Author Topic: get dwight powell back  (Read 2880 times)

get dwight powell back
« on: January 03, 2015, 07:32:41 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Had monster night for dallas d league ,over 20pts and 20 rebounds, while wright looked lost and weak last night.At the moment this team looks sabotaged ,Just when they looked to be jelling and K.O was aggressive and hitting his shots with green playing more consistently.Every time i have watched powell ,he performed and was improving at a rapid rate.What a mess this team has become since trade,bad enough losing rondo but the parts received don't fit.Green feels gone,bass gone ,wright a chip,,wallace just sits,nelson toooo old.How can a jumper like wright not rebound,box out and not look inspired-know wonder dallas wanted powell ,so did I.

Re: get dwight powell back
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 08:23:38 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Imagine going through Christmas after the trade,knowing you might be next.With thoughts like when will it happen,what team it will be ,gotta sell house,kids will not want to leave school ,dam i like this town.I'm scoring double figures,i'm in prime.i'm athletic and stable ,do my job and they throw 3 new guys in that don't even know our names,don't know the plays and get me the ball late.While sitting on bench thoughts like i'm better ,hope they screw up bad and we lose,That guy is over the hill,that gut can't shoot ,that guy is getting pushed all over the place.Now i gotta watch a rondo tribute,i won't get one -i wonder when, to where ,crap gotta sell the house ,the kids will hate me ,my wife will hate me -darn i missed that shot -idiot didn't get me the ball on time again.Old bald guys,skinny guys ,non shooters,dreds,long haired white guys that can't jump-i gotta get out of here, this is a zoo-crap i gotta sell the house- looks like no sex again for a month
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 08:29:45 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 08:45:41 AM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
I'm sure that if Wright was sent to the d-league, he would average same numbers.

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 09:35:44 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
D league means very little, didn't guys like Babb do well there, and we know how they did in the regular league.

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 09:44:16 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The earliest the Celtics can reacquire Powell is July 1.  If he is waived by Dallas, Boston still has to wait until after the season to bring him back.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 10:14:58 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Had monster night for dallas d league ,over 20pts and 20 rebounds, while wright looked lost and weak last night.At the moment this team looks sabotaged ,Just when they looked to be jelling and K.O was aggressive and hitting his shots with green playing more consistently.Every time i have watched powell ,he performed and was improving at a rapid rate.What a mess this team has become since trade,bad enough losing rondo but the parts received don't fit.Green feels gone,bass gone ,wright a chip,,wallace just sits,nelson toooo old.How can a jumper like wright not rebound,box out and not look inspired-know wonder dallas wanted powell ,so did I.

You do realize Rondo quit playing hard for the C's a LONG time ago.  Right?  And u rooted for Rondo against the C's?  THEN GO TO THE MAVS FORUM U TRAITOR!

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 10:45:49 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Powell has only played extremely well in any situation he's been in. I agree that we shouldn't have gave him up.  He always looked like someone that can play in the NBA.

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 11:57:49 AM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
Didn't Fab Melo have about 20 blocks in a D-League game once? Can't put all your beans in D-League stats. Works for some, not for all. Nothing is being asked of Powell right not except to play in garbage time like last night. Stevens is trying to work a new player into rotational minutes. I'll cut Wright some slack.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 12:27:06 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
re watched the game which i saw in middle of night in England and wright didn't play as bad as i thought ,some shots were altered and he is just getting used to team mates and offense-its just i'm a fan of Bass ,Jeff Green and think Turner has changed his game and now plays decent d."i did not root for rondo".I was busy watching Turner to see if he can play point guard in future-thats two games he has put out both ends of court and played in control .my starting 5 is still zeller, green, sullinger/ olynck,turner and bradley---and i watched every red claws game powell played not for young but to watch powell development and liked the way he moved his feet and runs the court,nice shot good vertical-we lost a good one ,i wonder where he would place in this years draft.

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 02:53:29 PM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
I'm sure that if Wright was sent to the d-league, he would average same numbers.

In the first half

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 11:22:19 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
a bump.
just wrapping up the boston-dallas trade. some folks lamented including powell, i know i wanted the celtics to hold on to him if possible. but all in all, the trade still worked out for the celtics.

now that we have the entire season to look over powell, it should give us all perspective on him as a player. for the season, celtics and mavs combined, our dear and departed friend powell's final season stats per game read:

min  8.1
pts   3.1
rbs   1.7
ast   0.3
foul  1.4

pretty much a non-entity and end of bench player. good move by ainge.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva