Author Topic: NFL Playoffs 2014-15  (Read 39597 times)

Re: NFL Playoffs 2014-15
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2015, 06:31:09 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
Russell Wilson -- 11/26, 129 yards, no passing TDs and 4 interception.  Amazing.  Rodgers not a ton better.

Pats fans -- who do you want to win with Richard Sherman hurt and Wilson looking pedestrian (at best) today?
Just interested in making it to the Superbowl. If you want to be the best, you have to be able to beat everyone.

Not with you on that.  If Pats make it, I'd prefer to play the worst possible team -- but I get your point.

Re: Wow
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2015, 06:31:28 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Wow.

Presuming this thread is about the Seattle game. I LOATHE the Seahawks. What a gigantic turd the Packers just laid in the second half. Seattle had no business even having a chance to win that game.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2015, 06:32:14 PM »

• Satch Sanders
Green Bay defense in the second half: Worst. Defense. Ever.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

Re: Wow
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2015, 06:32:28 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Wow.

Presuming this thread is about the Seattle game. I LOATHE the Seahawks. What a gigantic turd the Packers just laid in the second half. Seattle had no business even having a chance to win that game.
Yeah. Meant to post in the NFL thread though, connection got messed up momentarily somehow.

edit: Thanks for merging ;)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2015, 06:33:26 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2015, 06:33:28 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
When Wilson threw that pick down 12 with 5 minutes left, I said " Oh good, that seals it".

Me too.  I texted a friend "Game. Set. Match."  One of the worst chokes or best comebacks ever -- depending on how you look at it.   GB had a third down conversion in the receiver's hands, and also the on-side kick in hand -- so I go with it being a choke for the ages.

« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2015, 06:34:28 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
"What are you thinking right now, Russell?"

Really, Fox?!
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2015, 06:35:37 PM »

• Satch Sanders
When Wilson threw that pick down 12 with 5 minutes left, I said " Oh good, that seals it".

Me too.  I texted a friend "Game. Set. Match."  One of the worst chokes or best comebacks ever -- depending on how you look at it.   GB had a third down conversion in the receiver's hands, and also the on-side kick in hand -- so I go with it being a choke for the ages.

As much as I hate Seattle, I don't want to take anything away from them—they took advantage of their opportunities.

But that was the WORST choke job I've seen in a loooooooong time. And I think the Pats' chances of winning the Super Bowl just took a nosedive.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2015, 06:36:41 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

As much as I hate Seattle, I don't want to take anything away from them—they took advantage of their opportunities.

But that was the WORST choke job I've seen in a loooooooong time. And I think the Pats' chances of winning the Super Bowl just took a nosedive.
Gotta win the AFC game first anyhow. Can't be worried about Seattle right now.

« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2015, 06:37:56 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
GB choked up, how can the guy on the extra point not make a play on the ball?  Should have intercepted it,  they handled the adversity of the bungled onside poorly.

« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2015, 06:40:09 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
I guess it's onto hoping the Pats can get a win -- and one that gives them a big emotional lift.  Seattle's got to be feeling unstoppable after that.  Through 3 and a half quarters, they looked far more vulnerable than I thought they'd be.   Got to stop Marshawn for 60 minutes IF the Pats get there.

« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2015, 06:41:26 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
I guess it's onto hoping the Pats can get a win -- and one that gives them a big emotional lift.  Seattle's got to be feeling unstoppable after that.  Through 3 and a half quarters, they looked far more vulnerable than I thought they'd be.   Got to stop Marshawn for 60 minutes IF the Pats get there.
Sherman looked pretty banged up there in the end. Wonder how he's going to feel when the adrenaline wears off.

« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2015, 06:42:41 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Still don't know why the Green Bay defender just laid down after the last pick. It looked like there was a bunch of open field in front of him , and there was still 5 mins left in the game . Really dumb play .

And why was Clay Matthews on the sideline for the majority of the 2 final drives in the 4th quarter ?

« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2015, 06:43:29 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
GB choked up, how can the guy on the extra point not make a play on the ball?  Should have intercepted it,  they handled the adversity of the bungled onside poorly.

If nothing else, he should have committed pass interference.  What's the worst that happens?  They retry from a yard closer.

Packers deserved to lose the second they kicked consecutive field goals from the one.  Go win the game, not play not to lose.

« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2015, 06:43:51 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens

Maybe.  In the first half, with the run game, defense and Rodgers looking healthy, GB looked pretty formidable.   Richard Sherman's injury will be interesting to see - and will likely have an impact on the game. Without Browner and Sherman, this is not last year's Seahawks.  Not hoping he's hurt, but it will be a big story line over the next 2 weeks.