Author Topic: NFL Playoffs 2014-15  (Read 39542 times)

Re: NFL Playoffs 2014-15
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2015, 08:31:39 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I wonder what company/product P Manning will make a commercial for tomorrow

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2015, 08:35:43 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
That's a dumb rule, but correct call. (Referring to Dez's catch)
So you think making three steps downfield doesn't establish you as a runner? He came down with the ball on his feet.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2015, 08:40:28 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
So you think making three steps downfield doesn't establish you as a runner? He came down with the ball on his feet.

Three steps downfield? I don't see it. He was still a receiver in my opinion. Ball popped loose at the end.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2015, 09:05:06 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Three steps downfield? I don't see it. He was still a receiver in my opinion. Ball popped loose at the end.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000456759/Did-Dez-catch-it

He comes down on his left foot with the ball already firmly secured. He's made two or three steps down the field before the ball hits the ground. I understand the idea behind "have to control the ball through the landing, but I don't think this case applies here.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2015, 09:15:03 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
As for the Broncos-Colts game: Could it be that Manning has suddenly taken a career-ending nosedive? The Broncos really struggled in the last several weeks of the season.

Yep, I think so.
There's no escaping Father Time. He's come for Peyton, and Tom Brady is (unfortunately) probably next on the list. But I hope that list doesn't come due for a year or two.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2015, 09:26:29 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000456759/Did-Dez-catch-it

He comes down on his left foot with the ball already firmly secured. He's made two or three steps down the field before the ball hits the ground. I understand the idea behind "have to control the ball through the landing, but I don't think this case applies here.

I feel bad for the cowboys, but I think it was the correct call, given how the rules are written. Bryant is still on his way "down", it is not as if he corralled the ball, then took off running down the field, then fell and the ground jarred the fall loose. It was all in one "play", in my opinion. He basically goes up for the catch, has hands on it, is falling down, one two three steps, still falling down but pivoting forward, and bam the ball makes contact with the ground.

BTW, remember this one?
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81a77070/Controversial-call-on-Megatron-non-TD
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2015, 09:49:45 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
As for the Broncos-Colts game: Could it be that Manning has suddenly taken a career-ending nosedive? The Broncos really struggled in the last several weeks of the season.

Yep, I think so.
There's no escaping Father Time. He's come for Peyton,
and Tom Brady is (unfortunately) probably next on the list. But I hope that list doesn't come due for a year or two.

Plus, once you start having not one, but MULTIPLE neck surgeries, yeah, it's time to call it quits.  Watch frontline, lol.

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2015, 09:51:03 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
I wonder what company/product P Manning will make a commercial for tomorrow

I think we can all agree that having Papa John's as a sponsor is a kiss of death, lol. ;D

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2015, 09:53:58 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Manning staring down his 9th one & done in the playoffs.  Wow.

He's like Tracy McGrady and Lebron all rolled into one, lol. ;D

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2015, 09:55:17 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
How did Dez Bryant lose control of the ball, anyway?  Who does he think he is, Wes Welker?  Ahaha. ;D

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2015, 11:25:27 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
How did Dez Bryant lose control of the ball, anyway?  Who does he think he is, Wes Welker?  Ahaha. ;D

That one hurt a little bit.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2015, 11:28:58 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Manning staring down his 9th one & done in the playoffs.  Wow.

He's like Tracy McGrady and Lebron all rolled into one, lol. ;D

a great player that gets injured all the time and disappears in the 4th?

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2015, 11:32:13 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
In regards to that Dez call.  Bad rule but probably the right call.  The other thing I could've seen there was a catch followed by a fumble.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2015, 04:16:27 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

Peyton Manning Played With Torn Quad

Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning played Sunday's divisional-round playoff game and the past month of the season with a torn right quadriceps, two sources told ESPN.

Manning initially injured his thigh when he rolled out right to throw a 12-yard completion to Emmanuel Sanders late in the first half of Denver's Dec. 14 victory over the San Diego Chargers.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12154238/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-played-torn-right-quad-last-month-season

« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2015, 04:28:35 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
In regards to that Dez call.  Bad rule but probably the right call.  The other thing I could've seen there was a catch followed by a fumble.
Can't fumble off the ground in the NFL.

To fumble, you have to be a runner (as opposed to a receiver catching a pass), so you'd be down at the moment the ball hits the ground.