:25:40 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

TP for making me laugh.

Tough win for us last night.  True, we're going to win games occasionally, but we really need to concentrate on losing the games that we're supposed to lose.

Mike

Its not automatic we lose to a blazers team without aldrige. They are a mediocre team without him

« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2015, 12:03:31 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199

TP for making me laugh.

Mike

Its not automatic we lose to a blazers team without aldrige. They are a mediocre team without him
Without Lopez and Batum, they really are.  Thomas Robinson impressed me last night though.

« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2015, 11:33:22 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
STANDINGS WATCH  as of 1/25/15
Boston Pick
#8 right now (based on winning %)
            Games Behind    Current Wins     Games Left    Last 10
Brooklyn         +1.5                  18                       38            2-8
Detroit             +1                      17                      38            6-4
Sacramento    even                 16                      39                  2-8
Boston         even                    15                 42                4-6
Utah            .5                    16 (+1)                    38              4-6
Indiana       2                     15 (even)              37                  2-8
Orlando      2.5                   15 (even)             36                  2-8

-->well, those 2 wins have pushed the C's into the crowd of under performers this year.  Lakers have fallen far enough behind that I've dropped them from the standings review. 

Clips Pick #24 right now
                Games Behind    Current Wins   Games Left   Last 10
Memphis       2 up                 31                    39                7-3
Portland        2 up                 32                     37                5-5 
Houston      .5 up                    30                   38                 7-3
Dallas            .5 up                    30                   38                6-4
Clippers          even                    29                   39                 7-3
Wash             .5                     29                   38                 6-4
Toronto           1                       28                    39                 4-6
Chicago           1                      29                    37                 4-6
SA                   2                        28                    37                   7-3

Need Wash, Toronto, Chicago and SA to pick it up so they knock the Clips back some slots.  feeling less optimistic that OKC is going to catch them at 7 games back with half the season to go.

« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2015, 11:50:50 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
thanks slam for the update. this is a good thread and you have invested a LOT of work, which is appreciated. tp.

by the way, does your killer-cute hamster help you with your research?  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2015, 09:26:16 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
thanks slam for the update. this is a good thread and you have invested a LOT of work, which is appreciated. tp.

by the way, does your killer-cute hamster help you with your research?  ;D
thanks for the TP.

wish the hamster could help but he's all thumbs  ;D

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2015, 12:15:49 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
(mef730 groans while awarding TP.)

Wow, only lost by a few against GS.  I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as most of the crowd here, but maybe we have a better young core than we had been giving credit for.

Mike

« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2015, 03:08:54 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Wow, only lost by a few against GS.  I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as most of the crowd here, but maybe we have a better young core than we had been giving credit for.

Mike
they're hustling.  good things can happen for a team that hustles.  can catch better teams napping and steal a win here and there

« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2015, 03:21:22 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Mike
they're hustling.  good things can happen for a team that hustles.  can catch better teams napping and steal a win here and there

I have a theory that Brandon Bass is actually the best player on the team, and the whole team knows it. Putting him in the starting lineup signals to the rest of the team that they are actually trying to win the game.

...and they probably are, although for perverse reasons. The best way to sell him is, of course, to feature him and win.

« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2015, 03:39:24 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

They were playing with us and they almost got burnt.  I think Smart would have helped in this game on D a lot.

« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2015, 04:41:37 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney

They were playing with us and they almost got burnt.  I think Smart would have helped in this game on D a lot.
I don't think they let up one bit.  I think they're lucky to have squeaked out a win, given a few of those ridiculous calls.  3 FT's on a 50 foot one handed heave to end the courter by Curry, when the defender is straight up.  Gotta' be kidding me.

« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2015, 04:54:17 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Gotta' be kidding me.

The kidding was done last night by the Warriors.

They were laughing and joking the whole time.   I never saw concern on their faces even when the game got tight.   Your seeing what you want to see, it is very easy to delude oneself in this regard, and not seeing what what happened in the game and on the sidelines.   Perhaps it is a desperate attempt by your mind to rationalize that we have enough talent to play with a good team.   Look at the last, turnover of the game for them, they passed up court without even looking and they were still laughing despite the game being close.   Does that sound like they barely held us off?   They were toying with us like a cat does to a mouse.   Kerr was laughing most of the time and showed zero concern. 

