Author Topic: This Game Is Unwatchable  (Read 6236 times)

Re: This Game Is Unwatchable
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2014, 09:40:40 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
KO's chin patch and Sully clearly out of shape is un-watchable.  I would not play either till those two get their act together. Shave and lose weight for the love of basketball PLEASE
Kelly reminds me of Walton with the Blazers!

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2014, 09:46:14 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
KO's chin patch and Sully clearly out of shape is un-watchable.  I would not play either till those two get their act together. Shave and lose weight for the love of basketball PLEASE
Kelly reminds me of Walton with the Blazers!

Don't insult Bill, lol! ;D KO looks like a billy goat.

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2014, 10:16:08 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I forgot to watch .....

Maybe the luckiest thing that could have happened from the early reports I'm seeing.

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2014, 10:37:51 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
All the Pro Tankers loved last year.  Guess what...here's where it starts to really suck - Year 2 when its obvious this mess won't turn around anytime soon and you realize how much crappy basketball lies ahead.

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2014, 11:34:21 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
No run-down, LoBron-esque block in transition by KO "Billy Goat" Clinic tonight. Bad TV.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2014, 11:59:07 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
we're a bad team.  accept it.  hope some trades and ping pong balls go our way soon.

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2014, 11:59:49 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

LOL TP.

If Olynyk shaved and cut his hair, the refs would call fewer fouls on him.

I honestly agree. His appearance gives off a negative perception at this point in his career.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2014, 12:17:02 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
a lot of "wah wah, woe is me, my team sucks and I don't like watching them" talk on this thread. How about some positive criticism of what they did wrong tonight, and what they need to do to improve their play. 

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2014, 12:30:57 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Well...each time they cut it to like 15-16 in the 2nd half--they immediately came down and took 3-4 STUPID shots....instead of taking it to the rim....too many guys playing hero ball--and not nearly enough passing.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2014, 11:04:56 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
The Celtics looked frightened tonight. They looked intimidated from the start.

This is definitely a team looking for a leader on the floor.

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2014, 11:13:15 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Well...each time they cut it to like 15-16 in the 2nd half--they immediately came down and took 3-4 STUPID shots....instead of taking it to the rim....too many guys playing hero ball--and not nearly enough passing.
good point. and i have seen this in other games as well. not each and every game, but often.

for me, this gets back to the lack of consistency in this team. some games they play well as a team. some games not. some quarters they play well as a team. some quarters not. some possessions they play well as a team. some possessions not. you never know what you are going to get from this team.

is the source of the inconsistency youth? lack of a "team" that has played together for a while? a new coach? new systems? players joining and leaving the team? uneven talent of the players? mismatched talents?

probably all of the above. i dont envy CBS for trying to create consistency out of all the above.  :P
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2014, 12:54:44 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm going to keep watching every Celtics game, because . . . well . . . they're the Celtics, but if it weren't for my love affair with the goofy Canadian with the long hair and the goatee, this team would indeed be very close to unwatchable right now.

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2014, 01:30:19 AM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I'm still enjoying every game but viewing it similarly to the way I watched Louisville /KYU yesterday. There is no importance concerning W's and L's, and more observing what the younger guys can and can't do. I certainly don't feel like I'm martyring myself by tuning in and am pretty relaxed at all points of the game,regardless the score.

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2014, 01:33:30 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I'm going to keep watching every Celtics game, because . . . well . . . they're the Celtics, but if it weren't for my love affair with the goofy Canadian with the long hair and the goatee, this team would indeed be very close to unwatchable right now.

The goofy Canadian is getting better at defense.

Slowly, but surely, he is getting to the "below average" level. Hopefully by the middle of next season he'll be "average".

It's good to see KO not getting immediate fouls anymore. And that block last game!? My goodness that was "average"!!!

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2014, 05:19:32 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
I'm sorry, I thought this was a Celtic's forum!!!