Author Topic: Trade idea: Green to CHI  (Read 1199 times)

Trade idea: Green to CHI
« on: January 07, 2015, 02:48:58 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
To Chicago: Green, Crowder, 2015 LAC 1st

To Boston: Dunleavy, Snell, Bairstow, Mohammed, 2015 SAC 1st (top 10 protected)

Why for Chicago: Green is an upgrade over Dunleavy. Crowder provides "Lebron stopper" potential for a playoff matchup with the Cavs. They get a first back.

Why for Boston: Acquiring another late 1st for Green is not useful given how many we have - this takes a late 1st and turns it into what would be the 11th pick today. Having the 7th/8th and 11th/12th picks would increase our chances of drafting a star in that range, and offer enticing trade-up possibilities. The pick is already top 10 protected, so it may get bumped into the future, but this makes CHI more willing to move it.

If you feel that this gives up too much, we could send the Philly (early 2nd) pick instead. If you think it's too little, add the Philly 2nd rounder too.

Re: Trade idea: Green to CHI
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 02:56:15 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
He's more talented than Dunleavy, but I don't see Green's lack of consistent 3 pt shooting as a good fit for Chicago. Dunleavy helps space the floor for Rose,  Gasol, and Butler.

And the front office is notoriously luxury tax phobic. I don't see them willing to reup both Jeff and Butler this offseason.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Re: Trade idea: Green to CHI
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 03:17:27 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
He's more talented than Dunleavy, but I don't see Green's lack of consistent 3 pt shooting as a good fit for Chicago. Dunleavy helps space the floor for Rose,  Gasol, and Butler.

And the front office is notoriously luxury tax phobic. I don't see them willing to reup both Jeff and Butler this offseason.

Agreed.