2 (22.2%)
so-so
2 (22.2%)
not reasonable
2 (22.2%)
horrible trade
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Trade Idea for star based on non tanking idea's  (Read 1084 times)

Trade Idea for star based on non tanking idea's
« on: January 03, 2015, 03:06:11 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
3 team trade
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ofk7v4y

boston gives  the brookline 2016 first round pick and the clippers 2015 first round pick to brookline while shedding the gerald wallace contract. phoenix also gets jaw crowder.  His defense will help them in the sf position.

why boston
well we make a step in the right direction. bledsoe will play the point with bradley at the 2 and smart as the 6th man. eventually I think smart will go to starting sg and be a good pairing with bledsoe. bledsoe is 25 and signed to a 5 year deal. he is a border line all-star who will soon be a star. we need free agents to help speed this up. I still say we trade green,bass,wright and anyone not here for the long haul.
by trading jeff green and the others I think we will still be a top ten pick. If needed we can give up a first or two and trade up in the draft to get a really good center. Then we hit the open market with a lot of cash and a future in bledsoe,smart,olynyk,sully and zeller. I want to go after butler offer him a max and a chance to be with a group of young all-stars.

why phoenix
well they have big man troubles and an extra pg. they fix their big man troubles with brook lopez. they also strengthen their sf with jaw crowder

why brookline
they have no need for lopez they have given up on their big three. they have a young center and are looking to trade all three. they get their pick back and another one to help them rebuild.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 03:20:19 PM by Hawkeye199 »
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: Trade Idea for star based on non tanking idea's
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 03:43:22 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
3 team trade
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ofk7v4y

boston gives  the brookline 2016 first round pick and the clippers 2015 first round pick to brookline while shedding the gerald wallace contract. phoenix also gets jaw crowder.  His defense will help them in the sf position.

why boston
well we make a step in the right direction. bledsoe will play the point with bradley at the 2 and smart as the 6th man. eventually I think smart will go to starting sg and be a good pairing with bledsoe. bledsoe is 25 and signed to a 5 year deal. he is a border line all-star who will soon be a star. we need free agents to help speed this up. I still say we trade green,bass,wright and anyone not here for the long haul.
by trading jeff green and the others I think we will still be a top ten pick. If needed we can give up a first or two and trade up in the draft to get a really good center. Then we hit the open market with a lot of cash and a future in bledsoe,smart,olynyk,sully and zeller. I want to go after butler offer him a max and a chance to be with a group of young all-stars.

why phoenix
well they have big man troubles and an extra pg. they fix their big man troubles with brook lopez. they also strengthen their sf with jaw crowder

why brookline
they have no need for lopez they have given up on their big three. they have a young center and are looking to trade all three. they get their pick back and another one to help them rebuild.

Brookline only has the Brookline Warriors, no Nets there.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

Re: Trade Idea for star based on non tanking idea's
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 04:01:40 PM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
I don't see Phoenix doing this at all.

Yes, they have three point guards, but they play multiple point guards at the same time so it's not as big of a glut as you would think.

Also, Bledsoe would be the last one they deal. He is locked up long term. Dragic is going to opt out at the end of this season and will have multiple suitors. While, I think Phoenix will keep him, there is a possibility that this deal results in Phoenix with Tyler Ennis starting at the point next season. While I like Ennis, that's a big downgrade from where they are now.

Thomas is not a starting point guard. He is instant offense off the bench, but even when he was putting up stats in Sacramento, the Kings couldn't move on from him fast enough.

And have you solved their big man issues with Lopez? A man recently benched by a mediocre Eastern Conference team? A man with an injury history only a podiatrist could love? I don't think I am convinced that I want him starting over Alex Len at this point and certainly not for $15M+

I think Phoenix nixes this deal. The other two, IMHO would be fine with it. However, I think the Celtics would like to subsitute out the 2016 Brooklyn pick with the 2018 pick. Why help them make our future assets less valuable. Let's cash in that 2016 pick first.

Actually, that's wrong. The Celtics wouldn't be fine with it. They would be absolutely giddy. Two lower firsts is basically the price it would take just to get rid of Wallace and two high firsts is probably  not enough for Bledsoe alone.

Go ahead and throw the 16 Cavs pick and some second rounders to Phoenix to try to sway them. I still don't think they move Bledsoe, though.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 04:08:03 PM by Depalma2002 »