Author Topic: Who can the Celtics get for Brandan Wright?  (Read 11096 times)

Re: Who can the Celtics get for Brandan Wright?
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2014, 11:24:03 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
If PHX still has playoff aspirations come February, I'm hoping Wright and one of our lesser 1st rounders (ex. the Philly pick) could score us Isaiah Thomas.

And how would that make Phoenix better?  Trading one of their best players for a backup Center?

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2014, 12:02:39 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
If PHX still has playoff aspirations come February, I'm hoping Wright and one of our lesser 1st rounders (ex. the Philly pick) could score us Isaiah Thomas.

And how would that make Phoenix better?  Trading one of their best players for a backup Center?
better question is why would we want IT?  he's a short PG that can be picked on defensively.  he's got 3 more years after this which is well into the time we need Smart to be playing as a starter.  IT is paid more than what a good backup should be paid and he's already unhappy in Phx not starting. 

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2014, 12:22:42 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
can wright be traded with other players now? i think he can only be traded on his own. but i could be wrong.

I think you are correct, but someone with more in-depth knowledge will have to determine if it's Wright or wrong.

Mike

(C'mon, you just left it sitting out there...)

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2014, 12:30:45 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
can wright be traded with other players now? i think he can only be traded on his own. but i could be wrong.

I think you are correct, but someone with more in-depth knowledge will have to determine if it's Wright or wrong.

Mike

(C'mon, you just left it sitting out there...)
ha, ha...tp for you. yeah, i should have gotten that one wright.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2014, 12:46:50 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
We know that the Cavs have been discussing three team trades with Boston. Could this lead to a Brandan Wright to Cavaliers, Jeff Green to team X?

Celtics Receive: Haywood, Dellavedova, Cavs' 2015 First Rounder (via Memphis), Cavs' 2016 Second Rounder (via Clippers), Rockets' 2015 Second Rounder (via Knicks), Clippers' 2016 Second Rounder (via Nets)

Cavaliers Receive: Brandon Bass, Brandan Wright, Evan Turner, Jameer Nelson

Clippers Receive: Jeff Green

Rockets Receive: Rajon Rondo Trade Exception

Uh?  I'm not sure I understand the details of your proposed transaction.

What contract, exactly, did the Rockets trade out in order to create that TPE?   Did you perhaps mean to suggest one of the other teams?  The Cavs or the Clippers?  But the same question applies.

You don't 'trade' Traded Player Exceptions.

a) A TPE is created when you trade a player's contract away without taking any salary back in return (yet).

b) A TPE can be used to receive a player in trade without sending out matching salary (because you already sent out enough matching salary in step (a).

This is known as a 'non-simultaneous trade'.

You can't create a TPE by trading away a draft pick.  You have to trade away contracted salary.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2014, 07:23:28 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Maybe a couple of 2nd round picks but not much else.
We are certainly not getting a late first rounder for him lol.
If you think it's gonna be hard getting a late first rounder for Jeff Green what do we think Wright will fetch?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2014, 08:38:04 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Maybe a couple of 2nd round picks but not much else.
We are certainly not getting a late first rounder for him lol.
If you think it's gonna be hard getting a late first rounder for Jeff Green what do we think Wright will fetch?

Well, before the Cs acquired him he was considered the most efficient big man sub in the league and was most certainly worth a late first rounder. Now he is just an average big struggling to get minutes on a bad team. Why is he worth anymore than Kris Humphries (a TPE)?

Honestly, if all we are getting is a 2nd round pick, then I see no need to trade him. I was really hoping Danny knew something about Wright that the rest of the league didn't - meaning that the Rondo deal was actually worth it. I guess that was just stupid of me, though.

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2014, 08:53:11 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I ve yet to see him doing anything great so far .

I hope he shows something soon.

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2014, 09:06:20 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Well, according to ESPN he's a "Blossoming Big"..... ;)

So I'm expecting a lot.

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2014, 09:12:14 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
My guess is either a second round pick and an expiring contract OR a protected first round pick and a significantly worse player on a non-expiring contract.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2014, 09:14:04 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think we package him with Green to get a young player from a contending team.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2014, 09:40:34 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Young players on contending teams usually don't have salaries that allow for that sort of trade.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2014, 09:52:15 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
It took Tyson Chanlder almost a decade to fully develop himself as one of the best defensive bigs in the league. Wright is like.... 27 years old? The athleticism is still there. He never really got the opportunity to develop because he was often injured.

I'd like to keep him on a reasonable contract. But if the opportunity comes for a great deal, I'd trade him in a heartbeat.

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2014, 10:22:33 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

ESPN's trade checker tells me that Wright can't be combined with another player in a deal.

RealGM doesn't say anything about such a restriction.

Can anyone confirm either way?

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2014, 10:37:46 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

ESPN's trade checker tells me that Wright can't be combined with another player in a deal.

RealGM doesn't say anything about such a restriction.

Can anyone confirm either way?

I think the reason we needed the trade to happen when it did was because it still gave us a chance to package the [former] Mavs players with other players within a day or two of the trade deadline. However, I believe any of them can be traded individually right now.