Author Topic: Green for Isaiah Thomas and TJ Warren  (Read 4789 times)

Green for Isaiah Thomas and TJ Warren
« on: January 04, 2015, 12:15:24 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
This works and it really depends on how much the Suns think of TJ Warren long-term:

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6549438

I am biased as I am an NC State fan (my older brother and my daughter graduated from their Chemical Engineering program) and I therefore got to see a LOT of TJ.  He can flat score the ball and score it efficiently.  He does NOT have consistent NBA 3-point range yet, but I truly think he can develop that.  He is an average to slightly below average defender, but is a good rebounder for a SF and does seemingly have long arms.

Would we have to give up a second rounder or two here?  IDK.

Thoughts??

Smitty77

Re: Green for Isaiah Thomas and TJ Warren
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 12:27:26 PM »

Offline Behaviorla

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
I agree this would be a great trade for us.  Green's expiring deal gives the great flexibility to re-sign  Dragic and strengthens their playoff run this year.  Thomas arrives with a very reasonable contract for a scoring point guard we coul really use.  Even if Warren cost us a second round pick or two, he is well worth the investment.

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 12:41:30 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I like this. Solid trade idea. TP

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 12:45:33 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Can't see the Suns buying this.  They would lose two pieces they're guaranteed to control for several years for a guy in Jeff Green who could leave them in just a few months.  I'd expect them to demand several draft picks.

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 06:20:37 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
I would give them the Clippers first rounder most likely.  I like TJ that much and I think that Thomas has been underrated since coming into the NBA.

Smitty77

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 06:29:06 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Suns aren't doing this. Even if we add a late first.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 06:33:17 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I could be talked into this, rather have R. Jackson though. Maybe IT to OKC and we get Jackson ;D

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 06:37:51 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I'd rather trade Bradley for Thomas and the Minnesota 1st (which is protected and will likely become two 2nds like the Philly pick.)

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 06:50:11 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Can't see the Suns buying this.  They would lose two pieces they're guaranteed to control for several years for a guy in Jeff Green who could leave them in just a few months.  I'd expect them to demand several draft picks.

I don't know if it's just rumors, but I thought once PHX signed Bledsoe, they and IT experienced buyer's and signer's remorse respectively. Despite IT's reasonable deal, they may be looking to free up money to keep Dragic this summer. If they can do that and improve their team in the short run, they may consider it. Sounds like a plausible lateral move to me.

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 07:04:52 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
The salaries work here (once we're allowed to trade Wright and Nelson with other players):

Isaiah Thomas, P.J. Tucker and T.J. Warren for Jeff Green, Jameer Nelson and Brandan Wright

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 07:13:55 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

I don't know if it's just rumors, but I thought once PHX signed Bledsoe, they and IT experienced buyer's and signer's remorse respectively. Despite IT's reasonable deal, they may be looking to free up money to keep Dragic this summer. If they can do that and improve their team in the short run, they may consider it. Sounds like a plausible lateral move to me.

There has been a lot of talk that IT is unhappy with how things worked out in Phoenix. I imagine both the Suns and Thomas' agent thought they wouldn't sign Bledsoe, but now that they did IT is unhappy. If they want to keep Dragic this summer, they will have to move Thomas or Bledsoe, and moving Thomas makes the most sense.

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 07:22:41 PM »

Offline Dog_Lover106

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
This works and it really depends on how much the Suns think of TJ Warren long-term:

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6549438

I am biased as I am an NC State fan (my older brother and my daughter graduated from their Chemical Engineering program) and I therefore got to see a LOT of TJ.  He can flat score the ball and score it efficiently.  He does NOT have consistent NBA 3-point range yet, but I truly think he can develop that.  He is an average to slightly below average defender, but is a good rebounder for a SF and does seemingly have long arms.

Would we have to give up a second rounder or two here?  IDK.

Thoughts??

Smitty77
Why again would the Suns do this?

BTW, Warren has unlimited shooting range. He has been hurt and has not gotten a lot of time, but check out his first two "rehab starts" in the NBADL. Went for 42 in his first game.

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 07:34:44 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

There has been a lot of talk that IT is unhappy with how things worked out in Phoenix. I imagine both the Suns and Thomas' agent thought they wouldn't sign Bledsoe, but now that they did IT is unhappy. If they want to keep Dragic this summer, they will have to move Thomas or Bledsoe, and moving Thomas makes the most sense.

They will keep Dragic.  That's a given.

It should be noted that based on the info Hoopshype has for Bledsoe's salary, he currently fits into the Rondo trade exception (unless there's a trade kicker).  I don't love Hoopshype's numbers, as they have been known to round their numbers, and Bledsoe fits by all of $9,000, but if Phoenix is moving someone, and I agree they will, maybe Bledsoe will be the guy?  Fitting under the trade exception means the salaries for whomever the Celtics sent back wouldn't have to match with Bledsoe.  I know everyone around here is obsessed with trading Jeff Green, but something makes me think Phoenix would be more interested in someone like Bradley who plays off-guard as part of a three-guard rotation.

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 08:02:20 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
The salaries work here (once we're allowed to trade Wright and Nelson with other players):

Isaiah Thomas, P.J. Tucker and T.J. Warren for Jeff Green, Jameer Nelson and Brandan Wright

The Suns are NOT giving up PJ.  He is 29th in plus/minus for SF's and Jeff Green is 71st.  I do think they would be VERY interested in Wright and even Green for his ability to score in transition.  Jeff would likely fit well in Phoenix!!

Smitty77

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2015, 09:44:24 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
no interest in another 3 years of IT.  he's not the answer at PG.  it'll either be Smart or another draftee.  no interest in paying for a short PG that's defensively challenged playing taller PGs