Author Topic: NFL Playoffs 2014-15  (Read 39601 times)

Re: NFL Playoffs 2014-15
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2015, 09:06:06 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
From ESPN statistics:

In Tom Brady's career, he has 7 postseason game-winning drives, more than 3 times the amount of any other remaining QB in the playoffs. In fact, if you added up the total game-winning drives in the playoffs from the other 7 QB in the postseason, Flacco, Wilson, Romo, Manning, Luck, Rodgers and Newton they would equal...7...the same amount of game-winning postseason drives as Brady.

With that 1st-quarter rushing score, Tom Brady now leads all active quarterbacks with 5 postseason rush TD.

He also now holds the record for most postseason passing TDs for a career with 46, one more than Montana and two more than Favre.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2015, 04:15:13 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Boy, that looked like a catch by Dez Bryant. It looked like he reeled it in, took a few steps and the ball popped loose when he hit the ground, but his hand looked to be under it also. Really surpised they overturned it, though I guess I shouldn't be considering the game was in GB and we have the precedent of the home team(Dallas, coincidentally) getting the breaks from last week. 

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2015, 04:26:07 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
Boy, that looked like a catch by Dez Bryant. It looked like he reeled it in, took a few steps and the ball popped loose when he hit the ground, but his hand looked to be under it also. Really surpised they overturned it, though I guess I shouldn't be considering the game was in GB and we have the precedent of the home team(Dallas, coincidentally) getting the breaks from last week.

I though it was a catch too.  I wanted the Packers to win (actually more indifferent, but if I had to choose...), but thought Dallas robbed.  Great catch.  I guess the rule supports the decision, but the eye test (for what its worth) tells me that he caught and had possession of the ball before hitting the ground.

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2015, 04:31:02 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Yeah, that really is a terrible rule. That's a catch in my book, just like the Calvin Johnson play from a few seasons ago.

But I have zero sympathy for the Cowboys, screw them. I think I dislike them even more than the Lakers.

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2015, 06:51:13 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Indy looks good today, but hard to judge because Denver looks awful.   Big call to reverse the muffed punt.  Can't see Denver coming back. 

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2015, 06:55:37 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Indy looks good today, but hard to judge because Denver looks awful.   Big call to reverse the muffed punt.  Can't see Denver coming back.

IDK NG, Luck has now thrown two awful picks so far. A quarter+ is more than enough time to make up two scores.

But I hope you're right. :D

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2015, 07:04:21 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens

IDK NG, Luck has now thrown two awful picks so far. A quarter+ is more than enough time to make up two scores.

But I hope you're right. :D

Normal Manning and I'd say yes, but this Manning -- I doubt it.   Just escaped there -- Anderson should have been down twice.  Maybe tide is turning...

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2015, 07:08:23 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

I though it was a catch too.  I wanted the Packers to win (actually more indifferent, but if I had to choose...), but thought Dallas robbed.  Great catch.  I guess the rule supports the decision, but the eye test (for what its worth) tells me that he caught and had possession of the ball before hitting the ground.

The best is when explaining, I think either Aikman or Ferrara, started by saying, "i know common sense says this is a catch."  Then they explain how their rule goes against common sense.

If your rule goes against common sense, then how idiotic does that make you look?
Greg

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2015, 07:16:37 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Just seems to be nothing on Manning's throws.  It's like every long throw Indy can catch up to the ball.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 07:27:27 PM by Neurotic Guy »

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2015, 07:26:22 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1618
  • What a Pub Should Be
Manning staring down his 9th one & done in the playoffs.  Wow. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2015, 07:29:15 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Manning staring down his 9th one & done in the playoffs.  Wow.

And like Foreman after the rope-a-dope, he appears to have nothing left.

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2015, 07:51:25 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Wow what a way to end the season. Broncos looked unstoppable at the start of the season. Remember all of mannings milestones?  Seems do long sgo now.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2015, 08:19:24 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I have a strong dislike for the Cowboys, but that looked like a catch to me, even after several slo-mo replays.

Then again, it could easily be argued that the Cowboys shouldn't have even been there this week after that ridiculous, terrible, reversed pass-interference call last week. So I don't feel sorry for them.

As for the Broncos-Colts game: Could it be that Manning has suddenly taken a career-ending nosedive? The Broncos really struggled in the last several weeks of the season.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2015, 08:27:14 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I have a strong dislike for the Cowboys, but that looked like a catch to me, even after several slo-mo replays.
Of course it's a catch: he has the ball secured and takes 3 steps. How is he not "established as a runner", it doesn't make any sense.

If you want to apply this whole "hasn't made a football move" reasoning in this arbitrary manner, you might as well scrap the entire rulebook and just toss a coin.

This being said, serves the Cowboys well after last week.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2015, 08:30:41 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
That's a dumb rule, but correct call. (Referring to Dez's catch)

Cowboys had their chance though. They let Aaron Rodgers shred them on one leg. Questionable play calling too. Shoulda fed Murray on those 3rd and shorts and 4th and shorts.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6