Author Topic: We need a star  (Read 6646 times)

Re: We need a star
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2015, 09:57:42 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
The best chance we have at getting a star is by drafting one which means we should tank.
Okafor, Mudiay, and Towns look like they could be stars.  We should be gunning for the fourth seed which looks to be open for the taking.  There should be a few good consolation prizes in Porzingis, Stanley Johnson, and Winslow and WCS would fit our team very well.  I'd be very disappointed if we miss out on those guys. 

Re: We need a star
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2015, 10:32:16 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
I also really believe that Rondo is gonna bolt for the Lakers....I think he's more concerned about Hollywood than being on a good team.

I completely disagree.  I don't see much Hollywood in Rondo.  He doesn't like dealing with the media.  He likes the limelight in big games on the basketball court but not off of it.  Assuming the Lakers don't make any major moves to acquire more talent, I don't see Rondo signing with the Lakers unless they offer him Max money and none of the offers he gets from contenders comes close.  If the Knicks actually want Rondo, I think he'd more likely bolt to them to play with Melo and possibly be a contender in the weak East.   

Let's see...Rondo has been on some talk shows in Hollywood...and tried his hand at broadcasting a game with Gorman (awfully)....I think he wants the spotlight---he also loves the GQ thing.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.