The team had nothing to do with that call.   Your using as an example does not apply to the team's attitude but rather the refereeing.   Which was bad both ways, most of the time down the stretch Sully pushed off and they didn't call it.   GS got called for a foul when it was Bass who made the contact and not GS.   The refs were bad but GS still had a cavalier attitude towards us.

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2015, 05:36:55 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
Gotta' be kidding me.

The kidding was done last night by the Warriors.

They were laughing and joking the whole time.   I never saw concern on their faces even when the game got tight.   Your seeing what you want to see, it is very easy to delude oneself in this regard, and not seeing what what happened in the game and on the sidelines.   Perhaps it is a desperate attempt by your mind to rationalize that we have enough talent to play with a good team.   Look at the last, turnover of the game for them, they passed up court without even looking and they were still laughing despite the game being close.   Does that sound like they barely held us off?   They were toying with us like a cat does to a mouse.   Kerr was laughing most of the time and showed zero concern. 

The team had nothing to do with that call.   Your using as an example does not apply to the team's attitude but rather the refereeing.   Which was bad both ways, most of the time down the stretch Sully pushed off and they didn't call it.   GS got called for a foul when it was Bass who made the contact and not GS.   The refs were bad but GS still had a cavalier attitude towards us.
You don't toy with a team and win by 1 possession.

Also, that call was a joke.  I'm not pinning it on the players, I'm pinning it on a referee.  Who makes that call to close a quarter?  You have to really foul someone in that situation, and it didn't happen.  Defense always gets the benefit of the doubt when a player chucks and flails from 50 feet.

« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2015, 09:27:15 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
STANDINGS WATCH  as of 1/29/15
Boston Pick
#9 (tied) right now (based on winning %)
Charlotte          +2                     19                    36                 7-3
Denver            +2                     19                    36                 3-7
Brooklyn         +1.5                  18                       37               2-8
Boston         even                  16                     38                4-6
Sacramento    even                 16                      38                  2-8
Detroit             .5                      17                      35              4-6
Utah                1                     16                      36                3-7
Indiana            1.5                   16                     35                  2-8
Orlando           3                     15 (-1)                34                  2-8

-->C's seem to be enjoying a likely temporary surge while teams with more talent have taken a dip.  Currently tied with Sac for ninth slot

Clips Pick #25 (3 way tie) right now
Memphis       1.5 up                 33                    37                8-2
Portland        even                    32                   36                 4-6
Clippers          even                    32                   36                 8-2
Houston         even                    32                   36                 7-3
Toronto           1                        31                    36                 6-4
Wash              1.5                     31                    35                 6-4
Chicago           2.5                     30                    35                 5-5
SA                2.5                     30                    35                 8-2
Dallas           2.5                     30                    35                 4-6

-->Clips making hay while other teams are sliding.  have climbed to 3-way tie with Portland and Houston for the #25 slot.

« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2015, 10:53:56 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
STANDINGS WATCH  as of 2/5/15
Boston Pick
#9 right now based on winning % but tied 3-way for 9

in games behind
Miami              +2.5                  21                      33               4-6
Brooklyn         +2                     20                      34               4-6
Denver            even                 19                      32               1-9
Detroit             even                  19                     32                4-6
Boston         even                18                 34                5-5
Sacramento      .5                     17                     35                 1-9
Indiana             1                     18 (even)            32                 3-7
Utah                 1.5                   17                      30                4-6

-->Orlando and Lakers seem to be falling to the wayside in the 4 and 5 slots.  with the
season shortening, the C's could wind up anywhere from 6th in the lottery to #8 in the
playoffs.  so many teams bunching up.

Clips Pick #25 (2 way tie) right now
Houston            1                        34                   33                 7-3
Portland         even                    33                   33                 3-7
Clippers           even                    33                   33                 7-3
Toronto            .5                        33                   32                 7-3
Dallas             1                         33                   31                 5-5
SA                  2                         31                   33                 8-2
Wash               2.5                      31                    32                4-6
Cleveland       3.5                       30                   32                10-0
Chicago            3.5                       30                   32                 4-6

-->Clips still hanging tough while those around them are sliding or climbing.  Could be
anywhere from 27 to 19 depending on who gets hot and who doesn't.