Author Topic: Wizards not that good!!!  (Read 5949 times)

Wizards not that good!!!
« on: December 28, 2014, 02:02:16 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
Seriously, the more I watch this team, the less I think about them.  they seem to have a lot of lapses in their game when they ease up and give other teams a chance to come back.  that is if we don't miss every lay up and half our free throws.  I mean, what was up with Zeller???  I don't think I have ever seen anybody blow that many lay ups!!! I think he's got the Rondo blues.
for some reason I felt confident, even down 20, that we had a chance to beat these guys.

Re: Wizards not that good!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 03:13:05 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Seriously, the more I watch this team, the less I think about them.  they seem to have a lot of lapses in their game when they ease up and give other teams a chance to come back.  that is if we don't miss every lay up and half our free throws.  I mean, what was up with Zeller???  I don't think I have ever seen anybody blow that many lay ups!!! I think he's got the Rondo blues.
for some reason I felt confident, even down 20, that we had a chance to beat these guys.

I think that's almost every team in the NBA's problem. The old adage "it's a game of runs" often rings true, no matter how great a team is.

They have two solid big men, two very good if not great guards, and a finisher and clutch performer in Pierce.

I still think very highly of them. And to your point, they didn't let us back in the game tonight, and not because Zeller had some bad bounces he usually gets.

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 06:00:09 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Oh, the Wiz are THAT good...

If healthy, they've got good defenders in their guards...an All-star in Wall, a wise vet (that is STILL producing) in Pierce, good and talented size up front, and a deep bench.

That being said, I'd change your thread title to "Kris Humphries is not THAT good, lol :'("

He is a rotation big, easily, but seeing HIM abuse our porous interior for 18 and 9, with dunks, was painful to see.

We're hurting right now.

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 06:21:57 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

If healthy, they've got good defenders in their guards...an All-star in Wall, a wise vet (that is STILL producing) in Pierce, good and talented size up front, and a deep bench.

That being said, I'd change your thread title to "Kris Humphries is not THAT good, lol :'("

He is a rotation big, easily, but seeing HIM abuse our porous interior for 18 and 9, with dunks, was painful to see.

We're hurting right now.

Sorry, Kris Humphries is that good.
People put him down because of the tv show, but he is a very good basketball player.
And the Wizards are a very good team.

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 06:34:37 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

We're hurting right now.

People put him down because of the tv show, but he is a very good basketball player.

He's not 18/9 good.

I winced as he faked poor KO out of his sneakers and blew by him for that dunk.

If he was "Very Good" as you say, then why did BKN trade him? Or why didn't BOS sign him? Many of us loved him here, including me.

And who said anything about his TV show? That doesn't have anything to do with it.

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 06:36:44 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

We're hurting right now.

He's not 18/9 good.

If he was "Very Good" as you say, then why did BKN trade him? Or why didn't BOS sign him? Many of us loved him here, including me.

And who said anything about his TV show? That doesn't have anything to do with it.

BKN is stupid. We already had too many PFs.
And yes, Humphries was our best player last year.

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 06:38:14 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

We're hurting right now.

He's not 18/9 good.

If Kris Humphries was our best player last year, why didn't Danny open the checkbook?

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 06:43:59 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

We're hurting right now.

He's not 18/9 good.

If Kris Humphries was our best player last year, why didn't Danny open the checkbook?

Because we already had Bass, KO, and Sullinger.

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 06:49:48 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

We're hurting right now.

He's not 18/9 good.

But if Kris Humphries was our best player, as you stated - then Danny should've opened the checkbook and made him our 4th Big...or started him at either PF or C and brought KO or Sully off the bench.

We've acquired Zeller since then, so this point is moot.

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 07:51:36 AM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
I'd change your thread title to "Kris Humphries is not THAT good, lol :'("

its unbelievable to me how many people overlook how good kris humphries is. the guy is a very good basketball player. he's a quality starting player, and a better rebounder than anyone on the celtics right now, and that's not an opinion - that's a fact backed up by stats. don't kid yourselves he was the player that played the best on the celtics last year. he had a per of 18, and if you don't like that metric look up his per 40 stats or his winscore.

and btw, because danny knew humphries was good, he tried to offload bass to golden state so he could keep humphries but golden state dropped out at the last second, so he had no option but to trade him to the wizards to get a trade exception to at least get something out of him. so yeah humphries is good.

and brooklyn traded him because they were getting paul pierce, kevin garnett, and jason terry - and when you trade for those people you need to do a fairly good job at matching salaries - hump and wallace had to go. plus billy king is notorious for being a bad GM.

