Author Topic: Another Jeff Green Trade Idea  (Read 1154 times)

Another Jeff Green Trade Idea
« on: January 06, 2015, 05:58:45 PM »

Offline Megalodon

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
I have not seen anything similar to this one yet.

BOS sends: Jeff Green, Marcus Thornton
BOS receives: Otto Porter, Nene Hilario

WAS sends: Otto Porter, Nene Hilario
WAS receives: Jeff Green, Marcus Thornton

It is clear that we are not contending next year, so Nene's bloated contract wouldn't hurt us and will expire with Wallace's. Washington will get depth behind Beal and will have an option of playing Green as 4 or 3. We get a prospect (3rd overall pick  - something you rarely get to trade for) on a rookie contract. 

Re: Another Jeff Green Trade Idea
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 06:29:25 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Jeff Green for MKG or Porter is the kind of wide-eyed homeristic "Rondo-for-Drummond"-esque pipe dreams we can all hope for until the humbling reality inevitably hits and we see Green dumped at the deadline for an expiring contract and late 2nd rounder.

Porter Jr is a fantastic prospect.  Can't see it happening.

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 06:34:02 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Jeff Green for MKG or Porter is the kind of wide-eyed homeristic "Rondo-for-Drummond"-esque pipe dreams we can all hope for until the humbling reality inevitably hits and we see Green dumped at the deadline for an expiring contract and late 2nd rounder.

I mean, not really...
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 06:37:36 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I mean, not really...
I mean, really...

He's a terrific young prospect who can score in a variety of ways.  He's 21 years old, was picked 3rd, shows solid ability across the board and is shooting 49%/36%/74%.  He's the future there at SF.  There's not much incentive to trade him... he's learning behind Pierce.

To play along, I'd say we could maybe wait until the deadline and offer Jeff Green + Jameer + 2015 Clippers 1st for Porter and Miller's expiring.  Then buy out Miller.

Wiz say no.