Author Topic: Celtics/Heat trade idea  (Read 2125 times)

Celtics/Heat trade idea
« on: January 01, 2015, 10:08:20 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Green and Zeller
for
Granger/Shabazz Napier/Josh McRoberts

FIXED: Accidentally typed in Shabazz Mohammad of the TWolves.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 11:38:14 AM by gpap »

Re: Celtics/Heat trade idea
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 10:12:44 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Doesn't Shabazz play for the Twolves?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 10:16:50 PM »

Offline Skywalker2.0

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 247
Green and Zeller
for
Granger/Shabazz Mohammed/Josh McRoberts

Good idea, but I don't know if the Celtics would trade their best scorer and a solid young center for two washed up vets and someone who was a late first in last years draft (assuming you mean Napier).

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 10:23:22 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I would hate this trade. Napier is an old rookie (only a few months younger than Bradley) who has limited upside, Granger will probably be out of the league sooner rather than later, and McRob is out for the season and only adds to our glut of 4's. Not to mention this deal hurts us cap wise. McRob is signed through 2018 and Granger through 2016.

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 10:51:08 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Green, Nelson for Norris Cole, James Ennis

Salary won't match, so thats the problem.  James Ennis looks like the real deal

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 10:57:33 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Guys, Granger's not washed up.  I thought that he was done, too, but Miami's medical staff has been Phoenix-esque, lol.  They had him lose weight and strengthen the muscles around his knees, and the results have been amazing over the past two weeks (and yes, I realize that I've just recently posted these exact same sentiments in at least one other thread, haha.  Sorry about that.).  Go look up his stats - his shooting percentages are incredible.  Bird should have kept him.  They were so close!  Ugh.  Seriously, he's not just shooting it well, he's taking guys off the dribble and hitting step-backs and fadeaways.  I can't remember - is there a comeback player of the year award, or is that just a pundit thing, because if he keeps it up, Granger would certainly get my vote, lol.

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 09:36:54 AM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Guys, Granger's not washed up.  I thought that he was done, too, but Miami's medical staff has been Phoenix-esque, lol.  They had him lose weight and strengthen the muscles around his knees, and the results have been amazing over the past two weeks (and yes, I realize that I've just recently posted these exact same sentiments in at least one other thread, haha.  Sorry about that.).  Go look up his stats - his shooting percentages are incredible.  Bird should have kept him.  They were so close!  Ugh.  Seriously, he's not just shooting it well, he's taking guys off the dribble and hitting step-backs and fadeaways.  I can't remember - is there a comeback player of the year award, or is that just a pundit thing, because if he keeps it up, Granger would certainly get my vote, lol.

He has been shooting out of this world lately. Something like 6 of 7 from three against the Magic recently.

However, he is 31, has a worrisome injury history, and most importantly, can opt out after this season. He is looking like a bargain for Miami right now for sure. However, he is likely to be less of a bargain next season if his play and health hold up as that contract is likely to triple.

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 09:40:01 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Green and Zeller
for
Granger/Shabazz Mohammed/Josh McRoberts
Shabazz plays for Minnesota...McRoberts out for the season..and Granger health is too risky
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 09:45:28 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Zeller has been excellent for the C's.  At a position of massive need.
Better get more if you trade him. 

Zeller is the perfect starting center for the Celtics until someone in the next
draft takes his starting role.  Or Gasol does.   :)

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 11:53:14 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Fixed it.

Meant to say Napier, NOT Mohammad.

Essentially the way you can sell it is you put together a back-court of Smart and Napier, while adding a decent power forward McRobers (Sully and Olynyk come off the bench or you can use one in another trade) and a wing in Granger, who while injury prone, can still score.

Unfortutnately, McRoberts is out for the season this year.

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 12:24:51 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

You're getting really carried away by him having 4 good shooting games. 62 of his 103 total points have come from these 4 games. His knees are completely shot. He might be feeling good recently, but bad knees like his always rear their ugly head. Do you think he wasn't working out his quads or hamstrings before? Do you think this is some revolutionary technique that Indiana and LAC didn't have knowledge of? I would be willing to bet you TP's that he won't duplicate 62 pts over 4 games the rest of the year.

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2015, 12:28:36 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Green, Nelson for Norris Cole, James Ennis

Salary won't match, so thats the problem.  James Ennis looks like the real deal

Ennis and Cole are two players that are older than you think. Pass.