Author Topic: Who can the Celtics get for Brandan Wright?  (Read 11057 times)

Who can the Celtics get for Brandan Wright?
« on: December 28, 2014, 08:49:53 PM »

Offline redbirdsfan7

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Celtics Receive: Matthew Dellavedova, Brendan Haywood, Lou Amundson, Cleveland's 2015 First Round Pick (via Memphis, Clevelands' 2016 Second Rounder (via Clippers)

Cavaliers Receive: Brandan Wright, Brandon Bass, Evan Turner, Jameer Nelson
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 10:36:03 PM by redbirdsfan7 »

Re: Who can the Celtics get for Brandan Wright?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 08:59:46 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Bag of balls?

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 09:03:47 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Not much on his own

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 09:06:32 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Not much on his own
agreed.  will most likely need to be part of a much larger package deal for the C's to get something good in return like a good young prospect or a first rounder

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 09:09:59 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
If PHX still has playoff aspirations come February, I'm hoping Wright and one of our lesser 1st rounders (ex. the Philly pick) could score us Isaiah Thomas.

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 09:12:23 PM »

Offline redbirdsfan7

• Xavier Tillman
We know that the Cavs have been discussing three team trades with Boston. Could this lead to a Brandan Wright to Cavaliers, Jeff Green to team X?

Celtics Receive: Haywood, Dellavedova, Cavs' 2015 First Rounder (via Memphis), Cavs' 2016 Second Rounder (via Clippers), Rockets' 2015 Second Rounder (via Knicks), Clippers' 2016 Second Rounder (via Nets)

Cavaliers Receive: Brandon Bass, Brandan Wright, Evan Turner, Jameer Nelson

Clippers Receive: Jeff Green

Rockets Receive: Rajon Rondo Trade Exception
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 09:18:38 PM by redbirdsfan7 »

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 09:20:17 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Celtics Receive: Matthew Dellavedova, Brendan Haywood, Lou Amundson, Cleveland's 2015 First Round Pick (via Memphis, Clevelands' 2016 Second Rounder (via Clippers

Cavaliers Receive: Brandan Wright, Brandon Bass, Evan Turner, Jameer Nelson
can wright be traded with other players now? i think he can only be traded on his own. but i could be wrong.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 09:22:27 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
We know that the Cavs have been discussing three team trades with Boston. Could this lead to a Brandan Wright to Cavaliers, Jeff Green to team X?

Celtics Receive: Haywood, Dellavedova, Cavs' 2015 First Rounder (via Memphis), Cavs' 2016 Second Rounder (via Clippers), Rockets' 2015 Second Rounder (via Knicks), Clippers' 2016 Second Rounder (via Nets)

Cavaliers Receive: Brandon Bass, Brandan Wright, Evan Turner, Jameer Nelson

Clippers Receive: Jeff Green

Rockets Receive: Rajon Rondo Trade Exception

What's with all the 2nd rounders? If we are giving up Green, Bass, Wright, and Turner, I really hope we can snag at least two firsts - even if they are a bit later in the draft.

Also, I don't think we can just trade the TPE as an asset. The Rockets would have to be sending out $12.9 mill in salary in order to receive the full TPE.

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 09:25:48 PM »

Offline redbirdsfan7

• Xavier Tillman
I don't think Wright is going to yield a first rounder. Also, the teams interested in Wright are not teams with multiple first round picks. The Rockets could conceivably give us their 2015 first rounder (via New Orleans), but it's protected.

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 09:40:57 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Not alot on his own (FA next season). But you add Thornton , Nelson as a package and you could get back a decent young prospect. Possibly a late 1st

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 06:42:25 AM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Outside of the obvious fact that the Cavaliers can't take back 17+M in salary while only sending out 3M+

Why are you just giving away everything that moves and wears green?

The Celtics get one asset of any type of value (the Memphis 1st rounder) and will have to wait probably until 2017 for that to convey.

That compensates us for Green. The rest is moving usable players for trash. I'm not saying that Bass, Turner, and Nelson are valuable but they have more value than a grab bag of extremely low and/or heavily protected second round picks.

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 07:33:35 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Not giving him much court time.Is he being kept under wraps for some reason.He was a  number 8 draft pick,is this what to expect years down the road from draft?. Then there is our short arms, or can't jump ,too fat,too skinny,too well rounded Red was good at finding picks others passed over have feeling danny might also be like that.Green looks good to me ,bass looks good to me. If we trade them what have we got left?So Bass goes but keep green ,he's the celts best athletic player.Seems lots of people want Young to play. He is only 19 and been injured most of the time including this summer.He needs time to improve the rest of his game,NOW not just live off a nice looking jumper.Wright can block shots and score around rim.Keep him or you will just wind up wasting a draft pick on somebody like him,A project. Its a shame ainge gave up powell Dallas really wanted him.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 07:58:19 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 08:39:31 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Not giving him much court time.Is he being kept under wraps for some reason.He was a  number 8 draft pick,is this what to expect years down the road from draft?. Then there is our short arms, or can't jump ,too fat,too skinny,too well rounded Red was good at finding picks others passed over have feeling danny might also be like that.Green looks good to me ,bass looks good to me. If we trade them what have we got left?So Bass goes but keep green ,he's the celts best athletic player.Seems lots of people want Young to play. He is only 19 and been injured most of the time including this summer.He needs time to improve the rest of his game,NOW not just live off a nice looking jumper.Wright can block shots and score around rim.Keep him or you will just wind up wasting a draft pick on somebody like him,A project. Its a shame ainge gave up powell Dallas really wanted him.

I don't see Green re-signing here and being the shot-creating alpha scorer that his contract would suggest, so I think he has to go too. Wright could stay as a fourth man in the rotation after Bass goes, depending on who else gets traded or returned in trade.

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2014, 10:13:44 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Before Wright is traded, he needs to establish value. He can't do that sitting on the bench.

I'd like to see what the guy can do on the floor. So far I haven't seen much too much.

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 10:53:30 AM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
A low first rounder maybe, but Wright needs some minutes to keep his value up, we've seen almost none of him in a Celtics uni.