Author Topic: Samuel Dalembert has been officially waived by the Knicks.  (Read 7177 times)

Samuel Dalembert has been officially waived by the Knicks.
« on: January 05, 2015, 04:42:49 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
The Knicks have been "actively" trying to trade Samuel Dalembert and may opt to waive him on Wednesday.

Marc stein
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 05:48:05 PM by crownontherocks »

Re: Knicks "actively" trying to trade Samuel Dalembert
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 04:50:48 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The Knicks have been "actively" trying to trade Samuel Dalembert and may opt to waive him on Wednesday.

Marc stein
I don't suppose that's relevant to us in any form or shape. He'll be getting 10-20 mins off the bench on some team with playoff aspirations when all is said and done.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 05:04:38 PM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17

Marc stein
I don't suppose that's relevant to us in any form or shape. He'll be getting 10-20 mins off the bench on some team with playoff aspirations when all is said and done.

Barely relevant and in a roundabout way, but if he's waived, I can see the Cavs picking him up for the veteran minimum or a small slice of the Varejao disabled player exception.  Now, if someone was hoping that the Cavs desperation for a big man would drive them into talks for Brandon Wright, that door is shut a little.

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 05:07:55 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Can the knicks out tank philly?

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 05:11:02 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
He has nothing left.  Nothing.  If the cavs pick him up with the intention of actually playing him then they can't rightly be considered contenders.  Brandan Wright is in a different league.

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 05:14:05 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
He has nothing left.  Nothing.  If the cavs pick him up with the intention of actually playing him then they can't rightly be considered contenders.  Brandan Wright is in a different league.

Remember when the heat kept signing Dampier and Magloire? Reminds me of that. Lebron loves the washed up vets...

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 05:21:20 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Marc stein

It's relevant if the C's acquire something as compensation for taking on Dalembert to release him and save the Knicks several million dollars in luxury taxes (his contract fully guarantees this week, which is why this is news now).  Otherwise, probably not relevant, but some team should get a second rounder for saving Dolan millions.

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 05:23:07 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Dallas should go after Dalembert. He'd be a good backup for Tyson Chandler. Knows the system and many of the players from past experience with the team. Ideal situation.

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 05:24:36 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Dallas should go after Dalembert. He'd be a good backup for Tyson Chandler. Knows the system and many of the players from past experience with the team. Ideal situation.

Dallas traded Dalembert to NY this summer for Chandler, in fact, so he can not re-sign in Dallas until this summer.

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 05:32:38 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Dallas traded Dalembert to NY this summer for Chandler, in fact, so he can not re-sign in Dallas until this summer.

That is a bummer.

Maybe Houston then. Houston needs a backup for Dwight Howard. Dalembert could give something different as a backup big to their current options.

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 06:33:57 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Marc stein

It's relevant if the C's acquire something as compensation for taking on Dalembert to release him and save the Knicks several million dollars in luxury taxes (his contract fully guarantees this week, which is why this is news now).  Otherwise, probably not relevant, but some team should get a second rounder for saving Dolan millions.
I really can't be bothered for another top-50 protected second rounder.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2015, 06:42:05 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
How about Green for Dalembert and Shumpert?

We can STILL use a center

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2015, 06:51:07 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Remember when the heat kept signing Dampier and Magloire? Reminds me of that. Lebron loves the washed up vets...
Centers can stay in the league longer, even if they lose their skills. There is always room for another big body with vet experience.

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2015, 11:57:37 AM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney

Centers can stay in the league longer, even if they lose their skills. There is always room for another big body with vet experience.
I acknowledge that, but when I watch Knicks games I end up feeling sorry for Dalembert.  He still puts in the effort, his body just won't obey him any more.  I just don't think he can be on the floor in a playoff game.

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2015, 12:02:56 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
How about Green for Dalembert and Shumpert?

We can STILL use a center
Shump is gone, but I think we might end up taking a deal like this for expirings to get away from Green's player option next year.  I hope we can do better, but I'm not holding my breath.