Author Topic: Broadchurch (TV Show)  (Read 2604 times)

Broadchurch (TV Show)
« on: January 06, 2015, 02:17:56 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
If you're the type of person who can sit through a multi-layered 3dimensional 8 episode show that will keep you guessing, and don't mind british accents, this is for you.

As a parent, ripped my heart out of my chest, multiple times. This show is not a feel good experience. It's not Hannibal's charisma or Sherlock's fervent pace. This is straight character development with unforseeable turns. The kinds of turns you kind of see coming, then they come, then they're meaningless.

This is high-brow TV at its best. Honestly made me cry. On netflix streaming. If you think there is a chance in the world of you watching it, watch it, and don't google it.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: Broadchurch (TV Show)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 02:25:58 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
What is it about?

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 02:39:41 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
What is it about?

It examines a murder in a small british coastal town, and how that reflects upon the community with full character development along the way. You could have it based in Maine or Virginia and it could be the same show. Just don't google it. The twists are worth finding organically.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 03:15:30 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
What is it about?

It examines a murder in a small british coastal town, and how that reflects upon the community with full character development along the way. You could have it based in Maine or Virginia and it could be the same show. Just don't google it. The twists are worth finding organically.

Another one!?  At this rate, the English population is going to be severely depleted, lol.  All I've learned from my family watching Foyle, Lewis, Morse, Miss Marple, and anything and everything else on Masterpiece theater, is that you should never live in a country village in the UK.  Or Oxford.  Or a seaside community.  Or anywhere else.  Ever, lol.  Also, never trust the little old ladies, who gossip behind your back, never inherit anything, because you'll be killed for it by a family member (most likely), and the rich lady is probably cheating on her husband by getting her freak on with her or the neighbor's young gardener in the tool shed.  Now, would you like a brandy? ;) ::) ;D 

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 04:37:46 AM »

Offline kiwiceltic

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16
If you're the type of person who can sit through a multi-layered 3dimensional 8 episode show that will keep you guessing, and don't mind british accents, this is for you.

As a parent, ripped my heart out of my chest, multiple times. This show is not a feel good experience. It's not Hannibal's charisma or Sherlock's fervent pace. This is straight character development with unforseeable turns. The kinds of turns you kind of see coming, then they come, then they're meaningless.

This is high-brow TV at its best. Honestly made me cry. On netflix streaming. If you think there is a chance in the world of you watching it, watch it, and don't google it.

Totally agree, Broadchurch had me hooked, I watched all 8 episodes in a day. If you enjoyed it i'd suggest Happy Valley as another similar series.