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 08:48:25 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
"Teams are just coming out smashing us in the mouth," Sullinger said. "We just have to be prepared for that. People feel like we're sweet, we're soft. We just have to play tougher."

"It's very disrespectful," Sullinger said. "Only us guys in the locker room can change that."

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/sullinger-people-think-were-sweet-soft

Talk is cheap, no one respects our bigs.  They attack Sully and the rest of the bigs every chance they get.

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2014, 09:00:37 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

We're hurting right now.

He's not 18/9 good.

But if Kris Humphries was our best player, as you stated - then Danny should've opened the checkbook and made him our 4th Big...or started him at either PF or C and brought KO or Sully off the bench.

We've acquired Zeller since then, so this point is moot.

I bet DA would have opened his checkbook to Humps if they could have landed Love. But once Love went to Cleveland DA knew his next big move would be to move Rondo and start the youth rebuild. Humps is older and should be on a contending team. And DA has done a pretty good job with getting his older guys he can't use into better situations.

Sent KG and PP to the Nets, which they should have been better. Did a sign and trade with Humps to the Wizards, and Rondo to the Mavs. This gets DA into the the agents good graces for future moves.

Humps did exactly what he did last night for our team more often than not. He's an excellent 6th man. The nets got rid of him because they needed him for matching contracts. He didn't have a use for our team this season, thats why he's not hear. But he's a great fit for the Wizards.

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 09:06:34 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
WHEN I READ YOUR FLAMBOYANT MESSAGES COMBINED WITH THE ANARCHIST AVATAR I FEEL LIKE...

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2014, 09:11:51 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Seriously now, it is funny (though hardly surprising) how we switched from the 'why on earth isn't Stevens using Zeller in the 4th quarter" narrative to the "what's wrong with Zeller?" one. I guess it will take ppl time to realize our roster is not as good as we think. Stevens deserves some credit for what he has managed to achieve with a roster without a single elite player.

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2014, 10:44:25 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I'd change your thread title to "Kris Humphries is not THAT good, lol :'("

its unbelievable to me how many people overlook how good kris humphries is. the guy is a very good basketball player. he's a quality starting player, and a better rebounder than anyone on the celtics right now, and that's not an opinion - that's a fact backed up by stats. don't kid yourselves he was the player that played the best on the celtics last year. he had a per of 18, and if you don't like that metric look up his per 40 stats or his winscore.

and btw, because danny knew humphries was good, he tried to offload bass to golden state so he could keep humphries but golden state dropped out at the last second, so he had no option but to trade him to the wizards to get a trade exception to at least get something out of him. so yeah humphries is good.

and brooklyn traded him because they were getting paul pierce, kevin garnett, and jason terry - and when you trade for those people you need to do a fairly good job at matching salaries - hump and wallace had to go. plus billy king is notorious for being a bad GM.
actually, no. this is one of the many wonderful advantages to doing our homework and finding fun stats prior to posting.

this season's rebounding:
the hump = 6.3/g
sullen sully = 7.8/g

next, humphries has been in the nba 11 seasons and during those times he has averaged more than 10 points/game exactly TWICE. (that means two times.  ;) )

rebounding is a similar story. he has averaged more than 6.3 r/g TWICE in his 11 year career.

hump is a good player, but i am not as enamored with him as some posters. heck, his one year with the celtics he averaged 8.4 pt/g and 5.9 reb/g. nice numbers, but hardly the stuff to write home about. and he was doing this on a BAD team, where his abilities should have shown.

for further reference, this year:
olly is averaging 12 and 5.7,
sully 13.3 and 7.8, and
zeller is 9.6 and 5.5.

these performances rival, if not surpass, hump's efforts. and hump had been in the league 10 years, more than olly, sully, and zeller combined. these celtics still have upside.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/humphkr01.html

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/bos/cat/avgRebounds/boston-celtics
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva