Author Topic: We need a star  (Read 6640 times)

We need a star
« on: January 04, 2015, 03:15:18 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
Ainge needs to go and get a star now because…

1. stars help speed up the rebuilding process.Everyone knows that stars contribute to games day in and day out. they help speed up other young kids development.think about it you get better when you play with others better then yourself. they give you a foundation to build off of and a face for your franchise

2.stars attract stars. we have A LOT of money freeing up. There are a lot of stars in free agency. If we had a young star with a young core and a treasure chest of pick and were offering a star a max. I think he would consider coming to boston don't you.

3.stars make a foundation. Ainge has all the building blocks in the world. He has money,picks and young players. He just has nothing to build on. If he had one star to build around, I think he could make a hell of a team fast.

Do we need to go hunting for a star or wait it out 2 more years in the draft?
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: We need a star
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 03:58:28 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

If Danny could just go out and acquire stars Rondo would still be on the roster.

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 04:02:19 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

If Danny could just go out and acquire stars Rondo would still be on the roster.

Yeah, it's a lot harder than many suggest. Rondo wouldn't have been sold for scraps if we could've went out and got a star to pair with him.

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 04:13:39 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Very unlikely we get someone that is currently a star. More likely we have to draft one or steal an up and coming one in a trade. Either way it will not be easy.  :'(

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 04:16:47 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Emmanuel Mudiay is going to be a star.  Hes gonna be a 20 and 10 assist guy with good defense.  Mark my words

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 04:21:45 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
In other news: A shocking discovery has been made, in which has been determined humans need oxygen, water, and food to survive.

Who knew!?

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 04:23:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
We had several

But traded them off

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 04:36:17 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Right. Lol

Danny isn't looking past stars. It just seems none are available. Or at least for what Ainge is offering.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 04:42:00 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
We had several

But traded them off

What players did we trade that are all-stars this year?

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 04:44:46 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Right. Lol

Danny isn't looking past stars. It just seems none are available. Or at least for what Ainge is offering.

It's not a question of getting stars, we could have had a few if we wanted to, it's a question of committing long term max money to the right stars. I think we dodged a bullet by not getting Kevin Love this summer. The Cavs even with Lebron and Kyrie are struggling because Love is a defensive sieve. If we were going to commit max money to him and Rondo, we would be stuck in mediocrity. Ainge has alluded to this a few times in his interviews, that he wants the right kind of stars, not just any star.

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 04:50:19 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
We had several

But traded them off

What players did we trade that are all-stars this year?

Well, one of them looked like an All-Star versus US this past Friday, lol :'(

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 04:55:40 PM »

Offline 255 Rings

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10

Right. Lol

Yep. But also remember that within this young squad someone might surprise us. I'm leaning on Smart and Young as potential star players. Maybe even Sullinger if he loses weight and muscles up more (like a K. Love/Aldridge build). Nobody thought Jimmy Butler would emerge as a star player in Chicago. He was terrible his first years. Paul George was a steal and took some time to emerge. Even the great Kyle Lowry was pretty bad in the beginning. McLemore looks like he'll be a future star player as well. I believe Brad will make a star player out of one of ours with proper development time. No rushing and no pressure. That's how you stunt a player's development. If he can make freakin' Evan Turner play like a beast I'm sure he'll make a star out of any players we might get in the draft or even in our current roster. I'm not worried about star players, I'm worried about lojams at every position. It's frustratting to see such a mangled mess of a line-up!

It's not a question of getting stars, we could have had a few if we wanted to, it's a question of committing long term max money to the right stars. I think we dodged a bullet by not getting Kevin Love this summer. The Cavs even with Lebron and Kyrie are struggling because Love is a defensive sieve. If we were going to commit max money to him and Rondo, we would be stuck in mediocrity. Ainge has alluded to this a few times in his interviews, that he wants the right kind of stars, not just any star.

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 04:56:59 PM »

Offline 255 Rings

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
Sorry, I put the font where it didn't belong LOL.

Also remember that within this young squad someone might surprise us. I'm leaning on Smart and Young as potential star players. Maybe even Sullinger if he loses weight and muscles up more (like a K. Love/Aldridge build). Nobody thought Jimmy Butler would emerge as a star player in Chicago. He was terrible his first years. Paul George was a steal and took some time to emerge. Even the great Kyle Lowry was pretty bad in the beginning. McLemore looks like he'll be a future star player as well. I believe Brad will make a star player out of one of ours with proper development time. No rushing and no pressure. That's how you stunt a player's development. If he can make freakin' Evan Turner play like a beast I'm sure he'll make a star out of any players we might get in the draft or even in our current roster. I'm not worried about star players, I'm worried about lojams at every position. It's frustratting to see such a mangled mess of a line-up!

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 04:59:57 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Sorry, I put the font where it didn't belong LOL.

Also remember that within this young squad someone might surprise us. I'm leaning on Smart and Young as potential star players. Maybe even Sullinger if he loses weight and muscles up more (like a K. Love/Aldridge build). Nobody thought Jimmy Butler would emerge as a star player in Chicago. He was terrible his first years. Paul George was a steal and took some time to emerge. Even the great Kyle Lowry was pretty bad in the beginning. McLemore looks like he'll be a future star player as well. I believe Brad will make a star player out of one of ours with proper development time. No rushing and no pressure. That's how you stunt a player's development. If he can make freakin' Evan Turner play like a beast I'm sure he'll make a star out of any players we might get in the draft or even in our current roster. I'm not worried about star players, I'm worried about lojams at every position. It's frustratting to see such a mangled mess of a line-up!

I agree, but that's because the roster is a work in progress as Ainge collects assets and Stevens tries to develop them. It's really frustrating for the vets on the roster, Green and Bass in particular, which is why I expect them to be gone soon, Thorton and Nelson too. Turner has been developing well under Brad though, and I think Sullinger and KO will continue to improve. Bradley is a lost cause, he is what he is.

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2015, 05:08:37 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

Right. Lol

The Cavs are struggling because they a very poor defense team overall.  Love is a poor defender but so is Kyrie.  Lebron's defense effort has been poor as well.  I don't buy the argument that we'd be stuck in mediocrity if we'd been able to pair Love with Rondo.  Ainge would have still had plenty of assets to acquire more talent and a Rondo/Love pairing would have been attractive to free agents.  There are a number of defensive centers that might have been obtainable to offset Love's defense shortcomings.  As it is now, it looks like we're going to be stuck in a long rebuild for the foreseeable future.