Author Topic: Does it work?  (Read 4574 times)

Re: Does it work?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2015, 03:29:56 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
Right now Lance is not worth much in the eyes of many. He does have a appealing contract length when you factor in the team option for the third year. But I still would not do Jeff Green for him, especially since we have an abundance of 2 guards.

I would love to do a 3 team trade with Avery and Stephenson. Avery goes to CHA and Stephenson goes somewhere not named Boston. We get back contracts that expire no later than 2016(when Wallace's is done). This trade would be more to make way for James Young and cut down our cap when 2016 FA hits.

Future Celtics Owner that was what I was leaning back and fourth with when I started this forum.  Can you do me a favor and read my first post?  Even though Evan gets point guard duties he can still guard the SF of the league.  We also have Jae Crowder to guard the SF of the league.  Lance is 6'5 and can guard SF's in stints.  James Young is 6'6 and if he develops his defense properly he has the size to guard SF's in stints.  I really don't think doing Jeff for Lance would mess with our rotations too much or put us in a too "shooting guard heavy lineup".  Especially since Lance and ET also have very good court vision.

Also for everyone bashing the JG & Lance page (this is my fault I did not clarify this) it would be a trade centered around Lance Stephenson.  I can't see us not getting another asset from CHA, especially since CHA wants JG.  Which would probably be a protected 1st, Biyombo, or Vonleh.

I get where your coming from with wanting to trade AB for LS but I 100% disagree.  AB is an extremely young player who ties into everything Brad Stevens is trying to build.  I'm aware that even AB is a streaky shooter, but hes also our best shooter (besides James Young who is getting miniscule minutes).

With a backcourt of James Young (once developed), Crowder, Marcus Smart, AB, Lance I believe we have the most dynamic backcourt in the league in the near future.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 06:16:45 PM by bmac934 »

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2015, 05:12:23 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
No to Lance, I think he would destabilize what is already a fragile team in what we have here.   He is so over rated, I think we overpaid Bradley ( he seems to have grown complacent) but then I recall what they paid Lance and I think AB is a bargain.

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2015, 02:11:19 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
No to Lance, I think he would destabilize what is already a fragile team in what we have here.   He is so over rated, I think we overpaid Bradley ( he seems to have grown complacent) but then I recall what they paid Lance and I think AB is a bargain.

Lance makes 1 more million a year than AB and is a significantly better player..........?