Author Topic: Rondo settling in now  (Read 20386 times)

Rondo settling in now
« on: December 28, 2014, 08:44:44 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
but it is interesting that the Dallas crew do not track is assists like the Boston announcers did.

I also noticed that he is setting more picks then he ever did in Boston.

Also, Monta Ellis plays PG when it is end of quarter situation even when Rondo is on the floor.

Re: Rondo settling in now
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 10:14:51 PM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
He's fitting in quicker than I imagined. I've watched every game so far and it (Rondo/Ellis + Rondo and all the other guards) looked like it would be weeks before Rondo was flowing like this. He's been playing pretty well and it looks like he and Charlie V have a great "I'll pass, you hit it" chemistry.

I'll admit, it's nice seeing Rondo play with players who can make baskets. This offense was as great as it was billed before Rondo's arrival. I've enjoyed watching the Mavs a lot.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 10:27:02 PM »

Offline bobbyv

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
Mavs offense was amazing today with Rondo at the helm.

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 10:38:37 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Surround him with shooters and usually the results are pretty good.

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 10:46:29 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Nice to see. Imagine that 7 assts will only go up, points likely to drop down. I like seeing 2 TOs, as opposed to like 5 or 6, too... probably just cares more, and is playing with guys that know how to play.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 10:55:02 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Nice to see. Imagine that 7 assts will only go up, points likely to drop down. I like seeing 2 TOs, as opposed to like 5 or 6, too... probably just cares more, and is playing with guys that know how to play.

The Mavs have Ellis so they don't need Rondo to run their offense all the time.  Rondo is being asked to focus more on defense which worked pretty well this game with Westbrook shooting 6 for 23.   

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 10:58:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
He is not the big cheese anymore

If he slacks

He ll be called out by a coach and vet players ,  who have earned the right to lay into him if necessary.

So ...yeah he is under the gun , new peer pressure,   Must do good

Put up or shut up time..at the ranch

We could just GUESS about his ethic, effort and health .....as the C's are rebuilding

So......what you see with Rondo now is probaby close to max effort .

He can't save his body .....Mavs need to win this year...it's do or die Dirk is gettin old

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 11:02:10 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
to be honest, it was amazing prior to rondo's arrival as well.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 11:11:35 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Rondo won't get back to the same assist numbers because he is not in a position to dominate the offense.

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 11:42:59 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

The Mavs have Ellis so they don't need Rondo to run their offense all the time.  Rondo is being asked to focus more on defense which worked pretty well this game with Westbrook shooting 6 for 23.

So he was guarding Westbrook, then?

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 11:53:10 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Don't forget a coach who knows what he's doing, lol. ;D

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 12:06:46 AM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
to be honest, it was amazing prior to rondo's arrival as well.

But they were without Tyson Chandler.

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 12:29:26 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Don't forget a coach who knows what he's doing, lol. ;D

I don't even focus on him anymore. Looks lost... behaves as if he's lost... think he's going through growing pains, prob in large part due to roster/roster changes. I think we have the best collection of 2nd unit players in the league. And not a single starter. Lol.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2014, 12:40:45 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

So he was guarding Westbrook, then?

With Chandler out, Carlisle went with a small starting lineup (rondo/ellis/barea/parsons/dirk) and played a small lineup much of the game.  Rondo guarded Westbrook most of the time. Ellis, Barea and Harris guarded the other guards and small forwards and Parsons guarded Ibaka.  I expected OKC to dominate that small lineup but Dallas pressured hard and created some turnovers to get out on the fast break.  Westbrook got frustrated with the defense and forced some bad shots.  Overall a very good defensive performance by Rondo and Dallas as a whole considering Chandler was out. 

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 12:54:10 AM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
Did Rondo give a * in green?  ???

Effort levels are off the charts now.