Author Topic: Green to pelicans idea  (Read 4330 times)

Re: Green to pelicans idea
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2015, 02:41:52 PM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17

Trade Wallace and Bass .....

Trade Wallace?

Why? You are not expecting to get anything are you. Trading Wallace means giving up at least 1 and more likely, 2 first round picks and/or taking a lesser bad contract in return.

Bass. Sure, if they can find someone to give us any type of value that makes it worthwhile. At 6.7M there are not a lot of teams that have a matching mid-range expiring salary. So it means, most likely we have to take 2 or 3 multiple bodies and waive 1 or 2 current players off our roster to make the necessary room. All this to maybe get another second round pick.

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2015, 02:48:02 PM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
I 'd rather have Green than Gordon.   I think some team will want to deal for him during the trade line and it will be a better deal than this one.

I look at his proposal as Gordon for Wallace (the two bad contracts running the same length) and Green for an unprotected first round pick from a team that is not a lock to be in the playoffs in the next couple of years.

I put the chances of the Celtics getting better than an unprotected first round pick from a team that hasn't been in the playoffs in three/four years at close to 0.

Where do you see the better offers coming from?

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2015, 02:52:18 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
This could work too with NYC

Knicks get Green, Thornton and Bass
Celts get Shump and Amar'e

On NBA TV they were saying Melo could be out the rest of the season so Green steps in at SF.

The Knicks would not be interested. They're tanking their season and it's kind of getting under my skin. At this point their doing it on purpose. If they were a 5th seed in the east Melo would not be shut down. They're shutting him down to get a head-start on his recovery since the Knicks are garbage as usual. And also to secure a top Lottery pick. They're either going to keep the player or trade him like Cleveland did Wiggins to get Love. ????

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2015, 03:51:23 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
100 percent i would do this deal, quite frankly its in our interest to help the pelicans in the hope of lowering the clippers and mavs picks. The mavs ofcourse would have to be knoucked out of the playoffs for the cs to get their pick

i would do this deal even if they would not accept wallace out and had to sub thornton in, added to this i would still do the deal if the cs had to send brandan there for austin and ajinca

i don't see picking up gordon contract as a big issue as we are well below the cap for next year and are probably better off staying away from free agency and overspending on average talent

also i'd like to stick it to the rockets for backing out of the asik deal