Author Topic: James Young back on the court..  (Read 16544 times)

James Young back on the court..
« on: December 29, 2014, 03:48:58 AM »

Offline Yenohb

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 73
Gotta love the signature move - step back three..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaXuygoDh6I

Re: James Young back on the court..
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 04:00:29 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

we can use Young.  After the trade deadline he should get some time. He needs experience

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 04:24:59 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I know it's not the type of experience you mean, but I think having him play as many games as possible in the D League will be good for him.

I have high hopes for him, he's got an NBA body and a willingness to shoot. I think if the Red Claws are doing defensive rotations similar to Stevens' then Young will be ready sooner than later.

At this time next year I picture him having a Thornton/Turner role. The year after hopefully he supplants Bradley and we can trade AB.

That's a bit far away, and probably a little too in depth analysis based on the highlights from one game.

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 04:49:57 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I know it's not the type of experience you mean, but I think having him play as many games as possible in the D League will be good for him.

I have high hopes for him, he's got an NBA body and a willingness to shoot. I think if the Red Claws are doing defensive rotations similar to Stevens' then Young will be ready sooner than later.

At this time next year I picture him having a Thornton/Turner role. The year after hopefully he supplants Bradley and we can trade AB.

That's a bit far away, and probably a little too in depth analysis based on the highlights from one game.

Unfortunately from the D league games I've watched defense appears to be optional much of the time.  I'm hoping AB is traded a lot sooner (say January 15) than a couple years.   

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 08:24:00 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Give him as much pt in dleague as possible.
When bradley (please) thornton turner mess is traded/figured out I'm all for give the kid pro minutes.  the season is done so why not
might be nice to see him and green working together

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 08:34:35 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

we can use Young.  After the trade deadline he should get some time. He needs experience

Yep. I fully expect him to be a rotational player after the trade deadline. It will likely take until then to clear the space for him, however. Green and Nelson are probably the best bets to go in uncluttering the backcourt for him. Thornton would be great to move too, but his contract will probably keep that from happening. Bass and Wright going would probably only help in getting him onto the 13-man active roster.

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 09:10:06 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I REALLY hope Young continues to work on his game and his defense. He is an elite shooter with great athleticism and length (especially for a SG). A lot of times these types of guys get cocky and don't do much to improve their game once they reach the NBA, but I don't see that same attitude in Young. If any of Smart's work ethic can rub off on him, then we may be looking back in a couple of years at one of the top 3-5 players in this draft.

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 09:39:47 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I think if the Red Claws are doing defensive rotations similar to Stevens' then Young will be ready sooner than later.
Stevens is doing defensive rotations? That's a good one.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 09:44:13 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

I agree the D-League has been great for his development and confidence but after some deadline deals I would like to see him get 15+ MPG off the bench. I think he has more potential as a perimeter scorer then any young player the Cs have had since drafting Joe Johnson. If the D comes around DA may have found the steal of this draft.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 10:07:12 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
This kid is a potential bright spot for the Celtics. Let him get his legs back in the D League then bring him up.

Give him short minutes at first to get his feet wet, then give him some good minutes 15-18 minutes per. Barring injury interruptions he will be the replacement for AB or Green when we loose him.

This team needs hope, and I mean on the floor in plain sight, or no free agents are coming to Bean Town, unless their overpaid.

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 10:25:58 AM »

Offline Dedalus

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
Put him in the game and let him shoot. It's not like we're trying to win games. He might be the best shooter in our organization. Evan Turner is an annoying basketball player. Nelson doesn't hustle back on defense. Bradley and Green pout. So, what the hell are we doing? Give SG minutes to Bradley then Young. I watched every minute/game up until this trade. Rondo's absence is bearable. This 17 man rotation is not.

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 10:29:39 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
And he's back up for this week's practice:

Boston Celtics ‏@celtics 6m6 minutes ago
The Boston Celtics have recalled guard/forward James Young from the Maine Red Claws.

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 10:32:26 AM »

Offline Dedalus

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2014, 10:34:03 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I think if the Red Claws are doing defensive rotations similar to Stevens' then Young will be ready sooner than later.

Well, being the 13th best defensive team with our personnel would suggest that he does.

He still has a lonnnnnnnngggggg way to go on the defensive end to earn minutes, but the offensive game looks like it's already playable at the NBA level. I think he's still at least a month away from playing even spot minutes for the C's.

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 10:51:09 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Well, being the 13th best defensive team with our personnel would suggest that he does.

I'm willing to believe we're better defensively than we look but there's no way we're the 13th best defense in the league.

Mike