Author Topic: Samuel Dalembert has been officially waived by the Knicks.  (Read 7179 times)

Re: Knicks "actively" trying to trade Samuel Dalembert
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2015, 12:17:44 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
How about Green for Dalembert and Shumpert?

We can STILL use a center
Shump is gone, but I think we might end up taking a deal like this for expirings to get away from Green's player option next year.  I hope we can do better, but I'm not holding my breath.

Green's player option is pretty reasonable.  His trade value would increase if he elected to opt-in.

Dalembert makes some sense for Cleveland.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2015, 12:25:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Shump is gone, but I think we might end up taking a deal like this for expirings to get away from Green's player option next year.  I hope we can do better, but I'm not holding my breath.

Green's player option is pretty reasonable.  His trade value would increase if he elected to opt-in.

I agree ....more Than some players that have been mention.   

The Cavs have face the fact .....they can't spend for a top 10 center .....who ever they get is going to come with a certain load of baggage

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2015, 12:29:14 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199

Do you think his market value will be more than 9.2M?  Also, would you want to keep him for 9.2M next year?

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 12:32:22 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Do you think his market value will be more than 9.2M?  Also, would you want to keep him for 9.2M next year?

Yes and yes.  I expect he will have no trouble getting north of $10 mil per year.

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 12:43:25 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

The way the market has gone, I do think he'll get more.  There aren't a ton of good starting SFs in the league.

I'd keep him at the $9.2 million, assuming a good trade offer wasn't made.  I think he'll opt out, though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2015, 12:57:21 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

The way the market has gone, I do think he'll get more.  There aren't a ton of good starting SFs in the league.

I'd keep him at the $9.2 million, assuming a good trade offer wasn't made.  I think he'll opt out, though.
This.

fully expect him to opt out UNLESS he sees the increasing cap the next year as an even better opportunity to cash in such that he can recover the money lost by getting paid 9.2 next year instead of say anywhere from 15-17 mill.

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2015, 01:03:10 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199

I guess I've just soured on Green.  I'd rather take the 9.2M to the FA market and go shopping.

Interestingly, his agent is David Falk, who also represents Sully, Turner, Greg Monroe, and Roy Hibbert.

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2015, 05:47:17 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Samuel Dalembert has been officially waived by the Knicks.

Marc stein

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2015, 07:17:02 AM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17

This.

fully expect him to opt out UNLESS he sees the increasing cap the next year as an even better opportunity to cash in such that he can recover the money lost by getting paid 9.2 next year instead of say anywhere from 15-17 mill.

It's not an either or choice, though. He can have both. He can opt out and see what kind of offers he gets. If he thinks he can get more after the cap rises, he signs a new one-year deal for more than 9.2 and then goes into free agency again for the bigger money in year 2.

Opting out makes sense in both cases. The only time opting-in makes financial sense is if he believes he can't even get the 9.2 he has coming on the option year.

Re: Samuel Dalembert has been officially waived by the Knicks.
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2015, 07:19:16 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
So now Samuel and Jermaine need to find new homes before the 'big' trade market shakes out?

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2015, 09:12:37 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
So now Samuel and Jermaine need to find new homes before the 'big' trade market shakes out?

Yes, looking more and more like we won't be getting anything of worth -- or anything at all -- for these "valuable expiring assets" we've salivated over.

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2015, 09:18:45 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
He has nothing left.  Nothing.  If the cavs pick him up with the intention of actually playing him then they can't rightly be considered contenders.  Brandan Wright is in a different league.

Remember when the heat kept signing Dampier and Magloire? Reminds me of that. Lebron loves the washed up vets...

He d better ...he 's heading that way himself and the train seems to be gaining speed.

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2015, 09:34:43 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

This.

It's not an either or choice, though. He can have both. He can opt out and see what kind of offers he gets. If he thinks he can get more after the cap rises, he signs a new one-year deal for more than 9.2 and then goes into free agency again for the bigger money in year 2.

Opting out makes sense in both cases. The only time opting-in makes financial sense is if he believes he can't even get the 9.2 he has coming on the option year.
sure, he could opt out and sign a 1-year deal for more $ but what team would do that?  I think there's long odds someone would sign him for that much more money without locking him up for 2-3 years so that they have that fixed cost.  who'd want to pay him $15 mill, lose him as a FA and then have to resign him to even more if the cap jumps and he shows he's a good fit for the team?

In any case, I lay the odds at 95% he opts out after this year.  even with his inconsistency he'll easily get a deal at $14-15 mill per year.