Author Topic: Celtics (11-19) at Bulls (23-10) Game #31 1/3/15  (Read 59726 times)

Re: Celtics (11-19) at Bulls (23-10) Game #31 1/3/15
« Reply #405 on: January 03, 2015, 11:06:09 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Evan Turner played really well. Glad we signed him.

Didn't like Jeff's game tonight. Good rebound numbers but the rest looked kinda weak.

Are we seriously sticking with Phil Pressey? The dude tries hard and all but he cannot shoot and makes me cringe every time he's on the floor. 30% shooter. 20% from 3. I can't take this team seriously with him in the roster.

« Reply #406 on: January 03, 2015, 11:08:14 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
As a Greek I sure have a taste for heroic defeats (hey, we even invented the term). Put in a historical perspective, this is just a minor misfortune.
TPs who all who watched this to the end.

« Reply #407 on: January 03, 2015, 11:15:14 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The Bulls had a block fest of Sully in overtime, did anyone notice that he was shorter than Gerald Wallace when they were talking.   That would make him 6-7 in height despite being listed at 6-9.  Played well tonight, but so did Gasol, great hands to send it to overtime.

Green did look poor at times in the OT.  Bradley put together another nice game.  Crowder might have found a home here, love his effort.

« Reply #408 on: January 03, 2015, 11:15:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Crowder brought constant energy, and defense and had a couple of offensive flurries. Gave the team great minutes. Outplayed Green for the most part. Sully had a very good game.

Trade Green.

Go with Crowder and Young.

crowder is a better defender than Green.    Offensively doesn't try to do too much. But i feel he has more skills than he has shown. Looking fwd to see him become a realiable outside shooter

James Young is just a skilled player. I been following what he has been doing in the D league. He has a nasty step back jumper . Needs very little time and room before getting it off.   He knows how to score with that little space avail like Pierce can (step back jump shot, dribble stop and pop, floater etc.).  Green on the other hand is 1 or 0. He has a very weak mid range game.   Weak left hand.

I think we can get a 1st from somebody. Clippers are interested but we already have their 2015 1st.  If Derozan goes out again, Raptors could bite.  Maybe pry off a 1st from Memphis.

« Reply #409 on: January 03, 2015, 11:19:34 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
ROFL
Just read this on Twitter
Stevens on Evan Turner's big 2nd half and what happened at halftime. "No words from me. He might gotten a text from his Mom, I don't know.

At least he is keeping his sense of humor.

I think we found a point guard.
perhaps, but 7 turn overs is a lot, be they cherry, apple, or cheese. i still am not confident that turner can be THE pg for the celtics game after game. but it looks as if CBS may give turner the time for us all to find out. should be interesting.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #410 on: January 03, 2015, 11:20:06 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
The Bulls had a block fest of Sully in overtime, did anyone notice that he was shorter than Gerald Wallace when they were talking.   That would make him 6-7 in height despite being listed at 6-9.  Played well tonight, but so did Gasol, great hands to send it to overtime.
This is the biggest problem with Sully.  Even if he has position and grabs an offensive rebound, guys with length can contest him and block his shot.  Not sure you can have that type of guy on the court at the end of games and be able to win consistently.

« Reply #411 on: January 03, 2015, 11:21:15 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
Crowder brought constant energy, and defense and had a couple of offensive flurries. Gave the team great minutes. Outplayed Green for the most part. Sully had a very good game.

Trade Green.

Go with Crowder and Young.

crowder is a better defender than Green.    Offensively doesn't try to do too much. But i feel he has more skills than he has shown. Looking fwd to see him become a realiable outside shooter

James Young is just a skilled player. I been following what he has been doing in the D league. He has a nasty step back jumper . Needs very little time and room before getting it off.   He knows how to score with that little space avail like Pierce can (step back jump shot, dribble stop and pop, floater etc.).  Green on the other hand is 1 or 0. He has a very weak mid range game.   Weak left hand.

