Author Topic: Standings watch for C's picks in 2015  (Read 67047 times)

Re: Standings watch for C's picks in 2015
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2015, 10:11:23 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
IMO players high on Danny's list

C-  Okafor, Towns (both obvious reasons).   Kaminsky is third.   No way i can see the Celts drafting WCS.  mediocre iq and has a long way to go in adding pounds.

PF - Kristaps Porzingis, Wood, Ashley, Harrell

SF - Johnson, Hollis-Jefferson, Chris Walker (borderline 1st/2nd round)

SG -  Winslow, Aaron Harrison (2nd round)

PG - Mudiya, Paige, Rozier, Andrew Harrison (boderline 1st/2nd round)

Danny will try to trade all the 2015 picks (and maybe even another future 1st) we have for either Okafor or Towns.  Maybe a lucky team that moves up and does not need a center will bite. 

If not , my early prediction

8-12 pick (celts pick) = Kaminsky  C/PF
20-24 pick (clippers pick) = Brandon Ashley PF/SF

Kaminsky won't go that high. He's the type of player that will fall, not rise, once he does his combine. Kaminsky is a redundant player on our roster. WCS plays above the rim (athleticism is something we lack along the frontline), blocks shots, and will be great, not just good, at defending the pick and roll.

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2015, 10:26:45 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
The C's are now in the 7th spot and will be tied for the 6th pick with a loss tonight.

I think that spot screams WCS. If he's not available I could see the Celtics grabbing Stanley Johnson. Select either and we have a great young defensive minded core to build around.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2015, 10:40:54 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
If we finish top 5-7, Danny will probably try to trade up to get Porzingis, who is unlikely to last beyond the top 3 (Town's stock will drop, he is way over-rated).  No shot to get Okafor, who will go 1.

Question is: what will it take to move up 2-3 slots to get Porzingis?  He will be a future NBA All Star in my book.  Will the Clips pick be enough?  I dunno.

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2015, 10:52:39 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If we finish top 5-7, Danny will probably try to trade up to get Porzingis, who is unlikely to last beyond the top 3 (Town's stock will drop, he is way over-rated).  No shot to get Okafor, who will go 1.

Question is: what will it take to move up 2-3 slots to get Porzingis?  He will be a future NBA All Star in my book.  Will the Clips pick be enough?  I dunno.
If that is who we trade up to get I will throw up.

Then by the time summer league rolls around I'll be talking myself into him being an all star. I'd rather draft a young athletic defensive stalwart that a euro seven foot shooter.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2015, 11:17:39 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
it's time the ping pong ball drop to us!

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2015, 11:29:18 AM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23

Then by the time summer league rolls around I'll be talking myself into him being an all star. I'd rather draft a young athletic defensive stalwart that a euro seven foot shooter.

I've said it before, but I get the feeling Danny does not trust European talent that much, I dont see us using our first pick in the draft this year on a Euro guy. Last year Ainge would have taken Saric with the Young pick if he was still there but I don't see him using his top pick on one. I just think euro guys are so hard to evaluate, for every Dirk there are 3 Darko's

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2015, 11:33:12 AM »

Offline GzUP617

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 12
  I'd be happy with Drafting Stanley Johnson with our pick and Frank Kaminsky with the clippers pick.

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2015, 11:44:56 AM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23
  I'd be happy with Drafting Stanley Johnson with our pick and Frank Kaminsky with the clippers pick.

Like Stanley Johnson, kind of think Kaminsky is a mixture of olynyk and zeller but doesnt have a high ceiling

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2015, 12:05:18 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

I've said it before, but I get the feeling Danny does not trust European talent that much, I dont see us using our first pick in the draft this year on a Euro guy. Last year Ainge would have taken Saric with the Young pick if he was still there but I don't see him using his top pick on one. I just think euro guys are so hard to evaluate, for every Dirk there are 3 Darko's

Euros bust like 60% of the time and college players bust 50% of the time. It's not a huge gap and it's getting smaller every year.  For every LeBron there's 2.3 Greg Odens or Michael Beasleys.  Porzingis looks really good too.

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2015, 01:33:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
IMO players high on Danny's list

C-  Okafor, Towns (both obvious reasons).   Kaminsky is third.   No way i can see the Celts drafting WCS.  mediocre iq and has a long way to go in adding pounds.

PF - Kristaps Porzingis, Wood, Ashley, Harrell

SF - Johnson, Hollis-Jefferson, Chris Walker (borderline 1st/2nd round)

SG -  Winslow, Aaron Harrison (2nd round)

PG - Mudiya, Paige, Rozier, Andrew Harrison (boderline 1st/2nd round)

Danny will try to trade all the 2015 picks (and maybe even another future 1st) we have for either Okafor or Towns.  Maybe a lucky team that moves up and does not need a center will bite. 

If not , my early prediction

8-12 pick (celts pick) = Kaminsky  C/PF
20-24 pick (clippers pick) = Brandon Ashley PF/SF

Kaminsky won't go that high. He's the type of player that will fall, not rise, once he does his combine. Kaminsky is a redundant player on our roster. WCS plays above the rim (athleticism is something we lack along the frontline), blocks shots, and will be great, not just good, at defending the pick and roll.

If not for the combine , kaminsky would go between 5-7

He has a longer wingspan than kelly and zeller. But not as long as a guy like drummond. Im guessing 7'0 to 7'2

I know your fascinated by wcs, but do you know how thin he is still?? He will get physically overpowered by more than half the nba centers. Danny likes strength and cbs likes skills, shooting. Qualities that wcs does not possess.

Danny prob rather take dakari johnson over wcs

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2015, 01:50:12 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
I've been pushing this Lithuanian kid for a little while now.  Us older guys will remember his dad.  I think he shows good size, strength, mobility and fundamentals.  Really moves his feet on defense.  A few years ago he was a scrawny little beanpole, now he's 6-10 and starting to push guys around at Gonzaga.

What do you guys think as an early 2nd rounder?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er69CSpUd34

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2015, 02:10:47 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
STANDINGS WATCH  as of 1/12/15
Boston Pick
#7 right now (based on winning %)
            Games Behind    Current Wins     Games Left    Last 10
Indiana       +1                    15 (+3)              43                  5-5
Charlotte    +1                      15 (+3)              43                  5-5
Detroit        even                  13 (+1)             45                   8-2
Boston        even                  12                      47                  2-8
Utah            .5                      13 (+1)              44                  5-5
Orlando      1.5                     13 (+1)              42                  3-7
LA               1.5                     12 (even)           44                  3-7
--> the slide I've been predicting is on full display.  this continues, I may have to start including Philly in the standings

Clips Pick #21 right now
                Games Behind    Current Wins   Games Left   Last 10
Memphis       1.5 up                 26                    45                5-5
Chicago           1 up                    26                   44                 7-3
Houston          1 up                    26                   44                 6-4
Toronto           .5 up                   25                   46                 5-5
Dallas           1.5 up                 26                    44                6-4
Wash              .5 up                   25                   45                 6-4
Clippers          even                    25                   44                 6-4
SA                2 back                  23                   44                 6-4
PHX              4 back                 22                    42                6-4

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2015, 02:27:42 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Look at the "last 10" column for the western conference.  It's just a dead heat.  That clippers pick could land anywhere from 18-30.

I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but it would sure be OK if Griffin got hurt for a month or two.

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2015, 03:05:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Look at the "last 10" column for the western conference.  It's just a dead heat.  That clippers pick could land anywhere from 18-30.

I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but it would sure be OK if Griffin got hurt for a month or two.

Sure hope CP3 doesn't sprang an ankle .....that would be awful bad luck .... :-*

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2015, 03:08:52 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I've been pushing this Lithuanian kid for a little while now.  Us older guys will remember his dad.  I think he shows good size, strength, mobility and fundamentals.  Really moves his feet on defense.  A few years ago he was a scrawny little beanpole, now he's 6-10 and starting to push guys around at Gonzaga.

What do you guys think as an early 2nd rounder?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er69CSpUd34

Yes ! .......he is going to fill out and maybe be an inch or two taller

I d use a early second on him !