Author Topic: NFL Playoffs 2014-15  (Read 39543 times)

Re: NFL Playoffs 2014-15
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2015, 07:10:55 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Brilliant move by Belechik with that Edelman throw to Amendola for the touchdown.   

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2015, 07:33:44 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Brilliant move by Belechik with that Edelman throw to Amendola for the touchdown.

Un-brilliant by Pats to not go for field goals (or get no/negative yardage on Baltimore's 35 yd line) and also total egg-laying game by Revis - devastating pass interference at the end of the first half and defensive holding on what would have been a fumble recovery on the 1 yard line. The coverage on Baltimore's first td was pretty lame, too.

This game should be a blowout by the Patriots.

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2015, 08:00:11 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Thank you Harmon! Many mistakes, but big win!

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2015, 08:02:33 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Thank you Harmon! Many mistakes, but big win!

Phew.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2015, 08:06:25 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Wow, what a nailbiter!

Entertaining game for sure
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2015, 08:08:58 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Un-brilliant by Pats to not go for field goals (or get no/negative yardage on Baltimore's 35 yd line) and also total egg-laying game by Revis - devastating pass interference at the end of the first half and defensive holding on what would have been a fumble recovery on the 1 yard line. The coverage on Baltimore's first td was pretty lame, too.

You're right: Bad game for Revis. I usually feel uncomfortable after a win like this, because it shouldn't have been close but it was, and New England made some huge mistakes that nearly cost them—Revis' two penalties robbed them of great field position, Brady's INT near the end of the first half when they couldv'e taken the lead into halftime, kneeling down at the end and giving Baltimore two last chances (the return and then the hail Mary). I'm glad NE won, but it doesn't exactly inspire confidence going into next week's game.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2015, 08:09:55 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
What a game.  Glad it's not a late game because I won't be able to sleep for a while -- so tense.

Amazing win.  Hope Browner and Stork are not out next week.  I had the sound muted so I didn't hear any word on those injuries.  Did they say anything about them?

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2015, 08:10:19 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Great game.

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2015, 08:11:03 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
 3 huge plays by Amendola.   What a geat game for him.

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2015, 08:13:40 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
What a win! Flacco was the qb I was most worried about in Foxboro

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2015, 08:14:44 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

You're right: Bad game for Revis. I usually feel uncomfortable after a win like this, because it shouldn't have been close but it was, and New England made some huge mistakes that nearly cost them—Revis' two penalties robbed them of great field position, Brady's INT near the end of the first half when they couldv'e taken the lead into halftime, kneeling down at the end and giving Baltimore two last chances (the return and then the hail Mary). I'm glad NE won, but it doesn't exactly inspire confidence going into next week's game.

Maybe I'm a "glass half full" kind of guy, but i feel the opposite.

Pats made some huge plays when it seemed like things weren't going easy. Lafell touchdown, Edelman throws a freaking touchdown, and Herron picks off the pass the put the nail in the coffin.

Great win.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2015, 08:18:13 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones

Pats made some huge plays when it seemed like things weren't going easy. Lafell touchdown, Edelman throws a freaking touchdown, and Herron picks off the pass the put the nail in the coffin.

Great win.

Ditto. Now, just fingers crossed on Browner and Stork.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2015, 08:21:51 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Great win.

Seems like you're a positive guy, and that's great, and I'll be the first to admit that I often tend to be more pessimistic about these kinds of things. Yes, it was indeed great that NE hung in there and got the win, and they certainly made some great plays—particularly Gronk, Edelman, and Harmon. I just don't feel great about squeaking out a win, at home, against a lesser team.

But hopefully I'll feel better about next week's game as it approaches.  ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2015, 08:39:24 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2015, 08:59:13 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
From ESPN statistics:

In Tom Brady's career, he has 7 postseason game-winning drives, more than 3 times the amount of any other remaining QB in the playoffs. In fact, if you added up the total game-winning drives in the playoffs from the other 7 QB in the postseason, Flacco, Wilson, Romo, Manning, Luck, Rodgers and Newton they would equal...7...the same amount of game-winning postseason drives as Brady.

With that 1st-quarter rushing score, Tom Brady now leads all active quarterbacks with 5 postseason rush TD.
Celtics fan for life.