I think we can get a 1st from somebody. Clippers are interested but we already have their 2015 1st.  If Derozan goes out again, Raptors could bite.  Maybe pry off a 1st from Memphis.
based upon reports on crowder, he never lacks for effort and plays very good defense. so far what i have seen of him backs this up.

he trouble has been on offense. doesnt have much ability to create his own shot and isnt all that reliable of a shooter. but if he can develop a good 3 point shot he will have a good career.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #412 on: January 03, 2015, 11:22:13 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
As a Greek I sure have a taste for heroic defeats (hey, we even invented the term). Put in a historical perspective, this is just a minor misfortune.

and a tp for your heroic images...by the way, is this a selfie?  ;D
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #413 on: January 03, 2015, 11:27:00 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

and a tp for your heroic images...by the way, is this a selfie?  ;D
The King himself at Sparta. Before the Hollywood movie he used to be less muscular  ;D

« Reply #414 on: January 03, 2015, 11:32:11 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
This is the biggest problem with Sully.  Even if he has position and grabs an offensive rebound, guys with length can contest him and block his shot.  Not sure you can have that type of guy on the court at the end of games and be able to win consistently.
I think Sully is ultimately going to have to learn to play quicker and not bulkier. He has great instincts around the hoop and his faraway jumper is getting pretty decent but he's always gonna be too short. Maybe he can mimick some of Paul Milsap's game.

« Reply #415 on: January 03, 2015, 11:32:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Send Young back

Please

« Reply #416 on: January 04, 2015, 01:52:56 AM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
another loss for okafor misson accomplished

« Reply #417 on: January 04, 2015, 02:18:10 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Tommy's animated. ;D

He was the polar opposite of Brad as far as refs are concerned...lol

is ;) ;D

Chicago has always gotten away with murder, and, maybe it's just me, but I find it hilarious that a supposed contender needs a 28-14 advantage in fouls and 29 more free throw attempts to beat our crap team at the United Center by 5 points, lol.  Why do we give them so much trouble?  Turner seems to love playing against Chicago, and in Chicago, so that's nice to see, and, despite his turnovers, he pretty much put us on his back when we were down, so, yeah.  I'll take it.  He's not a starting point guard, obviously, but I think he's shown that he can be a devastating 6th man given his versatility.  Rose looked like trash, aside from that crossover on Bradley.  I just have one question - who is worse at going left - Jeff Green or Rose, lol? ;D Seriously, send Rose to his left hand and see what happens.  Green can barely dribble, lol, let alone go to the left, and his losing of the dribble against Gibson pretty much summed up his night, haha, aside from the air balls.  Ugh. 

Btw, does anyone else think that Aaron Brooks has been better, or at least much more consistent, than Rose so far this year?  I know, it sounds ridiculous until you see the two of them play, lol.  What a great pickup for Chicago.

« Reply #418 on: January 04, 2015, 05:30:41 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
I've just watched this game without checking the result before. With the dreadful Bulls announcers. To the end.

A couple of points - can we loosen the forum language rules in regards to officiating? Just a bit?
I know we can't but this was as one-sided as I've ever seen.

For those saying we were not aggressive and mostly jumpshooting - we have 50 points in the paint. That's more than the Bulls have. 14 fouls on the Bulls?! With the constant grabbing and "they can't call it all" action? Well, they can - on the opposing team.

And I am not only complaining we should have gotten way more FTs. The Bull should have gotten less! That Smart 3p foul on Brooks?! At least 2 of Zellers fouls on Gasol?!

Oh, well.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #419 on: January 04, 2015, 06:12:29 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
It is easy to go at Green's game or Turner's last minutes, but (forgetting the blatant officiating) I felt we lost this one as a team on the boards.

A couple of times Sully or Zeller were left rebounding against 2 or 3 Bulls. That just cannot happen.

8 OB are on their guards!

Last complain - it was a game I'd expected to see Oly in. Try to stretch the Bulls a bit - try and take Gasol and Noah out of the paint.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."