Author Topic: Mavs (28-10) at Celtics (11-18) Game #30 1/2/15  (Read 71567 times)

Re: Mavs (28-10) at Celtics (11-18) Game #30 1/2/15
« Reply #495 on: January 02, 2015, 10:54:33 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
How long do you think it will take Marcus Smart to return from the severe beating he took tonight?

I like RR even if I am mad at him right now but I am a Celtics fan, I want the best for OUR players... why anyone would find any satisfaction in our players getting bested by an opponent is so weird to me. Also, RR torched AB most of any player... Smart put up no defense against him either but RR was a man on a mission, no one stopped him and we put all of our guards on him at least once.
I would have loved Smart to play well tonight, or really any night.

Then where were you all of those nights Rondo played half-assed?

« Reply #496 on: January 02, 2015, 11:03:08 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
How long do you think it will take Marcus Smart to return from the severe beating he took tonight?

I like RR even if I am mad at him right now but I am a Celtics fan, I want the best for OUR players... why anyone would find any satisfaction in our players getting bested by an opponent is so weird to me. Also, RR torched AB most of any player... Smart put up no defense against him either but RR was a man on a mission, no one stopped him and we put all of our guards on him at least once.

probably watching the miami series

« Reply #497 on: January 02, 2015, 11:07:06 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

probably watching the miami series
Hahaha that totally makes sense now! TP!

« Reply #498 on: January 03, 2015, 01:49:50 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Speaking about Monta Ellis, he's on the books for 2 years for Avery Bradley type money ($8.3 million, $8.7 million)... just in case you wondered.

Yeah I wonder if Ellis suffered from the stigma of smallish score first guards having the rep for not helping teams win, or if that's just something that nerds on blogs say. Either way, what a huge steal for a UFA.
I thought it was pretty clear that he could both play SG and provide playmaking skills (5+ assists for 4 consecutive seasons before the Mavs picked him up) legitimately. It wasn't like he came out of nowhere.

True, but they hated him in Milwaukee(again, going off of Real GM posters). He basically got the same deal as Jennings. It's hard to say what the league thought of him. On one hand, the Warriors were able to get Bogut for him; on the other hand, why didn't somebody offer him more than 8 something and 3 years?
I can't explain this. Brandon Jennings is horrible. Ellis scored 20 points per pop in his age 22 season, shooting 53% from the floor and putting in 37 minutes per game. He had a subpar season in Milwaukee, but that was on a team where the third best player was Irsan Ilyasova. Heck, they played Mbah-a-Moute and Udoh a combined 2600 minutes(!).
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #499 on: January 03, 2015, 06:41:30 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
The chances of a player with 27% at the 3pt hitting 4 in a row are 0.27 to the fourth, ie 0.5%, ie once every two hundred games. It was our lucky night I guess.

« Reply #500 on: January 03, 2015, 07:12:55 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
This game was worse of all the games losing the Championship players.  Maybe because he was the last .

Now all hope is lost .

« Reply #501 on: January 03, 2015, 07:35:46 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

I was reading all those threads going after all the other Celtics players that were playing like that. Remember those? Neither do I.  Remember the year the big three all coasted all the way till the playoffs and Sheed just kept jacking up threes and collecting checks? Where were all the trade Paul Pierce threads? Trade KG? 
Then the guy comes back from a snapped ACL and they manage his minutes and in two obvious tanking years he coasted. I am shocked! Shocked to find an NBA player that would do that.
I get that Rondo had bad nights and took nights off as opposed to the Kobes of the world that play sooooooo hard eeevvvveerrry game neeevvverr pass in order to pad their stats. But quite a lot of other players coast and take nights off. Pops leaves guys like Duncan at home and does the coasting for them. It's ok. Look at a guy's average. It's ok. It's not football with a 16 game season.